main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****FanForce Portugal Travels the World****

Discussion in 'Archive: Portugal' started by Darth_En_Ghedi, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cesarcl

cesarcl Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Hello Jada

I only collect star wars vintage figures. I'm still missing 40 or so figures for a full set. But to tell you the truth, I dont know what I'm going to do when I finish the collection. That tought strikes fear into my soul... ;)

Cesar Lopes

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You'll have conquered your quest and then need a new one to keep you occupied. [face_laugh]

3. Darth_En_Ghedi

Darth_En_Ghedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm starting that 30th anniversary collection... Got Vader with the coin holder and the Mcquarrie Chewye... it's going to be painfull but worthy...

4. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    Hoopy! So you guys can actually *move the entire thread* around to various FanForce area forums?

Welcome to Charlotte. I'm new here too so I'll just say I'm Scott - 41 yrs old, Star Wars fan since 1978 (yes one year late to the party!), and Dark Horse Star Wars comics addict. The EU is where it's at baybeeeee =D=

Fare thee well in your travels and thanks for coming to our small corner o' the boards!

5. cesarcl

cesarcl Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    I'm going to have a very hard time convincing my wife that our office is just right for a collection of some 600 figures/veicules. :)
    Now seriously. I think that once I finish the vintage loose collection I will start to colect carded vintage, I already have some but the prices on those are sometimes unbelivable.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    It's hard to choose when it comes to collecting. I know I am very picky about what I get. I know we have limited room. ;)

7. _lordmaul

_lordmaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2005
    I'm not really into the collectiong action-figures thing. I really prefer a shelf full of books and comic books, than three shelves full of action figures. I still don't see the point in having all those action-figures in exposition on our shelves... I mean, it's beautiful but I also think that my SW books are wonderful to show :D And I have at least two shelves with my Star Wars toys that I have been keeping since I was a kid.

And it is: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull :D

8. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I'm collecting some of those. I have the Mc Quarrie concept Stormtrooper.

Did you see DH has got a new one coming out? Star Wars: Vector. Just not sure when it will be out. Soon I hope... Check out the news here.

On another note, I'm looking forward to the new SW book coming out next month, Death Star. And the Darth Bane sequel in December... =P~

9. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    DeathStar!!! YEY!

Darth Bane Rule of Two Cover is revealed: http://fanforcept.blogspot.com/2007/09/darth-bane-rule-of-two-capa-revelada.html

_Not sure this story will be good at all since the writer isn't given much time to make it...

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm still looking forward to the Bane book. And from looking at the cover I'm wondering if the female is the girl he found at the end of book 1.

_lordmaul, I love books and I'm very selective on my collecting. If I got everything we'd have to buy a warehouse just to house our stuff. :p

11. _lordmaul

Sep 21, 2005
    Yes, that girl is surely Darth Zannah. At least that's her ligthsaber! Can't wait to read it! :D

In the last few days I've been reading the Rebellion comic series... I don't like it very much... I mean, why is Luke so good using his lightsaber before the Battle of Hoth? It's so unreal...

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I haven't started reading the series yet. I thought I had but . . . ;)

13. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    That's Zannah, A.K.A. Rain.

But she's readheaded... artistic freedom it seems...

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Maybe she dyed her hair. :p

15. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    or maybe the artist had too much Jack Daniel's, Bane looks sissy...

16. _lordmaul

Sep 21, 2005
    Does anyone know what's the release date for Rule Of Two?

17. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    According to the Amazon.com US site it says the realease date is December 26th 2007. The day after Christmas... hmmmm... anyway, I'm not sure if the release date would be different for Portugal.

18. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Doesn't really matter, since these books are never released here, they're all imported...

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Why the day AFTER Christmas? It would make the perfect Christmas present for that special Sith :p

20. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    "It would make the perfect Christmas present for that special Sith"

Who me? aaah... thanks! :)

21. Baron_Ployer

Baron_Ployer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Hey guys! :) Time to introduce myself too.

I'm not going to repeat what my Bio already states, though (everyone can go check it, please). I'm one of the longest running Fan Force forum members from Portugal (boy, Feb 2004 sure is a long way away) and I'm not the most active (granted, but whoever reads my bio readily understands that I'm involved with STAR WARS enough to have almost no spare time for that).

Anyway, just to let everyone know that Portugal is already on the Intn'l STAR WARS Club circuit (as it were): since early 2007 (February 9, more exactly) fans and collectors can count on a formal club (the first ever in this side of Europe): the SWCC-PT, STAR WARS Clube de Coleccionadores Portugal where I am the current prez and co-founder and reporter. Oddly enough (or nor, or not...) we are also proud to count members from Brazil and our neighboring Spain among our midst.

Well, that's about it. It's our pleasure to get acquainted with you guys from AZ! :)

May the Force be with us, always!

-José Fiúza

You're not supposed to be advertising other sites on here like that

22. Darth_En_Ghedi

Apr 6, 2005
    Welcome back Fiuza

This is the charm of the Moving Thread! Even brings back long forgotten users!
    Since 1999 Fanforce Portugal has been gathering Star Wars fans and we are proud to see Portugal is into the collector's circuit taking a good advantage of efforts.
    Hopefully we can project Portugal even further, if we work together. Hopefully the individualism can be gone.

----------------------

Charlotte, did you guys find the Revan Action Figure (30th Anniversary) there?

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hello Fiuza! Psst. You're in North Carolina, not Arizona ;) :p Tucson is our "sister" city. :)

I can't be sure Ghedi since that is a 3 3/4 figure and I usually don't collect those.

24. Baron_Ployer

May 5, 2004
    Let's play nice

25. Baron_Ployer

May 5, 2004
    Sheessh.. A million sorry's Jada. My "Oops" time... NC it is NOT AZ. Gotcha! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.