main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Fanforce New Zealand Lounge Bar

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I'm so hungover, OMG.

I was in some irish bar on Ponsonby - Pog Mahonies - i think and i saw a couple of nice promo chicks... one was a girl i went to high school and played waterpolo with. They were selling baby irish twister shots, $5 each. I got 4 for $5 :) That plus several shots I bought, and beers, Wiskey 'n' dry's. oh man.

Anyone else find beers watered-down and expensive last night??? Goddamn, tasted like burnt water :( Hence my sly towards Whiskey 'n' Drys :)

2. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    returned home yesterday from a weekend in Queenstown for my brothers Stag do.
    started midday Saturday at Lumsden hotel - his first task was to hitchhike to Queenstown stopping at each pub on the way. He was dressed as a schoolgirl holding a blowup sheep :)
    other tasks included going to McDonalds and asking for Ronald, Singing Advance Australia Fair on the waterfront, drinking a shot from a chicks bellybutton. best moment - meeting up with a hens party - the bride to be also dressed like a schoolgirl :p

went to Pog Mahones in Q-town, as well as a club called 'World' counless crazy Irish tourists - good times :)

3. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  4. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    *sigh*

Yet another bronze medal for New Zealand.
    Yet I think that the squash bronze was good considering it was againts the world number one.

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Why the heck are you disappointed with Bronze?

I'm so sick of people slagging off our athletes for not getting Gold and Silver al the time.

Look at the size of us.

Look at the incredible LACK of funding our sports men and women have (Sarah Ulmer and Hamish Carter have to advertise McDonalds for christ sake!)

Any placing in the top 10 is great, anything better is outstanding.

GRRR, my little 'lack of sleep due to 14 hour work day/night' rant.

6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    What's with all the 4th places though, that has been the biggest diappoitnment for me.

Stoked that my 'friend' Andrea Hewitt won bronze in the Triathlon! :)

7. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I want 3 tequilas, 5 slippery nipples, 3 jagermeisters, a CC 'n' Dry and a bottle of port (the cheap horrible stuff)

Girls are ******* stupid. That is all, I'll be in the corner. :p

8. Star_Rocker

Jan 16, 2006
    OMG who saw the Basketball game with NZ vs Aus???
    It was soooo close.

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCd4CQYGGO0&search=storm%20trooper

Cen, I didn't know you were on the internet!

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    haahhahaha... no.

11. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Hmm. I should post here more often, I'm so out of touch.

12. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Yes, you should. How are ya mate?

bought Bernard Fanning's cd Tea & Sympathy - not a bad listen first off :)

13. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    Me? All good. Bought a house, started a new job in bank, band touring Wellie in late April, busy busy busy.

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Where's the house at and more importantly when is the house warming or why weren't we all invited? :p

15. Kai_Halicon

Jun 12, 2002
    North Shore still.

Had a small shindig, but nothing major. I already pissed my neighbours off enough by cranking my guitar amp the first night I was there. I could apparently be heard in the next suburb, wailing away with some AC/DC covers....

16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  17. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    The other week, I realized my DVD collection had grown to the point where I was running out of room for them, so I decided to trademe some old video tapes that were blocking up the place. I figured it would be good to pass on my old Star Wars VHS copies to a good home, because I know not everyone can afford to buy DVDs for their kids, and maybe they'd find their way to a new Star Wars fan.

But they actually found their way to someone who appears to deal solely in video tapes ... they bought them, then immediately put them up for resale at twice the price I sold them for. It's kind of amusing because the new auction says they're in great condition, which they aren't, and also that it's a 'real collector's edition', which it isn't ... they must have sold thousands of that 97 box set in the Darth Vader case. I'll be kinda annoyed if someone buys them at the inflated price, believing them to be in good condition, but then I guess that's the risk you take with trademe ...

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    What a pratt, you should notify trademe of it. I dobbed in someone's auction the other week. A guy was selling a crossbow and a potential buyer was asking if it's good for shooting birds and the seller was saying stuff like he's tried to shoot kingfishers up coromandel. Just encouraging this buyer to probably go out and ty and hit that easy-target wood-pigeon or tui.

19. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    :eek:

I hope whoever that was trying to buy it doesn't live around me ...

20. Star_Rocker

Jan 16, 2006
    I have to though that most of the people on trademe are "good" people.
    All my dealing have gone soothly accept for my latest one. Which is wierd because we picked it up and the guys said to place feedback - as you do. So we place feedback and then...nothing.

Once I saw this auction for an air guitar. lol
    That got closed pretty quick.

21. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Which is wierd because we picked it up and the guys said to place feedback - as you do. So we place feedback and then...nothing.

What were you expecting? A Christmas card? I don't understand. You picked up the product and placed feedback... nothing else happens. Am I missing something? :p

Time machines, Air Guitars, Dolphins, all sorts get put up for comedic purposes. It's all in good fun.

22. Star_Rocker

Jan 16, 2006
    Oh as in I didn't recieve feedback.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    You're allowed to edit your feedback on someone once. So go back to them and either change it from positive to neutral or even negative - gets the point across. Or the more diplomatic and civil way woulod be to email the seller again and say "how about placing positive feedback on me please?"

Simple enough.

24. Star_Rocker

Jan 16, 2006
    I've e-mailed him..but nothing. Oh well it's not like a negative for me anyway.
    Trademe is great...The best thing since...ummm Search NZ...Yeah like who uses that.

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Rolling Stones tonight were awesome! :)

Chan, fried rice = it's glorious. Cooked it twice in the last few days. So moreish and my chef mate tasted some cold from the fridge and he was just: "ooh! Ohhhhhh, that's good!"

//high five//

He was like, you really did that yourself, tell me how. lol Told him the general gist of it on the walk to the stones concert, he was impressed. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.