main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson "FanForce Meeting Information. PLEASE READ"...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by big_boss_nass, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm not trying to be a pain or anything but from now on when we have a meeting, we need everyone to say they'll either be there or they won't. I'm not saying this to anyone in general, because I've forget about a meeting and missed it when I said I would be there. But from now on we need to have a set time and place set at least a week ahead of time. If you say you're going to be there, we expect you to be there. If something unexpected comes up, there's nothing you can do about that, but try to make an effort to let us know ahead of time, because we don't if you're coming or not. Sorry if I'm being a pain but I think I speak for all of us when I say this.

2. Lucky_Charms

Lucky_Charms Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Wow it looks like the only person besides Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1977 and Admiral_JasterMereel that actually "confirmed" was TD0690 and he was almost admitted to the hospital. However this seems suspiciously like the last meeting we attended. We did still discuss stuff and had a meeting for the people which did show up, which was TD0690, AoErat,Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1977 and myself. There were a lot more confirmed for that one.

So are you trying to be a pain or what? :p
    Anyway my suggestion to everyone is pick a new location that will be easier for everyone to find one another. Then have a set meeting date and time that doesn?t change from month to month. If you do hold a poll/vote on the boards to see who can make it only the people who "KNOW" they will be able to attend (except for extenuating circumstances) should reply. If there aren't going to be enough people the week before the meeting, cancel it.

3. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    b_b_n, I am not trying to flame you, I'm trying to help you.

from now on when we have a meeting, we need everyone to say they'll either be there or they won't.... But from now on we need to have a set time and place set at least a week ahead of time. If you say you're going to be there, we expect you to be there....

First of all, this is a Star Wars fan club, not a communist country!!!! People are free to come and go as they please. This is supposed to be in good fun. But when you're demanding people to do this or do that, it's not fun!

If something unexpected comes up, there's nothing you can do about that, but try to make an effort to let us know ahead of time, because we don't if you're coming or not.

No one HAS TO let anyone know anything. If someone doesn't make it then they don't make it. [sarcasm]BIG FRICKIN' DEAL!!![/sarcasm] NO ONE HAS TO ANSWER TO ANYONE IN THIS GROUP LIKE THAT! To top it off, where do you get off saying this stuff? You've missed just as many meetings as anyone else.

Sorry if I'm being a pain but I think I speak for all of us when I say this.

You speak for yourself and maybe one or two others. But I know that you don't speak for everyone.

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Okay, we're going to need to take a step back here too.

b_b_n, I understand what you're trying to achieve, but please don't make demands of what people need to do. I know it's aggrivating to have somebody back out of a commitment, but like TD0690 said....this is a Fan Club, nobody has the right to make demands of anybody.

I'd suggest for the future that you post requesting people to say if they can make it or not...if they don't post, then oh well. Nobody, except the CR, is accountable to anybody for showing up and nobody needs to tell anybody anything about their lives if they don't want to.

If anybody has any questions on anything, then please post or PM me.

5. Admiral_JasterMereel

Admiral_JasterMereel Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow, b_b_n! It looks like we're getting it from everyone. :D

You Rebel Scum!
    ~Bôba Fe++

6. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    Hell with this organization, it's not cool. I wasn't trying to demand anyone, I'm trying to make my point clear. The last "Meeting" we had we were waiting for people that didn't even show up! Why should we have to waise our time because someone was to lazy to let us know. Ban me for this if you want but this sucks!

7. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    The last "Meeting" we had we were waiting for people that didn't even show up!

b_b_n, who exactly were you waiting for? Like Lucky_Charms said, I was the only person other than Obi-Wan_Kenobi_1977 and Admiral_JasterMereel that "confirmed" for the meeting. Being the only accountable one at the time, I let everyone know 6 hours ahead of time (which was the earliest that I could) that I couldn't make it due to health problems.

Why should we have to waise our time because someone was to lazy to let us know.

Once again, this does not apply to the last meeting since I let everyone know I couldn't make it ahead of time. As for past meetings, sure people not showing up upset me, but I understand that stuff happens. It really isn't that big of a deal. I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do.

8. big_boss_nass

Nov 12, 2001
    This really dosen't need to go any further but I'm going to take it further. TD0690 I just talked to Admiral_JasterMereel on the phone and we both think your childish for taking us off of your WUL over this, I responded by doing the same, Jay did not. 7 hours ahead of time is not enough, if the meeting was at three, not all of us go on the net in the morning.

Edited for flaming

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    big_boss_nass...

Please refrain from personal attacks of any type here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.