main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce logo competition winner announced

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Obi Anne , Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We would like to officially announce an official Fanforce logo competition. At this moment this is to be used for generic Fanforce t-shirts, but could be used in the future for anything from sites to boards to anything else we decide to put out.

Dates: February 1 ? February 29

Rules:
    1. No Star Wars images, logos or text.
    2. All work submitted must be your own, not published anywhere else
    3. You may not ?borrow? ideas from anywhere else and change them to make your own ? all entries are to be entirely your own intellectual property.
    4. Any entries submitted before the competition opens or after the competition closes will not be accepted.
    5. Anyone of RSA status or above is not eligible to enter. CRs ARE allowed.
    6. Only people who are members of Fanforce chapters are eligible to enter. This may be either an official or unofficial chapter, but you must be a member of a chapter in order to enter, and we will be background checking.

Submissions: Please post all submissions in the official Logo Competition Thread in the Fanforce Communications forum.

General Information: What shall the prize be? A free t-shirt when they?re all made and a title of 'Fanforce logo artist' on the boards.

T-shirt production: At the moment nothing has been decided about the production of any t-shirts, and therefore it's also not possible to give any cost estimates. If you know of somebody who can produce nice quality t-shirts to a reasonable price, and that ships worldwide, please contact your RSA.

A nice thing would also be to make a design that allowed for leaving a space on the chest where you can print your screen name when you get the t-shirt.

Who is judging the competition?: The Fanforce RSAs, GSAs and Joshua Griffin.

Good Luck :)

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Should there be an "out clause" in case you guys don't like any of the ideas...or at the very least, take the idea you like the best and work with it. I wouldn't want FF to be stuck with a logo that isn't gushed over with joy joy feelings just because it was the contest winning. Maybe it'll be a non-issue when some of the submissions start flowing in.

3. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Great Idea. Unfortunately I have no artistic ability. :(

Too bad the members of Fanforce cannot vote on a favorite. I think it was great when the members of he collecting forum voted on the new banner.

4. MARCOLAS

MARCOLAS FF France North CR - FanForce Logo Designer star 6

Apr 3, 2001
    Very good idea. I'll try to do something

5. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    This sounds fun - I think I'll give it a try!
    Obi Anne, expect a pm coming in your direction in a moment ;)

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Seb, hopefully we won't get to a stage where we get so bad submissions, I have great faith in our members. :)

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I didn't necessarily mean bad submissions, you could have great logos that just aren't right for the group..or at least, could use a little tweaking.

8. BuffaloJedi

BuffaloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    As a point of clarification, could someone please define what constitutes a "logo"? Are you looking for an emblem design, as in something graphic, like the Imperial or Rebel logos? Or are you looking for a typographic solution, as it a new design for the "FanForce.Net" text identity? Or are you looking for both? Also, in what form (approximate size, shape, and file size) should this be submitted? If you could just clarify the details of what it is you are looking for it would be very helpful.

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The thought was to make t-shirts with this design, but if it's possible we would like to adopt it on fanforce.net as well, not as a banner but as a symbol for fanforce. Think mainly t-shirts though.

10. BuffaloJedi

BuffaloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    So I'm assuming the design needs to incorporate the word "FanForce" as well as some kind of graphic element? And is this going to use limited colors, or the full range of colors?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just think it needs to be spelled out what elements should be part of the overall design, otherwise people may be designing logos which can't be used because they don't meet certain necessary criteria.

11. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    We're just looking for a logo - you can do just about anything you want, that's the idea. :)

Limited colours would be better due to printing costs, yes, but other than that it's whatever you think would look good and make a good t-shirt.

12. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    How many submissions are we aloud?

I have one ready...do I post here?

13. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    sure don't be afraid to show it to the world... and us ^_^

14. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I say send as many submissions as you care to make. The more, the merrier. [face_devil]

15. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    ok :)

Heres my first idea:

[image=http://www.petridish.net/pics/12000/Logo1.jpg]

and spruced up

[image=http://www.petridish.net/pics/12000/Logo1b.jpg]

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    lol...I like it, but at a quick glance it looks like an unhappy face.

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    LOL!

Someone else mentioned that to me!

Its just a first idea :) Maybe I can rotate it ;)

18. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I made one too

[image=http://www.cloneweb.net/fanforce.jpg]

Of course, I can make one with less colors for printing on t-shirts :)

19. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    I don't know about the background on that (would be impossible to print), but I like how you added 'Join the Community' to it. :)

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Very cool!!!

From my experience making the Fan Force banner, vector graphics programs are useful when submitting artwork for making banners and (possibly T-Shirts). I think it was Adobe something or other that we used, but I can't remember which one it was...

21. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Illustrator.

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    That's the one. :D

23. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Ok, this isn't the best thing I've done, but it struck me as something that could possibly be usable, if I put a little more something into it.

Ok, apologies/explanations follow afterwards, but here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/karlholzer_3/jedi1.htm

Now to explain a few things:

First- the pic is big so bear with me.

Second- I'm not sure if a Jedi character I drew falls under "no Star Wars images." The image is kinda taken from my Jedi outfit and a pic I had of me...

Third- I'm not sure if the Jedi Code is a no-no (easily taken out if so).

Fourth- The lettering is bad, so that'll have to be changed.

Fifth- I drew this in about 10 minutes, hence no color/greyscale. And yes, I drew this and threw it under my scanner... Old school yo.

Sixth- Sorry about it being posted under geocities.

Seventh- This image would be on the back of a (probably black) shirt. The way I see it is make the image black and white and it will really stand out (as well as being cheap).

Don't laugh, I'm sensitive *sensitive sniff*. Heh, just kidding. Rip it apart if you have to, but constructive ideas are always good.

-K

24. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Basically, no Star Wars includes no Jedi code and nothing recognisable as a Jedi, unfortunately. :)

You also need to remember that it's something that would have to look good and stand out on a range of things from t-shirts to websites, as we're likely to try and use it as much as we can. :)

25. MARCOLAS

Apr 3, 2001
    I don't know about the background on that (would be impossible to print), but I like how you added 'Join the Community' to it
    I can make one with black background (and without stars), and one with white background.

Here they are

[image=http://www.cloneweb.net/fanforce_black.jpg]
    Black background

[image=http://www.cloneweb.net/fanforce_white.jpg]
    white background

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.