main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Portugal: Banner & Color scheme.

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by WhiteHorse, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nin

Nin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Skywalker Ranch? :p

bem, vou voltar à carga...

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    A bandeira e o esquema são acima agora. Se houver todas as mudanças que necessitarem cuidado tomado de apenas pedem.

or

The banner and scheme are up now. If there are any changes that need taken care of just ask.

3. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Thanks! :D

4. WildSyco

WildSyco Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    great stuff!

5. Aragornllum

Aragornllum Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Está um Espectáculo!!!!!!

6. Nin

Nin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Many thanks Rox. :)

7. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    Só um pequeno reparo... acabei de me aperceber que as barras mais escuras de quando acabámos de escrever um post não permitem uma leitura boa do título que nelas se encontra assim como a do tópico, caso se esteja já dentro do thread... o_O

Pode ser da brightness do meu monitor, mas... ^^;

8. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Thank you, Rox.

O esquema realmente está muito bom! :D

Edit: Percebo o que dizes, Mara, no meu computador acontece a mesma coisa. Não sei se será possível resolver isso sem se dar a volta toda á programação, mas tambem não é algo extremamente importante.. Acho eu. :)

9. AlmaMavisTaraza

AlmaMavisTaraza Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2002
    thanks rox :D
    ooohhh. gosto das cores. muito relaxantes. soothing ^^

Fellow Evil Doer: fica razoavelmente legivel aqui...vou experimentar num CRT :D

babelfish is evil :p

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yes babel fish is evil. Did that translate ok? If not did it atleast translate to something funny like my cat eat my pants while driving my car?

11. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Obrigado a quem gostou.
    Qt ao inicio da pagina a q a darkwoman e a anya se queixaram n conseguir ler, provavelmente têem a imagem mto escura.
    Mas pode-se fazer um ajuste e meter essa parte com as letras em branco. Para haver um maior contraste de cores, e tornar a leitura mais facil para quem tiver o monitor demasiado escuro.
    Querem q isso seja feito? Se sim, digam-no para q eu faça o ajuste e passe o ajuste para a nin para ela passar ao rox.

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I really like your new banner and colours!!!!! :D :D :D

13. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm really proud from "hearing" that from you. :D Many work as been putted on making it, glad to know it was worth it. :)
    ;) Many Thanks, Obi Anne.

Rox:
    Just to give you an idea of what you translated into to. I will use your translated sentence and use babelfish again to translate it back to english. See the result for your self. :p

"The flag and the project are above now. If it will have all the changes that to need well-taken care of taken only ask for."

hehehe. Yes, babelfish is evil. :)

14. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    here's my take on the thing [face_mischief]
    "A bandeira e o esquema são acima agora. Se houver todas as mudanças que necessitarem cuidado tomado de apenas pedem"

"the flag and scheme are up/above now. if there are all the changes that you need care/careful taken of just/only ask"

please note that in portuguese there is a difference between being something, like happy, tall, yellow, or rich, (english - verb to be, portuguese - verb ser) and being somewhere, like on the floor, on the bed, here, there, or in London (english - verb to be, portuguese - verb estar)
    yes, we're THAT weird :D
    here's an example:
    the cat is yellow.
    o gato é amarelo.
    the cat is on the floor.
    o gato está no chão.
    and to make it even more confusing, sometimes the "is-somewhere" verb can be used to say something is..well, something. using an adjective :D
    like for example, i could say
    o gato está amarelo
    if the cat's usual color isn't yellow, that would be correctly interpreted as a remark that the cat is in an unusual state. so our dear friend the verb estar, doesn't just denote a position, but a state :D
    i'll shut up now :D
    oh yeah, babelfish thinks the flag and scheme are the embodiment of "up" instead of being up :)

while i'm at it, here's a cool program that takes a sentence and a language you choose, and uses babelfish to translate it to that language and back, until the sentence no longer changes. great fun :)
    http://mrfeinberg.com/babelizer/
    and it's free! (no, i didn't write it :p )
    it's for Mac OS X only though... :(
    *sneaks back to her hole in the wall*

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I should have just done it myself. I took 3 years of Spanish in high school. I should be able to construct a few simple sentences.

16. Nin

Nin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    Ok, quanto ao defeito na cor...a reparação é mesmo necessária ou sobrevive-se sem ela?
    Se for, white, se pudesses fazer o favor de me passar a alteração para eu pedir para actualizarem a color scheeme.

Well, I had french for 3 years and it all comes down to this:
    "je ne parle pas français"
    and
    "la poulet"

17. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    Update to that part of the color scheme has been sent on pm to the cr.
    The update will turn the letters white, so that all can read them.

* White Horse bows.. and leaves.

18. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    oohhh french! i had it for 5 years :D
    j'aime les croissants! [face_blush]
    mon français etait bon mais depuis que je ne le etudie pas, je m'est oublié de presque tout! :p
    je lis des mangas en francais de temps a temps, mais ça n'est pas suffisant!
    maintenant je veux aprendre le aleman et le japonais :D
    and i'll stop insulting french speakers around the world with my very rusty french skills now :D

(i loooove languages [face_love])

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Il y a un café prés d'ici?

Well there you have my knowledge of French. :D

Actually I use to get the sense of a text when reading a Roman-language text, thanks to two years each of French, Latin and Italian.

20. AlmaMavisTaraza

Aug 29, 2002
    oh, i'd love to know latin! then i could freak people out SO much easier! :D
    *grins*
    [face_devil]

21. WhiteHorse

Apr 3, 2002
    I also had/have a desire to learn Japanese, Russian, and now Latin. (I think they are exotic, and not to many portuguese can speak them. So that would help me make more unique, and i like to be unique. :p )

Other languages i wold like to know is Italian (due to some friends i have).

Never been attracted by German.

French, i only had 2 years more than a decade ago. However, my spoken french gets some practice from time to time, when i go to France on vacations to be with some familly of mine, or when my french family comes to Portugal. Despite my written french is very very very bad, I think i could be in france for a few months and pick up the language real well since i already have the basics. :)

About Latin, well let's say i will buy a very big latin/portuguese/latin dictionary has soon has i have the ?uros. :)

22. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
    My french sucks *so* much! [face_blush]

I'd like to know japanese! :D Latin would be cool too but really not my thing... :p It's dead, leave him be! :p

23. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Don't pick on dead languages!!!! (says the person who's just finished a semester of Old Irish)

24. DarkWoman

Jan 31, 2002
  25. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    this banner is really cool.Well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.