main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East FanForce Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbacca89, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey I was interested in starting a FanForce chapter for the Raleigh (Or the Reasearch Triangle Park; Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) area. What is the process one has to go through on here to get the ball rolling? Thanks. :D

2. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
  3. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Chewbacca89 I'm in the Triangle area but we maybe should make a NC Piedmont FanForce group instead. I see Charlotte, Salisbury, and Rocky Mount and none of those seem very busy recently.

4. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey that's cool. Glad to know I'm not alone out here. Ewoks86 is also in Raleigh. So what major cities should we include then?

Tag Mirax Terrik

5. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Cities that come to mind: Raleigh, Chapel Hill, Durham, Wake Forest, Greensboro, Asheboro, Rocky Mount, Charlotte, Concord, Carrboro, Cary, Apex, Fayetteville aaaand probably some others that I've forgotten about.

I think most of those places are within an hour's drive from Raleigh. I imagine if we aren't doing things frequently, people would probably be willing to drive out a bit to hang out.

Chewbacca89

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    That sounds like a pretty good coverage area. Charlotte is an almost 3 hours drive to Raleigh, but I could see it working if they don't have anything in that area and like you said there isn't frequent stuff going on. So what would be the next step?

Mirax Terrik

7. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't really know. Probably making a centralized thread/forum and get people to post in it.

Chewbacca89

8. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    The Eastern Rim is still alive in Rocky Mount. :) Very dormant, but still very much alive. Good luck on getting a new fanforce going in Raleigh!! They used to have one quite some time ago, and it would be great to see another one come to life.

9. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks JediRiff! So far we got 3 lol.

10. SkywalkerDiCo

SkywalkerDiCo Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    Four if you count me!

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Lol I moved and I'm not in Raleigh anymore.