main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA FanForce Meeting With Imax Director! Important read if you plan to help!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Rox (Terry), GreenCat (Chris), Noble Kale (Tom Kring), Crimson Knight (Joe Bell), and myself (Sal) met with the director of the Rangos IMAX theater last night to go over plans for our participation on the opening weekend.

First let me put this out that we need HELP!

We got to see some of the "restricted" areas of the Science Center, saw the theater where the movie will play. (If you haven't seen it, it is a dome like structure that can make you dizzy. If you get dizzy easily or just want to take precautions it is recommended that you bring dramamine. This is the medication for dizziness. Another old standby is to suck on a mint candy. (Yeah I thought this was crazy but have been told that it works.) While talking with the Director we showed her some designs for our website insert promo card that we are going to be putting inside the Bantha Tracks give-away. She liked them and said that it should be okay to do this. (This hopefully is going to make our group grow much bigger.) Joe (Crimson Knight) show his pictures from Celebration II and the Director was impressed (but didn't like the Slave Leia and hopes that there aren't any at the premiere).

Some of our duties will be:

Ticket takers

People to hand out the Banth Tracks free giveaway

Security (Although this will be as a visual thing, we are not to physcially touch anyone. If there is a problem you are to notify official Science Center Staff)

Photo Booth: This has four areas:
    Money takers
    line/people ogranizer (Keep people in line and in appropriate location)
    People in costume to have their picture taken with fans who want them.
    Photographer: We will "try" to discourage people from taking pictures of us with them so that we can raise this money for the Science Center.

Photographers other than the photo booth. (My fiancee will be the "official" one for the website, but any others who want to can. This is limited as we don't want people running around just taking pictures. We need help in other areas more important.

We got to see the Official Banner, which is the poster but much larger. Also we got to see what are called "rate cards" this is a miniature of the poster that will be given away druing other features to try to promote the movie more.

We got something really cool for free but I can't say what, and no I'm not telling and no I'm not selling!

All in all it was a good meeting and I think we were well received.

We will need approximately 2 dozen (24 people) both Friday and Saturday. Please let Rox know if you can help:

Here is what you are to put:
    Your name
    What day(s) and times you can help
    What you would like to do to help (We may not be able to give everyone what they want depending on availibility, but we'll try)
    If you don't have a preference please state so.

We will be helping from 2:30 pm Friday to the 9:00 pm show and again from 2pm Sat until the last show. If you can't make it all day that's okay, "Any help here would be hot." Okay so I couldn't help myself with a quote!

Also, and unfortunately, we will not get in for free as previously thought, but will get preference for advanced tickets.
    Notify Terry/ROX immeditely if you plan on helping and attending a premiere weekend screening of the movie!
    He will provide you with a badge that signifies you are part of the tribe...I mean member of the club so Science Center Staff will know that you are "Official" help.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    What times are the Saturday showings?

Nevermind, I forgot about the schedule on the main page.

3. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    I'll help in any way I can, both days too. I'd be willing to do anything, except the person in costume thing, because, well, I don't have a costume. Unless I can get one together in less than a week. I'll have to see. But other wise, I plan on being there, and helping out as much as I can.
    Just out of curiosity, we will still need tickets to actually go see the film, correct? Also, should we get there early to "set up" anything, organize, etc?
    Wow, I'm getting excited already. I can't wait.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    One more thing. Two bad that Loews isn't as cooperative as the Science Center.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Sal thanks for getting this posted, I worked until 4 pm.

Zero I have reserved our group 26 tickets for the friday 6:45 showing. I counted you in for one of them.

Edit: As for volunteering you need to be in costume. If you want to helpout and don't have a costume, tell and we will do our darndest to get you one. I have an extra set of robes, no tunic. Someone is more than welcome to wear it.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Does anyone happen to have the Cantina Band Player mask?

7. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    For those that already sent me emails, please tell me what you are coming as, as I said before, volunteers have to be in costume. But even if you aren't in costume I still reserved tickets for most of you.

8. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Greencat ;) reporting for duty.

I'll be there Friday afternoon by 2 (took a 'personal day' from work). I can work the whole time Saturday.

I would be glad to take the money for the photos (hey, if you can't trust a Jedi, who can you trust). If we end up not doing photos, I will cheerfully hand out Bantha Tracks, do line duty or whatever . . . .

After the meeting on Thursday, I'm wondering if it might not be better for those working Friday evening to see the last show rather than the 6:45 show. That way we can help out with the crowd waiting to see the last showing . . .

I'm so excited! This is going to be so cool! Not only seeing AOTC on the BIG BIG screen, but also this is SWAP's very first event where we will be out working with the public! May the Force be with us.

9. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'll be there both days, and I'm willing to do whatever you need me. I'll be in my Imperial Guard uniform.

10. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    I need to see what times I can be there, but you know I'll help.

11. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    Guess what GC? Time to break out the......Yellow Shirt. Then anyone from C2 will automatically be stricken with fear and respect.

12. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Yeah, and if greencat slacks of again and makes us watch her post, we will always have Nick around to say something nice to those science center athorities who wonder where she went ;)

13. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Friday - we won't know till then but Saturday = free all day to do your bidding.

I would just prefer to be somewhere stationary most of the time and something that I can easily walk away from because I will probably have Ab with us. (and when diaper time comes I will need a minute or 2)

NO SLAVE OUTFIT!!!!! WHATEVER WILL I WEAR NOW????? :(

I believe we have 2 extra costumes if that'll help Zero - Let us know.

14. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I believe I have Friday off- but I'm not sure if the parents will go for that evening, as the SAT's are the next morning.
    After the SAT's on Saturday, though, I'm free as a bird. We just have to talk to my parents, but I'm sure I'd be allowed to do something, as it's pretty local to us.

15. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    *using force power* you will not come to the premier on Friday - you will stay home, study, relax prepare for tests - you will raise your score by at least 10 points :D

16. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Study??? How do you study for the SAT's?? But yes, I will most likely stay home that night.
    Saturday- is another story entirely. :)

17. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings.

You're right, Saberpilot. It's very much impossible to study for the SATs. I suggest you go watch the movie Friday night. You'll have more fun.

And if you botch the SATs, you can always take them again, right? Problem solved!

The Voice of Wisdom,
    Yours Truly

18. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Dang I wish I can help with all. Nobody would mess with a Jedi, especially a Jedi my size. So we can't touch people huh? What about using force pushes and mind tricks?

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Waiving hand at someone in line:
    "You want to buy popcorn for the volunteers".....

That person:
    "I wan't to but popcorn for the volunteers"

20. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    oooo! help would be fun!..but I don't get ot of school till 4 in friday and on sat i am having a halloween party....and i'd have to ask my neighbor....she'd the only one (besides my cuz who will be out of town) who aggreed to go w/ me!

21. ZeroCool69

Feb 22, 2002
    Extra costumes?!?!?! Extra costumes you say Mrs. 1966!?!? That would be great. Wow, you and Mr. 1966 would be my heros. Any help here would be great.

Edit: You can e-mail me at edge_dx@hotmail.com about it. Just let me know what you've got or anythng you can help me with.

22. Big_Daddy_Payne

Big_Daddy_Payne Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    The 1966's are generally the heroes of everyone around here. They seem to just come through for all of us.

*looks to the 66's and makes big kiddie eyes*

"Are you angels?"

23. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    since he always wants the smack Jake Loyd for that can I smack him now?

Um probably free both days just need da ride down.

24. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I have to work most of the day on Friday (so I won't be able to help out - bummer), but I plan to make it down there for the 6:45 showing later that night in costume as a Jedi. ;)

As for Saturday, I can be there in costume to help out from 2pm up until the 6:45 showing. I'm happy to help with whatever needs done - but don't put me on security duty unless you really really have to - I don't want to yell at anyone! LOL

25. Calmo_Chind

Calmo_Chind Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2002
    I too am going to the Friday showing. I even call off work. hahahah yes... *comes back to sanity* yes i shall be going there as a Jedi as Mara-hari.

Indeed I too shall come from 2pm up until the 6:45 showing on Saturday to aid. Also as a Jedi. Where you put Mara-hari I too shall go. But I think you have grown weak Mara-hari. No security!?! And "Assassin Extraordinaire" haahahah *doubles over in laughter*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.