fanforce.nathair.com

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by teneniel_djo, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    otay....i updated it again today with a white background and black text.... the banner is just temporary until we have our vote as well as the lay-out and all the images, but i figured i might as well get -something- up there until we can figure out what we want to do. any comments or suggestions?
  2. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Looks good --where did you get the fonts? I love them!

I'm a huge proponent of KISS --keep it simple stupid design. Lots of white is good, and don't make it tooooooo graphics intensive. Some of us only get on at 26K. :( Professional, simple, and leave a very big link to these forums here. Maybe some brief history of the RMFF, pics, bios, etc.

I'll try to post some links to other City Sites, but good ones to find are NYC and Indianapolis.

Keep up the good work!!!
  3. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    i actually have several sw-related fonts. :) that particular one is called distant galaxy.
  4. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Could you send me them? How would one get the fonts? :D
  5. Faceplant Jedi Knight

star 2
  6. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Thanks!

I got the last of the dirt out yesterday. Now I'm waiting for the pictures. ;)
  7. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    page has been updated again...i made a new banner and flipped the frames around. any and all suggestions gladly accepted.

fanforce.nathair.com

i'm also thinking of putting the tfn latest headlines box somewhere on the page....what do you all think?
  8. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  9. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    You just need to change the intro to reflect the change in location of the navigation links.

But it looks fantastic!

-Jennifer
  10. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
  11. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    i notified fanforce.net of our web page. hopefully they'll add the link soon.
  12. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    i still haven't heard from fan force about adding a link to our page. i don't think they like me very much. ow, can you let them know that we now have a web page? i hope they listen to you.
  13. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    oooookay. i just spent most of the morning configuring the web site, so that people can now long into a hidden url to make updates to the news and updates section. if you'd like a password to this area and instructions on how to use, just send me the password you want via pm and i'll add you to the author list. i also finished the calendars for 2002 and added the birthdays of those people who sent their birthdays to me. again, if you'd prefer to not have your birthday listed, or if you want to have your birthday listed and it's not up there yet, send me a pm and i'll update it accordingly.

and once again.....any suggestions? let me know.
  14. SilverDragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Suggestion: Lose the frame. Use tables instead. That way you can have a cool banner and still view the rest of the site on a full screen.

I like the Calendar, but maybe add more things in there even if they're not major SW events (like holidays, etc.)

Do any of the members have personal websites? Because if they do, that would be a great thing to add to the links page. Also, it would be cool to have a member list and maybe each person who wanted to could submit a personal profile.

Just a few ideas, listen or ignore them, either is cool with me :).
  15. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    i thought about getting rid of the frame, but rather then having to load the banner each time someone wants to go to a different page, i decided to keep it this way. and i haven't added any holidays to the calendar due to religious differences and the fact that they don't really pertain to our group. member pages is a good idea, but i'm not sure how we would qualify someone as a member. i was going to add a member page with links to each person's tfn page if they don't have an hp that they want to share.
  16. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, what makes you a member?

As for frames, I believe that it is a personal prefrence. Some people hate them, others love them. It also depends on if they go with the page well. I've run into sites where the links are all screwy, so some will open a new window others won't and when you go to a page off that site you could still be stuck in the frames. :p
  17. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    In my book, a member is anyone who participates on our boards. We've all worked together on the boards to make this thing happen, irregardless of our physical participation. Ideas are just as important as actions in this kind of joint venture.

Just my opinion,

-Jennifer
  18. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    What Jen said. All it takes is board participation, but showing up once in a while would help.

Take JGOC for example --she's never made it up to Denver for a meeting yet, but she's still one of us.

And we're not big nough to need initiation rights. Yet ;)
  19. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    As Yoda as my whitness I shall make it up their someday!!! *shakes fist at sky, doing fair scarlet o'hara impression*

:D
  20. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    updated page with march meeting info and kit's promotion. :D
  21. kitarusapien Former RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    OOooo....tank you. Tank you very much!
  22. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
    you're veddy, veddy velcome. :)
  23. SilverDragon Jedi Knight

star 2
    yeah, and put my b-day on the calendar! (since everyone already knows now)

it's the 23rd tho, not the 24th.
  24. teneniel_djo Jedi Knight

star 2
  25. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Mine's in April! On the 6th... That's the day I become legal! (Time to see if I can get a job as a dancer ;) )
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.