main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Presidential Nominations

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I figured since we've got CR nominees up and running I'd put up a nominee for club president.

Jedihexer (Eric Larson) is my nominee. He's run/helped run at least 4 conventions that I'm aware of, the old Madison Fan Club in the early '80s, and has been active in Star Wars since oh, before I was born (not really, but close enough).

Let's get this ball rolling and see if we can't have some leadership by our next official meeting (or, vote for it at that meeting - whatever).

Jeff

2. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Jedihexer (Eric Larson) is my nominee for president! Let's see how full we can post this board!

3. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    i'm gonna have to agree.

Eric for Prez

4. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'll jump on the bandwagon and throw in my vote for Eric. He's the man.

5. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I'd like to post myself for president OR vice president. Thank you.

6. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I like the idea of Eric for president but I'd like to see Tracey as vice or co or something. She seems to have a good knack for keeping track of things and bringing things to order while Eric seems to have the enthusiasm and the experience. Not that Tracey doesn't have the enthusiasm but I was hanging with Eric in line and he has enthusiasm at like ungodly hours of the morning and that counts for something...

Marcy
    XXwampa

7. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd like to see Tracy as President - she has the initiative to organize our group and the enthusiasm to keep things rolling.

8. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Both candidates have great attributes and enthusiasm. However, after careful consideration, I'm casting my vote for Eric (jedihexer) for President.

Although, I do agree with the Wampas as to Tracey being a vice-president, sergeant-at-arms, secretary or other...

9. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I would like to throw a nomination Tracey's way.

10. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I would like to throw some water ballons.. What?? .. I would.. it's fun!

11. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I know I missed the end of the meeting on Saturday, but did we decide when we're going to vote on a president? Is it going to be at Tracey's house on the 13th of July?

Also, if y'all could help me out with anything else that was decided that might be important, let me know.

ooh - one more thing. Who were the new faces at lunch? There were some people I didn't recognize (mainly the group of people to Dan's (Mauler's) left and the people to Steve's (Swiski's) left - I think I knew everyone else there).

Thanks,
    Jeff

12. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    This is what I think: When the vote for President has finished, the runner-up should become the Vice President. It's simple and fast. That's all for now.. proceed.

~Que

13. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    That is a great idea. That is how it worked in the early history of our country. What is good enough for Washington, Adams and Jefferson is good enough for me.

14. SoloYT1300

SoloYT1300 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    WHAT?!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY BALOT HAS HANGING CHADS! I WANT A RECOUNT!...AGAIN!
    I WILL ABSTAIN FROM VOTING. TO NEW TO THE ORGANIZATION TO MAKE SUCH A VOTE... SORRY :(

15. que4zone

Mar 7, 2002
    Is the President vote going to be during the June 19th meeting (at Jedisister's)?? Just curious...

16. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Unsure at this time. We are for sure going to establish what the president(or how bout Supreme Chancellor??)responsiblities are going to be and that of a vice whomever or aide. The vote may happen then, but not positive yet.

17. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    For what it's worth--

A lot of the "newbies" (did that come from "Scrubs"?) around here, myself included, haven't had the pleasure of meeting anyone in person yet, and we may not have any idea what the president/vice pres. will be doing. Thus, it's difficult to even think about making any kinda choice on the matter. I think the logical thing to do is get as many people together in one place (jedisister's), introduce everybody, have everyone list what they think the president needs to do, then have an initial vote there among the attendees. The results of said voting can then be posted on a thread for the non-attending members to vote on. The following meeting could then feature the naming of pres & vice pres. Make any sense?

18. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Yup, makes sense to me. Probably what we will do most likely. So, as many as possible come since both nominees will be at the party!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.