main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG FanForce Movie Outings

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Permission pending. :p

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, this may seems a bit early but we need members from here to keep a lookout for when the next 2 major movies (The Matrix Revolution & ROTK) will be released in Singapore and the tickets get sold.

From the way the previous 2 were released, I think there gonna be a Sneak Previews for the next 2 on the evening of the actual day they get released in US (actual release date for Sg is probably the next day). So if you or friends or parents got any connections with any of the cinemas/local distributors etc, please try to pull some string, get us the dates and timings so that we'll be the first to watch it. ;)

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Is anyone going for the TPM and AOTC screenings at Fort Canning Park on friday? I'm thinking of going, so was wondering if any of you are interested.. :)

4. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Alrighty, so who's joining us for the Starlight Cinema screenings of TPM & AOTC at Fort Canning on 13 Jun at 8.00pm??

So far, the list of ppl who are interested reads:
    - Jazz (Confirmed)
    - JediJean (Confirmed)
    - Mark aka JediJean's cousin (??)
    - Xeno (??)
    - Yazid (??)
    - Clare (??)
    - Faiz (??)
    - Delight (??)

Can the people above pls confirm with me, so that I know who's going and who's not, as well as how many ppl will be meeting us there?
    So is anyone else interested in joining in??
    I'll be off on that day, so I'll be joining you guys for this screening... :D

I'm also gonna be doing some asking around tonite to see if anyone else might wanna join us, so I'll be posting an update on this REAL SOON!! :)

5. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Pls note that since this is an outdoor thing, we won't have any problems with getting "seats" together.

Also, you can join us and leave to go home at any time, whether it's just to catch TPM, or AOTC, or both movies back to back - whoohoo!! :p

Just make sure that you have my HP number if you're gonna be there at a later time, so that we can meet up :)

Everyone is welcome to join us that nite, but pls bring along your own snacks and drinks, 'cos it's gonna be a "potluck" style picnic.

...erm, just one thing though, who's bringing the picnic mat/blanket for us to sit on?
    Can anybody help out with this??

6. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    My mom says that only if its a Big event then I can go, not really big yet...

7. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Sorry guyz. I juz realized that 13 june is a Friday. I got tuition at 8. I can't go so those who are going have fun ok. ;)

8. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I have something on this Friday, so I won't be able to go. Whoever's going, enjoy yourselves :)

9. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Not going... I going out for a dinner. Sorry guys, have fun. Maybe I can lend you my picnic mats if you need.

10. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Stella Artois Starlight Cinema
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

Meeting Time: 7.30pm
    Meeting Place: McDonald's at YMCA Orchard

The first movie will begin at 8.00pm.
    Ticket Prices: $13 per nite
    If you intend to get tickets on your own, they are available online or at any TicketCharge outlets.

The list now reads:
    - Jazz (Confirmed)
    - JediJean (Confirmed)
    - Faiz (Confirmed - 3 people)
    - Lukedecop (??)

Anyone is welcome to join us at anytime, but if you haven't confirmed with me or Jazz, then you will have to buy your own tickets and meet us there on that day itself.

For further details on how to spot us on that day, if you're joining us later, pls make sure that you have my HP number, so that we can arrange to meet up on that day.

Pls bring along your own snacks and drinks, unless you intend to buy the stuff provided by the Starlight Cinema organisers.

Lightsabers and blasters would be welcomed too :)

JediJean shall bring along a picnic basket and a picnic mat (if she can find one!), as well as a blaster, so that we'll all be "well-protected"... LOL! :p

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    For those going, enjoy yourselves! :) Show that SW Spirit is still alive and kicking in Singapore. ;)

I'll probably be in KL shopping or pretending to be Neo in the Hotel Lobby at that time. [face_laugh]

Ps: Do me a big favor and please screem "Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!" when Maul get cut into half. :D

12. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll bring along some food and my trusty camera to take some photos! :)

13. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Oh yeah... Sumone, do me a favor by shouting out Yes !!! when Obi Wan cuts maul away ! heeheehee...

14. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    hi guys!

jus a word of advice for those going to the screening tomorrow, these events tend to be rather popular and from past experiences, goin there half an hour prior is gonna make u end up way at the back. as it is, the screen quality isnt that good and the sound would be barely audible from that far...
    have fun! :)

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, I remembered back in Feb they also had something similar to it. It was around 6.30-7pm and people had already started filling up the space.

Enjoy yourselves tomolo! :)

16. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hey Darth_Syn,

Thanks for letting us know about that!
    Hmmm... in that case, we'd better meet earlier then!!

So pls note the change in the Meeting Time below.....

Meeting Time: 6.00pm NEW!!
    If you intend to get tickets on your own, they are available online or at any TicketCharge outlets.

The list now reads:
    - Jazz (Confirmed)
    - JediJean (Confirmed)
    - Faiz (Confirmed - 3 people)
    - Lukedecop (??)

Anyone is welcome to join us at anytime, but if you haven't confirmed with me or Jazz, then you will have to buy your own tickets and meet us there on that day itself.

For further details on how to spot us on that day, if you're joining us later, pls make sure that you have my HP number, so that we can arrange to meet up on that day.

Pls bring along your own snacks and drinks, unless you intend to buy the stuff provided by the Starlight Cinema organisers.

JediJean shall bring along a picnic basket and a picnic mat (if she can find one!), as well as a blaster, so that we'll all be "well-protected"... LOL! :p

I'll also bring along some extra stuff to keep us entertained till the movies begin at 8.00pm :D

The Star Wars spirit lives on!!!
    Whoo-hoo!! :p

17. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey guyz do me a favour. Please cry out " GO MRS YAZID" (in an enthusiastic manner) When Natalie Portman first makes an appearence.
    ;)

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
  19. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OMG too! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

...erm, Natalie Portman must have lots of "hubbies" then - LOL!! :p :p :p

20. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002

Meeting Time: 6.00pm

The updated list now reads:
    - Jazz (Confirmed)
    - JediJean (Confirmed)
    - Faiz (Confirmed - 5 people)
    - DLeung (Will confirm with JediJean soon!)

JediJean shall bring along a picnic basket and a picnic mat (YES!!! I found one!!), as well as a blaster, so that we'll all be "well-protected"... LOL! :p

I'll also bring along some extra stuff to keep us entertained till the movies begin at 8.00pm :D

The Star Wars spirit lives on!!!
    Whoo-hoo!! :p

21. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Help me scream "NOOOOOOOO!" when Qui-Gon gets stabbed. Shedding a few tears when he dies would be nice too. [face_mischief] :p

22. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    So how was it guyz..

23. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    It was a lovely night to be outdoors, actually... the air was fresh and cool, there was moonlight and dew on the grass, the trees were nicely lit so they looked like they were glowing, and you could see clouds in the sky. There were snacks, goodie bags, drinks, and I dunno about everyone else, but I had a good time, I thought it was a very relaxing experience, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! :)

BTW, DLeung came along, although he didn't stay till the very end, and he brought along his Master Replicas Count Dooku and Darth Maul Lightsabers with him. And for those of you who already know him, of course, he also brought along his Icon Darth Vader Lightsaber, so it was pretty cool! :p

24. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Who is DLeung ? Old Board Member ? Oh yeah, FYI, I touched and played with a MR Dooku, MR Yoda, MR Obi, MR Vader, MR Maul, HK Qui, HK Obi ( The one my friend brought to the Taka Cosplay ). Thats about it. If you guys wanna have a touch or play, swing, duel, or look at any MR Sabers, go to 5postboy's place. ( He is a very Reputable RPF member ) Not Boasting over here... Juz wanna let you guys know where to play Ultimate Replica's. :D

25. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Xeno,

DLeung is an old pal of mine, he's 5 years older than me and I've known him for about twice as long as that.

He attended the 11 May 2002 AOTC Charity Gala Premiere (in costume), and he was also there for the 16 May 2002 Costume Parade and Official Screening (in costume again), as well as the June 2002 Taka costume contest.

He's not always able to join us due to his busy work schedule, and as such, the Starlight screening was one of those "rare" times when he was able to make it :)

We have a number of members who are busy with work and/or family, and they're not always able to join us, but they are still a part of our group, and I usually keep in touch with them to let them know of what we're doing, so that if they're able to join us, they can always feel free to do so :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.