main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Movie Outings

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Post and discuss here any recommandations for any Movie Outings for the whole FanForce.

Here's the Movies for possible outings:

X-Men 2: April 30

The Matrix Reloaded: May 15

The Matrix Revolutions: ??

LOTR: Return Of The King: Dec 18 (?)
    (This one will be 2 major outings, done AOTC style :D )

2. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    nice ... but isnt The Matrix Revolutions comming out next year?

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I think Revolutions[/b] will be out end of this year..not sure though. I definitely won't be available on April 30th, but May 15th is possible, provided can get tickets ;)

4. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    why not just book in advance??

5. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
  6. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    I am so in to the outings. LoTR is gonna be a blast ! :)

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Damn...then I can't make it for May 16th too :(. Guess have to watch it on weekends only.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Actually, since X-Men 2 and The Matrix falls on the busy time of the year (aka school just reopen so lots to study and catch up in time for the holidays), I think it's better to push the Movie Outing to the Weekends, probably Sat afternoon.

LOTR:ROTK will be on the day it is released in Singapore cause it's the school holiday (and we gonna do it AOTC style; 2 screenings and a costume parade).

So who're interested in seeing them (the first 2) together since the date of release is not too far away? ;)

I put my vote for both! :D

9. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
  10. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi everyone,

I know I've been quiet for awhile, been busy with work.
    The place I work at is near 3 Sec Schools, so I've been super-busy since school reopened!
    Anyways, just wanted to say hi to everyone and tell you all I really miss you guys!

As for these movie outings, I am really looking forward to watching MATRIX RELOADED with everyone else here...

...the only thing is, the date has to be confirmed WAY IN ADVANCE, 'cos I can't just take leave from work anytime I like, since there is a duty roster I have to follow, and the roster is planned ONE WEEK in advance!!

So if we're watching MATRIX RELOADED on 16 May, then I'll have to know by 8 May.
    And even if we are going to watch it on 17 May (which is a Saturday), I'll still have know by 8 May... capice??

So Darth_Eagle, please let me know the exact date for the MATRIX RELOADED outing by 8 May, so that I can plan my leave accordingly.

I'd really love to join you guys for this one!! :)

11. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, just checked out the various cinema websites, so as of 25 Apr at 11.30am, here are the cinema websites which have advance bookings for MATRIX RELOADED.....

- Shaw (Lido, Bugis)
    - Eng Wah (Suntec)
    - GV (Gold Class, Plaza, Grand, Marina)

So far, these shows are already SOLD OUT.....

Shaw Lido
    16 May: 6.30pm, 6.45pm, 7.00pm, 9.30pm.

GV Gold Class
    16 May: 9.00pm
    17 May: 3.00pm

And the shows which are SELLING FAST include.....

Shaw Lido
    16 May: 9.15pm, 9.45pm.

Here's a thought though, 16 May is the 1st Anniversary of the official release of AOTC in Singapore, as well as the 1st Anniversary of our FIRST EVER costume parade, so does anyone wanna relive the costume parade, followed by a viewing of MATRIX RELOADED??

I know it would be kinda nutz for us to be watching it in SW costumes, but hey it would still be a blast, and we might even make the news 'cos of it, right?? hehheh! :p
    More publicity for FFSG, whoo-hoo!! :D

Anyways, let me know what you all think of this idea...

Also, when would you all would prefer to watch MATRIX RELOADED... on 16 May OR 17 May?

Once we decide on "when", I can take care of "where" and the exact timing for the show, as well as book advance tickets for everyone.

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    What is the opinion of those who're schooling on the date and time to watch Matrix Reloaded?

For the X-Men 2, think better to make it to the following Sat or the Sat after that week. Afternoon show?

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Ergh. The Shaw website's summary of Reloaded is so inaccurate and laden with grammar/ punctuation/ spellling problems that it's painful.

He gains the aid of Morpheus's girl friend - Jada Pinket Smith and others from Zion to hack the robots main CPU and get rid of the Virii all while fending off the robot hordes.

Morpheus' former lover is Niobe and it's not hacking into the robots' main CPU.

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

May 16! Must watch on opening day! :p

I have class till 6.30pm so I'll only be able to make it for the 9pm+ shows.

Three of my friends and I have been discussing watching Reloaded together on May 16. I'd like to watch with you guys too but parental authority doesn't much like the idea of me watching it twice in two days. So JediJean would you mind getting extra tix for them, and we all watch it together on May 16 (if everyone else wants that date)? I'm checking with them as well; will confirm.

As for X-Men 2, although it's a show I'd like to watch, I'm not as crazy over it as Reloaded ( :p) so I might not watch it together with you all. School's interference.

14. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Sob can't make it on May 16th..why couldn't they open it on the 15th? Argh.. :(

15. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Just FYI.....
    Hmmm, I wonder if the IMAX version will show here or not??
    It would be pretty cool to see Neo, Trinity and Morpheus on that SUPER-BIG screen, if you ask me - haha! :p

25 Apr 2003
    NY Post

IMAX-imum Appeal for New 'Matrix' Film

It's not just for whales and seals anymore.

IMAX, known to most moviegoers for its larger-than-life nature films, is trying to go Hollywood.

And its first step is the release of the two new "Matrix" sequels on the IMAX format this year - with moviegoers able to choose from either regular-screen or IMAX versions when "The Matrix Revolutions" is released on Nov. 5.

The news sent the stock up 15 percent during mid-day, to close at $6.70, up 64 cents or 10.6 percent.

IMAX has been struggling to get theater owners to install its expensive system. But owners complain that films about Mount Everest don't bring in the same number of ticket buyers as a first-run film.

So IMAX developed the technology to remaster 35mm films to its 70mm format for just $2 million to $4 million, according to Kavir Dhar, an analyst with Jeffries & Co. in Los Angeles.

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Cool! :) It's now possible cause we do have an IMAX Cinema in Singapore (Great World City there rite? :D ).

Anyhow, I sense the distributor of The Matrix will see first what's the response like for The Matrix Reloaded before they decide wherther to bring in The Matrix Revolution in IMAX at the end of this year.

17. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Umm DE, I went to the IMAX on December and ask when AOTC will be out and the gave this reply : " The Attack Of The Clones will come out in March ". I just when there recently and they told me haven't come out yet... DE, can you reply to the PM that I sent you ?

18. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Er, could we quickly make a decision before all the better seats are taken up? :)

I suggest GV Plaza, 8.00pm. It's in Orchard where the atmosphere should be ( :p), and there'll enough time to grab dinner without ending too late.

19. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    The 8.00pm show at GV Plaza, eh?
    Sounds good to me! :)

But which day?
    16 May 2003 or 17 May 2003?

And what do the rest of you think of watching the 8.00pm show at GV Plaza?
    Would you prefer 16 May or 17 May, if we watch this 8.00pm show?

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    At the Website, there seems to be lots of tickets left for the 8pm show on May 16th, GV Plaza. So is the 6.30pm, 7pm (is that online booking system working? There seems to be too many empty seats ?[face_plain] ). Personally, I'll prefer the 7pm one cause the movie is 140 minutes.

EW Suntec, the best time is 6.30pm but can't tell which seats are really available. ?[face_plain] (The seats taken seems to be the same for all shows)

21. DarthClare

DarthClare Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2001
    <-- Using this sock 'coz I'm not at home and can't remember my password.

Ah. Made a mistake. GV Plaza is Plaza Sing (right?) which is not quite in Orchard. :p

Kriff. DE you're right... I tried to submit some selection of seats and got this message:

The seats you have chosen are no longer available. Please choose another seat

:_|

So someone might have to go down and book the tix.

(HURRY! :p)

EDIT: I checked again. It should be working. I think I got that message because while I was selecting seats some of the seats I selected were being booked. Yay. :p Rows J and K are mostly available, I think.

22. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Practically, any show is fine for me. Just dun wana miss out the action.

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    16 May, definitely. :D

The GV website booking system seems to be working, at least from selecting seats to the enter-your-credit-card-details page. But the available and taken seats seem to keep changing between two layouts of available/taken seats. ?[face_plain]

I'd prefer a show later than 7pm because I have a class on Friday that ends at 6.30pm and sometimes a little later. But if you guys want to watch an earlier show then go ahead, I can watch a later one with my classmates. :)

btw...where's GV Grand?

24. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    so its confirmed it'll be on the 16th?

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Then, we stick to the initial plan of 8pm at GV Plaza then. ;)

GV Grand is at Great World City (somewhere away from Orchard Road but not that far).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.