main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY Fanforce Meeting in Binghamton?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TreborGahKor, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out there and I'm apologizing now if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, but I wanted to bring it up. Could we have a Fanforce meeting in Binghamton sometime this week? I don't have the kids with me this week (they're with grammy and papa) and I would love for all of us to get together somewhere (maybe Barnes n' Nobles) and talk about the future of a Binghamton Fan Club. We could organize ourselves, come up with some ideas and even talk about planning some events. What do you think? Could anyone make it? No cosutmes required :)

2. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    yes,
    But Saturday and Sundays are best for me.
    How about (and I know this is very short notice) Sunday the 6th or Saturday the 12th?
    And Barnes n' Nobles sounds great.
    If you can, bring some pictures of your current works in progress. I would love to see how things are going.

3. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Uh, tommorrow would be short notice. BUT, next weekend would work okay for me. I could do like Saturday night . My Mother-in-law is coming over in the afternoon, though. Anytime in the next week would be great. Let me know what works best for you.

4. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    Saturday the 12th in the evening say 6ish at Barns and Nobles?
    Bring anyone that will come. I will call Ian and see if he will come too.

Attending:
    TreborGahKor
    jackboot

5. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    I'll come too!!

marks the calander..:D

6. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Saturday at six sounds good! Okay, so the official list is now:
    TreborGahKor
    jackboot
    Jem-Ker Lodemi

At some point, we should all share our email and "terran" [face_tee_hee]) names. My email is:
    http://www.r_crissman@hotmail.com

7. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    Awesome! [face_dancing]
    I am Charles and my e-mail is jackboot_jedi@yahoo.com
    I have a jedi outfit and do a pretty good Qui-Gon Jinn but I want a Stromtrooper in the worst way. I have been thinking about a custom Mandalorian now that I have had some experience working with plastics. I saw what Ian did and thought how cool it was to have so much freedom with the armour, helmet, and weapon.

8. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi all.

Charles called me today and I will not be able to make it this Saturday. I can make Sunday at about midday. If not Charles will be the official representitive from the Binghamton Chapter( mI know it states that he is SSJ but Charles and I are the founding members of the Binghamton Chapter. I will be giving him the banner to put out on a table (if we can)and also some of my props to show you what we have been doing.

If you can change it to Sunday would be great then I can meet you both. This Chapter has been dead for too long.

Ian

9. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    What do you say? Can we move it to Sunday at noon?
    That is fine with me!

10. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    Sunday is perfect. I don't have anything at all going on either day...just to double check...its' at Barnes and Noble on the Parkway at 12noon?? I'm sure I'll recoginze you right??[face_laugh];)
    Terran is Karen...lol....and email is lonwlf4ever@mail.com.

11. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    My email address is Jedimasterpalmer@yahoo.com

12. mrgr8ness

mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2005
    A meeting would be great. Trouble for me my schedule is packed. I work my regular job during the week, and my small business on the weekends. Plus my wife is due any day now. Mmm..I would like to attend the meeting though. Maybe by mid-week I will have a better idea on the weekend schedule.

13. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    So the list is
    jackboot
    TreborGahKor
    Karate-jedi
    Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Yes Barns and Nobles on vestal parkway at noon Sunday.
    And you will be able to recognize us because Ian and I will have a banner on a table or some other indication as to who we are.
    The distinctive musk of geek-dome will waft off of us. lol
    -C

14. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    It is confirmed, I will be there! I will also bring some of my stuff like my lightsaber replicas for you all to look at as well as my laptop with my Star Wars Podcast and Blog "stuff". Sounds like fun to me! Can't wait!

15. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hey it's great =D= to hear you're getting together down there! Congrats!

16. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Do you think I should call Barnes and Nobles and "okay" the whole thing with management and maybe get them to have a table ready for us? I would be more than willing to :)

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I have a big couple of days going on so, please call them. I will try to call them.

18. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    That might be a good idea.

BTW...I found a pair of white boots in my closet...would be good for a stormtrooper outfit...I'll bring them along if anyone wants them they can have them.

19. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    What Size? Mi Wife has been looking for a better pair for her Princess Leia.

20. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    I"m not sure, I've had them a while...but I have little feet...so I think they are no bigger than a 7. She's more than welcome to them if she can wear them...:D.

21. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    SHe says she runs anywhere between a 7 & an 8 depending on the shoe. So yea if nobody claims them & you still have them, the next oppertunity for a get-togther maybe she can try them on.
    Garrison Excelsior is doing the Seneca Whale Watch in Geneva link

It's on the 19th. Or later in september, maybe Might Mini Con in Utica or even later Maybe Albacon? Garrison Excelsior Events link

22. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I didn't get to call B&N I have just been that busy with work.

23. jackboot

Mar 21, 2004
    I called and got the all clear from Barns and Nobles for a one time meeting in the Café. If we want to meet monthly we will talk to the public relations manager later. We have plenty to talk about already and I can?t wait.

24. TreborGahKor

Nov 14, 2005
    Thank you. I had plans on calling tonight, but that clears that up! Thanks. I can't wait!

25. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    That sounds good to me T_Starflyer. She'll get them one way or another..lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.