main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****FanForce Portugal Travels the World****

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by Darth_En_Ghedi, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _lordmaul

_lordmaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2005
    lol Don't spoil it, although I've read a few :(
    I hate spoilers, that's why I'm trying to read the NJO series as fast as I can to catch up with the release dates of LOTF and skip all the spoilers :D

I think I was one of the fortunate ones who played SW KOTOR without knowing who Revan really was (one of the biggest SW spoilers I've ever heard of!)

Here in Portugal is 00:50. A little bit late, so I must go to bed because I'm really really tired. lololol (but I won't sleep now, I'll still read a little bit of a NJO book :D)

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm very sensitive about spoilers. Sometimes I can't help myself and I go ahead and read them. It really depends. But I try to keep it so that nobody gets spoiled and on the CFF boards that people use the highlight-to-read for spoilers.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hmmmm, where did all the folks from Portugal go? [face_thinking]

4. _lordmaul

Sep 21, 2005
    Yeah... I'll wake 'em up! lol

Yesterday I finished reading the third book of the Force Heretic Trilogy and began 'Final Prophecy'. I really hope to enjoy this NJO 'almost-ending'! lol In the back cover of the book it is mentioned that Nen Yim discovers that Zonama Sekot is holding one of the Yuuzhan Vong deepest secrets. I wonder what that is... Maybe I'll finally understand where do the Yuuzhan Vong fit in the Force. :D

So... What do you think of Portugal? Have you ever visited our country? Maybe on the Summer holidays?

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I have never visited Portugal myself. I believe my husband's friend has though. It seems like a beautiful country.

I've been out of the USA to visit Israel and Egypt but that was many years ago. I'd like to do more traveling in the future. :)

6. Turista_espacial

Turista_espacial Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2007
    Hello everyone,
    I don't have any excuse for not show up before, I've just been lazy...

I went to the US last year, California (drive the cost from S. Francisco to S. Diego), Nevada (Las Vegas) and Arizona (Grand Canyon). I've loved everything. The food, the people, the places, everything. The place I love the most was (with no doubt, Las Vegas).

Sometimes i feel a bit lonely as a SW fan, almost all my SW friends live far from me, but it was great to find them, even thou we rarely meet.
    There is a special store here (Porto) it is called Mundo Fantasma (translation: Ghost World), the owner is a great SW fan and every time i go there we end up chatting for like 1 hour or more.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I lived in Arizona for 11 years. Nice place to visit :p ;) Nah, I miss it there. :D

8. Redius_Spid

Redius_Spid Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 16, 2005
    Hey there! I too didn't show up earlier because of my severe lazyness:p .
    How's stuff there in america? I suppose you can't wait for '08 to come so that a certain someone:rolleyes: leaves from a certain (white i've heard)house. :p
    Greetings from aveiro, portugal.;)

9. _lordmaul

Sep 21, 2005
    Too lazy they are... They must be from 'Alentejo' :p 'Alentejo' is a South region of Portugal and it is known for the stereotype that everyone from that region is very very lazy!! (as lazy as being all the day under the shawdow of a tree doing: nothing!). But, as you can realize, not every Portuguese is a lazy one ;) lol
    'Alentejo' is the 2nd southest region of Portugal. The southest Portuguese region is called 'Algarve', which you probably have heard because of the great beaches we have. The coast 'Algarve' is very near the Mediterranean Sea waters.

Besides the beaches, you surely heard from Algarve due to the disappearance of little Madeleine... :(

May I ask if you've seen our site and blog?
    The FanForce Portugal Official Blog is in one of its best seasons and in August we had a lot of news everyday, thanks to Darth_En_Ghedi. The blog also featured a recent interviwew with the founder of the website Lightsabre.co.uk and, if you want, you can read it here.
    Our blog is now featuring a poll and you may vote in the book that you want to read most. ;)

The FanForce Portugal Official Site is still under construction and it's mostly in Portuguese, but you can look around ;)

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I've looked at both the website and the blog. Both very nice. :)

I love the beach. There is nothing better than to pull up a beach chair right to the water, sit down and read a long novel . . . while wearing plenty of sunscreen.

As for the Madeleine, I feel very sorry for the child but as for her parents . . . [face_talk_hand]

I'm very lazy myself. I delight in laziness. :D

11. Turista_espacial

Turista_espacial Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2007
    Hey, both me and Redius are from the North of Portugal, I live 2 hours from him... In spite of me nagging him to come and visit, he never comes... :p

It's very beautiful, I love the desert.

It has been extremely hot around here. I don't have AC so I have been spending most of the time outside... :cool: catching up on my reading.

12. cesarcl

cesarcl Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Hello USA

My name is Cesar Lopes, and I'm a Star Wars collector from Lisbon, Portugal.
    I consider myself a big Star Wars fan, but I'm not much into the Star Wars novels... maybe one day.

I like the States a lot, and I've been to L.A., N.Y. , Chicago and Boston. My father currently lives there in Long Beach N.Y.

See you around.

Cesar Lopes

13. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Our carpet just seems to grow...

DO CLEAN YOUR FEET, PEOPLE!!!

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    pours everyone some sweet tea

Hello Cesar. What do you collect? My hubbie collects the Unleashed figures.

15. Darth_Samurai

Darth_Samurai Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Welcome Fan Force Portugal!
    Nice of you to pay the Charlotte Fan Force a visit. I joined the Charlotte Fan Force last year and am a member of the Rebel Legion. Aside from my real career, I own a martial arts school here in North Carolina. I'm currently reading the Legacy of the Force series having just finished Inferno. Great novel! In my opinion, one of the best Star Wars novels written. Thanks again for visiting!

16. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Hello Samurai!

Judo Orange Belt 3rd Dan here... not close.. I know...

Inferno? Haven't read it yet, but in my opinion Darth Bane: Path of Destruction beats many of the previous novels I read...

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You're preaching to the choir here ;) That is now my #1 favorite SW book :D

18. _lordmaul

Sep 21, 2005
    Books, huh? My favourite ones are Path Of Destruction and Revenge Of The Sith.

Path Of Destruction it's much much better than the Dark Lord!!! In Dark Lord: The Rise OF Darth Vader I expected to see a great Sith characterization, but there was none... In Path Of Destruction we enter in Dessel's mind, we experience the anger and the rage he feels, we want to use it as he uses it. We almost enjoy him killing those inocent lives he kills to feed his rage. I love Bane turning his fear and passion in anger and using as the best Sith Lord ever, using it as the Sith'ari!

Today I went to one of the few comic books stores we have here Portugal - BDMania (BD stands for 'Banda Desenhada', which means 'comic book').
    And guess what, I finally discovered who Darth Krayt is!!! And I just want to read more of Cade's mom [face_love] lol

19. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    That would be my friend Tony. I actually believe he was born in Portugal and moved to the US when he was very young.

Yeah, I love the Unleashed figures, I wish they would continue making them. They keep saying they are but I have yet to see any new ones... :(

20. _lordmaul

Sep 21, 2005
    Really?? He was born in Portugal? Why don't you tell him about us? You could show him our official site for him to see what his fellow Portuguese people have been doing ;)

He's Tony, huh? Maybe Tony Almeida? lol ;)

21. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    it's actually Antonio Martins and unfortunatly he's not a Star Wars fan. :(

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yeah, he isn't a SW fan but he tolerates us. :p ;) Sometimes. [face_plain] 8-}

23. _lordmaul

Sep 21, 2005
    That's great, even though he's not a SW fan, because we know you have a Portuguese friend! lol

Ok, I alread know who Darth Krayt is! But much better than the Legacy series is the KOTOR series!! Have you read KOTOR#19?

24. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    I see great potential in that Almeida... Perhaps we can find new ways to motivate him... :)

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I haven't read the KOTOR series. I have enough reading to do! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.