main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce on the Fanstage (need pictures ASAP)

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by Obi Anne , Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It seems as if FanForce is going to get a chance to present itself on the fanstage, a kind of "meet FanForce" presentation. I'm the one responsible for making this presentation, and I need your help.

I have a general outline made, but I would like to hear from you what you would like to tell the world about fanforce, and why you think people should join. If you have short stories about FF events and photos that you would allow me to use you can post them here as well.

Also as I said I'm responsible, but I think it would be good to have one or two other people up on the stage with me, it's boring to just hear the same person talk all the time. If you would be interested in doing this with me, please contact me via PM. If you want to be a presenter I would like you to be active both on the boards and in your local FF chapter, I definitely think it would be nice to have at least one person from FFUK present who can answer questions on what's happening within the UK. The presentation will of course be held in English.

2. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Oh, I'd say we need as many pictures of people in front of famous landmarks all over Europe (or the world) showing the FF as a real global community. And put real emphasize on that, the community bit, having fun with fellow SW-fans.

I'll try to dig up some pics of the dutch FF meetings. :p And use the C4 pics, pod party FTW!

3. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think we still need to keep it family friendly though. ;)

4. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    okay, let me rephrase that:

And use the C4 pics, Disney pics FTW!

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Sounds great, but I will probably be too scared to go up on stage :p
    I'll try and think of some material you might like to use for the presentation, but hopefully there are a few FF-UK members that will be willing to appear on stage. That jamierichards ain't shy, and I think Tim Bolton may be up for it!
    Is there any indication as to hwat day the fan presentations will take place??

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    They'll probably think it's Euro Disney and be less impressed. We'll have to see if we can find something that looks like California, like that fake Golden Gate Bridge that was in California Adventure. :p

I'm never afraid to get on stage, but I'm not sure I'd have anything to contribute, really, other than my beautiful C4 photos. :p

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    The time slots are as of now set for 11-12 on Friday, and then one on Sunday, that I can't remember right now but I think it was about the same time, or maybe an hour later.

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Is there anyone who would be willing to lend out their laptop for the presentations? I'm working on a powerpoint presentation, but don't have a laptop myself.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd be happy to lend you mine. I'll have mine with me anyways so it won't be a problem. Just let me know when are where to meet up so I can give it you. :)

10. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    I don't think images of the FF-Europe crowd at American attractions is the best local sell!

Should try do images of known European attractions with folk at them - there's a good picture of some of the FF:UK North chapter at the Angel of the North for example.

Halibut could bring a Penguin on stage with him too! :D

11. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Feel free to use any of the photos from the London meets. The photo page can be found here:
    FF-UK:L Meet photos

12. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ven makes a very good point. UK and European-based pictures only, especially any taken place at any well-known and recognisable sites/attractions.

13. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Brandenburger Gate, Eiffel Tower, whatever's famous in Stockholm, etc. FTW!

14. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Dutch FF in a coffeeshop and red light district!

No wait.... :oops:

15. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    well, I'm sure it would help attract people :p

oh yeah, I've never been to Amsterdam (never farther than Venlo, in fact), so ... EFFM09 in Amsterdam, savvy?
    (assuming 08's is still in Hong Kong [face_laugh])

16. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Venlo is like a German city anyways. :p

European FF meeting 2009 in Amsterdam? why not? :cool:

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey, that'd get me attracted ;) This is Celebration Europe afterall ;)

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    D'oh. Good point. Yeah, probably skip the C4 pictures. Besides, going to a con to show pictures of another con is rather lame, I suppose. :p

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Btw, does anyone have pics from the Paris EFFM meet? I have them for Stockholm and Berlin, but no previous ones.

20. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    we got some video footage of me proposing to the missus at star tours in florida...
    ...which,again,is not in europe.
    err...

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I think it would be really nice if there were more pictures of different FF events, and if someone has a nice group pic from the EFFM in Berlin I would be very grateful. I seem to only have small groups of people, and no really recognisable landmarks on my pics.

22. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Use the Disneyland pic (us in front of the castle) from C4. Most people will believe us when we say it's from Eurodisney anyways.

23. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    Stockholm is the only one I've got pics of, too. I don't even have any from Berlin, really, let alone Paris - though I know there is a good group shot, because I used it in a little video I made back then. Don't think I have it, though...

24. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    There are quite a lot of FF-UK meet photos in my account here - http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/ and also on this one - http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m262/fanforceuk/

I also have larger versions stored on my computer - will these be of use?

As for being on stage, maybe. I think it would be great if the CRs and RSAs of Europe/UK could all be there for support. I am not an official representative in any capacity for FF-UK any more, no title or position. I just keep active in helping push the FF-UK further. Though I guess I have been as active as can be in keeping regional stuff going. I am just better in small groups and one on one circumstances, I am not at my best as a performer. Give me a few days to think about it.

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Thanks for the photos Tim, and it would be really great to have you on stage since you have taken part in so much with the FFUK. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.