main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce/Jedi Council Official Party - Thurs Aug 12 @ 6:30 - PARTY FAQS incl. SHUTTLE INFO POSTED!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    AFO is held at this location and while its not a big con, it's decent enough.

If they're having this in the area I think they are, you'll have plenty of space.

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    1 of my roommates plans on attending but hasn't bought her ticket yet.

3. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Wow! Seems great! I'm hungry just reading the menu ;-)

Can't wait to see all of you there!

4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I believe there will be free wifi available at the hotel. We're actually planning on broadcasting the party live on the internet. The convention center should have wifi available for $12.95 or something like that.

5. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I saw something on the OCCC website several months ago about wifi for like $25/day. A bit pricey. May be different for each show though so who knows.

6. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Lucky bloke. Unless the guys I'm rooming with bring something, I won't have ANY internet access whatsoever.:p[face_worried]

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, that is a bit pricey. might just use it on the day most of the EU stuff happens to get my biggest bang for my buck and rely on cheaper hotel access (or commandeering one of Dingo's laptops ;) ) the rest of the time.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    According to this, it's $12.95 per day or $4.95 per hour.

9. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    I'm staying right there at that resort, but I think I'll leave my laptop at home this time around. I just don't feel I'll have enough time for it, theres alot to do. So I plan on keeping active through out the whole show, bad enough having the phone with me.

10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    But you will need it to upload,empty out your memory card so that those not going can see all the fun were having.

11. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    I totally agree here. Don't forget to check out my photo tips. This was one of them: http://bit.ly/amsomS

Also, I asked this in the other thread, but didn't see an answer yet so I figured I'd ask here.

Do you guys know exactly where on the resort the party is? I was looking at the map and the Wyndham is pretty big and spread out. If we knew the name of the room it was in, that would help so we're not wandering around too long looking for it.

12. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I have a feeling that might depend on our final numbers. Dajuan will be able to answer it better.

Quest, they'll be at the table again. This time completely different login though so we don't have any repeats of last time.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Sorry, I saw the question just haven't had a chance to look it up. I will look in a bit after I've sorted all the emails from last night and this morning.

14. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    No rush at all. We still have a week. :) Just wanted to throw it out there while I was thinking about it. THanks.

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We're in the Palms Ballroom. I can't find an over all hotel floor plan yet to know exactly where it is. Stay tuned.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    This is what I got back in response to where in the complex are we. The convention center refers to the Wyndham's con center:
    The convention center is in the main building. Entrance for your room is located on the Sandlake Road side of the Resort by the large carport entrance.

I'll see if I can find a way to post the PDF that was sent to me/

17. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    This will definitely help. Thanks.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We topped 300 today. Plus we have a couple new names to add to the celeb list. Working on that update shortly.

19. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    I have a couple of memory cards , plus my phone has a 4 gig in for video, pics and what not . So I'm good to go. Thanks for caring though.

20. KissinDigital

KissinDigital Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2010
    I'll be a giant dorktastic and (if I remember) will take some pictures of the locale for you guys. I think AFO does include a floor plan in their program, so I'll try to find a way to get it posted so it'll be easy to find.

It's gonna be fun standing around a buncha weeaboos and thinking that in 5 days from the time I'll be there, the place will be full of SW people. :B

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Can anyone who takes pictures at the party send me copies of them? If you know who they are pictures of sending names along with them would be great. I'd like to put together a photo album of the event if possible.

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I will be uploading our pictures to www.rmff.net so people can go there and grab them.

23. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    If I'm able to go I'll send you copies of mine and I'll prolly take a lot of photos.

24. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll have my camera with me... how much I'll use it at the party, I don't know. Ask me afterward :p

25. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I just took a look at the compiled list of all the celebrities scheduled to attend and I am just in awe. This is THE premier event to be at while at CV. I cannot even begin to express my thanks to everyone who has helped to put this all together. SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.