main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****FanForce Portugal Travels the World****

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by Darth_En_Ghedi, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pyross

Darth_Pyross Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    Well, yeah he does but corrently he stays quiet as there are many people who bugs him about KOTF. I told him to come & post Turkish FF but he said he does not want those people to start an argument on this board, so I think he won't post 'till KOTF is released.

2. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    So KOTF is a continuation of Jedi Academy?

3. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Its actually a very, very large modification pack. Its so large that Tim calls it a whole new game. KOTF lets you to play levels from the movies. To be honest, there is much to mention about the features so you better check it out yourself:

http://www.kotf.com

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Is this the new traveling FanForce social thread? Also, are you Portugese not content to have conquered the world once already? :p

5. _lordmaul

_lordmaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2005
    Hello guys. Here in Lisbon, Portugal is also very hot! I can barely stand without a swimming pool or a beach...

Your site is very 'cool', I mean, it really looks cool, the only problem is that I can't read Turkish. But that's ok, because our website is only in Portuguese. Check it out here: http://fanforcept.fgeral.com/

Being a Star Wars fan here in Portugal is also very hard, but I'm afraid to believe that's nothing compared to Turkey... I understand Star Wars is not very well known in your country. Here in Portugal the great majority knows what Star Wars is, although there are few who have seen it and those who like it are even fewer!

My best advice is to trust your feelings and use the Force :p

May the Force be with you all!

6. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    That's us... eager chaps...

And, no, this is our own exclusive moving thread. The objectives are up there in the first thread.
    Nevertheless the idea is the same.
    We can only wish we don't get kicked out of any forum, much like what happened with the early conquerors... :p

TODAY AT MY WORK PLACE: 42ºC... I KID YOU NOT!!!

7. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    No, I think this moving thread is a wonderful idea. Great opportunity to meet new people :)

BTW I had the chance to check your site, it looks cool, especially the "lightsaber" menu on the left is very creative :)

8. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    yeah!

Next stop is to let go of plain html and jump to xml or php... Question is: Who's gonna do it?
    We Star Wars fans are nerds but not geeks... lol...

9. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    I always found it easier to modify html, but php has its own advantages-and disadvantages- too. You gotta find someone who understands well about php coding. To be honest, we have been hacked several times -possibly by some kids- in the last few months.

10. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    word is: Backups!

-------------------

Guys, 40º C here yesterday... Can't keep sweating this much...

11. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Hey Darth En Ghedi, good news! It's cloudy here, they say its gonna rain. Maybe the clouds move towards your country :)

12. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Ah... no luck... but it's less hot today, not even 30ºC...

13. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    BTW there is something that I always wondered. How is Portuguese different from Spanish?

14. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    That's almost offensive... lol... kidding!

Well, Spanish are born in Spain, Portuguese are born in Portugal (obvious bit)

About a thousand years ago, a dude called Afonso Henriques decided to go against him mom and conquered the land he then called "Porto Calem".
    After years fighting the mours the state was finally complete.
    So we conquered land to the spanish, thus parted from them.
    We gain our own language, culture and tradition.
    About 500 years ago, Portugal shared the ENTIRE WORLD with Spain dividing it in comercial and political territories.
    Eventually we lost all colonies to the Brits and dutch. Spain kept a few lands but eventually lost them too.
    At some point in time Portugal was richest country in the world (even spain couldn't reach us)

So, we are very different. Our languages are similar but very different, we share the border but that's all...

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You'd better not invade New York. Or Boston, for that matter. Our country is full of helligans who will sic the French on you or something. :p

16. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    [Palpy's Voice] Are you threathening me, Master Jedi? :p
    It's treason then...

Unlike the early conquerors, we're driven by the Force... :)

17. Darth-Dogg

Darth-Dogg Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2007
    Hehehe! :)

Well then, we're talking about languages, so I can teach you some Turkish words. [:D]

Eng Tr
    Hello - Merhaba
    How are you? - Nasilsin?
    How ya' doin' - Naber abi?
    May the force be with you - Guc Seninle Olsun
    Star Wars - Yildiz Savaslari
    See you! - Gorusuruz!
    Have a nice day - Ýyi günler
    Good night - Ýyi geceler

strange isn't it? Who wants more :D

SW TR
    Padme - Fatma
    Anakin - Ahmet
    Leia - Leyla

:D

18. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    HEY! THAT'S FUNNY!

Here goes Portuguese:

Eng Tr
    Hello - Ola
    How are you? - Como estas?
    How ya' doin' - Same as above
    May the force be with you - Que a Forca esteja contigo
    Star Wars - Guerra das Estrelas
    See you! - Adeus!
    Have a nice day - Tem um bom dia!
    Good night - Boa noite!

Star Wars we don't translate.

But Captain Panaka we should, since in Portuguese (brasilian) "Panaca" is "stupid"... looool

19. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    Hey, what the hell is that :D

20. The_Crow

The_Crow Jedi Master star 4

Jan 10, 2006
    I'm sorry to talk about this again, but this thread is a privileged location for that right now:p: do any of you guys know anything about KotF NEW release date or Tim didn't say anything yet??

21. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey

What are your latest Fan Club activities?

22. Darth-Dogg

Darth-Dogg Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2007
    Of course, we don't translate Star Wars neither. It was a Joke :D But, familar isn't it :p

Tim didn't say anything to us, all we know Tim's going to release KOTF of two parts. The game is 2 GB, so Tim releases 1gb to 1 gb.

23. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Forgot me?

24. Darth_Pyross

May 8, 2005
    We have a podcast that is released on 15th of every month. We also have a virtual SW magazine that is released once in every three months.

We are in contact with several companies including DVD distributors, action figure distributors, publishers and collector item exporters. This is how we manage to keep our country's latest Star Wars news up to date. Also we sometimes have competitions with gifts contributed from these companies.

As for international goals, we are planning our third meeting for TFN boards so that this place becomes official :D.

25. Anatolian_Jedi

Anatolian_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2007
    Greetings from the city of Istanbul. Great to see the fellows from the farthest part of the mediterranean. Warmy and sweety to get the sense of SW with a moving thread. Also looking forward to have in my side, i too prosetlyze the any news conserning KotF? hopefully our children will taste it.Even Taunts or cries would not get it right now, still i delineate the success of patience, I mean "we".

But anyway; KotF rocks..or will rock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.