main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****FanForce Portugal Travels the World****

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by Darth_En_Ghedi, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hello FanForcers.

Once upon a time there was a group of people who decided that the world was too small and decided to take fragile wooden caravelles to discover new worlds. They were conquerors, embassators and also pionneers.
    These were the Portuguese explorers, 500 years ago.

Now the Portuguese Fan Force wishes to travel the world, but not in caravelles...
    We wish to explore, but not to conquer...
    We are travelling the Fan Force world to meet the worldwide Fan Forces and let ourselves be known.
    But also with a message of friendship and the famous phrase: STAR WARS LIVES FOREVER!

See who we are and what we do at these places:

WEBSITE | FORUM | BLOG

May The Force Be With you

2. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    The name is Joao Pinto (call me john), and I am the CR, Administrator, Webdesigner and Outpost Co-Founder of both the Fan Force Portugal and 501st Lusitanian Outpost.

I am an all time Star Wars Fan, got the VHS as my first piece of madness... now I collect loads of stuff, even though I don't have any more room to have more.

I am a Fan Fiction writer and you can read some of my stories in
    http://fanfictionpt.blogspot.com

You're all welcome in Portugal!

3. Turista_espacial

Turista_espacial Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2007
    Hello, my user name means Space tourist. My name is Joana but I?m also known as Stonezinha (stone for friends).
    I?ve became a real SW fan when I found the Expanded Universe. I love the clone wars stories. My favourite movies are the ROTS and ROTJ. I also like to write and I recently publish my first SW story.
    http://fanfictionpt.blogspot.com
    I hope to become a part of the 501st Lusitanian Outpost very soon.

MTFBWY

4. _lordmaul

_lordmaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2005
    Hello guys! (new topic, huh?)

I'm Nuno CB, _lordmaul ;) I love SW since... well, it's been several years :p I'm FanForce Portugal Co-CR and I'm here to help in everything that's related to SW. May the Force be with you... always!

5. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hello, my name is Vanessa and I've been a Star Wars fan since 2001. I've been part of the Fan Force Portugal since (almost) four years ago.

I've written a few SW fanfics in the past, but actually I don't write anything (about Star Wars) since 2005. Shame on me, I know! :p

May the Force Be With You

:)

6. Jedi_Fatality

Jedi_Fatality Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2007
    Hi, my name is Gonçalo and I am the Webmaster of the Fan Force Portugal Web Site
    I knew Star Wars when I was a little padawan :p and when I saw SW ROTJ I fell in love immediately with SW.

Since then i've been colecting several stuff like comics,statues,movies and games.

May the Force Be With You

7. Redius_Spid

Redius_Spid Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 16, 2005
    Hello all! My name is Telmo and i'm a SW fan for a few years now, I collect mainly comics and books.:)
    Star Wars is my favourite obsession(I have a few:-B )and it changed my life in a good way and I thank Mr.Lucas for that very much!;)

MTFBWY![face_peace]

8. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    Hello there.
    My name is Diogo, or James in English (like Bond, Hendrix, Hetfield, Kirk, Dean and a few Kings:p), and I'm 18 years old.
    I began posting in TheForce.net boards around October 2005, especially in FFPt, but I love Star Wars since I was a little kid, since my father showed me the OT for the first time, when I was 4 or something. My favourite SW movie is RotS, followed very closely by ESB.
    I only truly discovered the EU in the end of 2004, I think. I have a ever-growing collection of games (e.g. The Best of PC), books (e.g. Shadows of the Empire), comics (e.g. Dark Empire) and other things SW-related (e.g. 200cm Darth Vader poster). I like to read and always learn more about EU, and my favourite piece about this is probably the videogame KotOR.
    As you can see, I'm from Portugal. Although I don't think this is the best place to live (not bad though), it's without a doubt a nice place to visit, so you're all welcome here:D
    See you around the boards, take care!!

9. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    WE NOW MOVING TO TURKEY!

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    pops in

I'm not from Turkey but I saw the post about this and wanted to say "hi" and hope that you'll all stop by Charlotte for a visit. :D

11. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey Turks!

Portugal isn't that far!

How nice to see you! Meet the gang!

Enrich us with your posts!

12. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'm not from Turkey or Portugal, but I just wanted to say hello.

This is a great idea!

13. Darth-Dogg

Darth-Dogg Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2007
    Greetings from Turkey!

I'm Cansu Korkmaz. I'm 16, and I'm a star wars fan since ... well i dont count it, lets say too many years :) I also have a collection about Star Wars. You know, books, comics, magazines, figures, busts, statues, posters or pictures...

I can say, to be a SW fan in Turkey is very hard. You can't find what you want, figures or collectional things. Or when you have an activity about Star Wars, the people look you like they looking a crazy person. Or asking, "Are you a Harry Potter fan, or something?" "Honey, you're so sweet, let me look at your costume, is this the new mickey mouse costume? So sweet!"

Well, that's funny, but that is the truth. To be a Star Wars fan in Turkey, hard and funny. Point of view ;)

Of course, We've our website about Star Wars. www.yildizsavaslari.com (Yildiz Savaslari means Star Wars, in Turkish) We're the "Turkey's Most Popular Star Wars Fan Community" :)And I'm the second Administrator of YildizSavaslari.Com. Take a look at it, will you? :)

14. Darth_Pyross

Darth_Pyross Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    Hey guys! Welcome to the Turkish board :)

I'm Ates (which means Fire in English), I'm 24 and I got deeply involved with Star Wars in 2001.

I'm the co-founder of the Turkish fan community www.yildizsavaslari.com. As Darth Dogg stated, we got a large number of fans in this country but we also have very scarce resources of products and Lucasfilm attention. But let us not depress you with local problems :)

Great to have you guys here :D hope to see all of you in person, one day.

15. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Just make plans to attend Celebration Europe II if it ever happens.

How hot is there these days?

16. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Well, it's like 36-38C but we have wind today :) Yesterday I thought I would not be able to breath. Just can't imagine if we trooped with this weather condition.

Don't know if CEII will ever take place but I am planning to attend the Jedi-Con in Germany.

17. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah, that's the spirit!

Any other turkish star wars fans around?

18. Darth-Dogg

Jun 18, 2007
    We're like "fried chickens"!! :) How about you [face_thinking] Thanks for asking, by the way.

CEII hmm... CE very boored me from pictures of course :) 'Cause nothing diffrent happened, a few celebrities came, talk, a few signed picture and collectional things showed. Now, we're need more fan activities and diffrent never happened things!

19. Darth-Dogg

Jun 18, 2007
    We wrote announcement to our forums, now we're waiting :(

20. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Ah yeah...

But you see Celebrations are usually parties.
    I was somehow disappointed to see that "shopping spree" rather than the old community gathering.
    It was great to meet some other FanForcers though.

Only next time we must prepare our gathering with much more care!

21. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    Hello again.

Your website looks really cool, congratulations. Unfortunately I don't understand a thing, but I can see that you guys talked about KotF and The Force Unleashed and just that is a good thing. And what is that about the Nintendo Wii??

22. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    How about sharing that website?
    Because I don't know what crow was talking about...

23. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    The website is http://www.yildizsavaslari.com , thats where the Turkish fans meet.

The gaming news are about the release date of KOTF (which always changes - BTW I tried it at Tim's home, it was cool, worth to wait), the E3 trailer of Force Unleashed and a possible lightsaber game for Nintendo Wii.

24. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Ah cool!
    Feel free to drop by at our blog, forum and site too, although it's all in Portuguese... lol...

25. The_Crow

Jan 10, 2006
    You know Tim:eek: Does he post here in the JCF??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.