main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA FanForce Richmond meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Alrighty, looking for dates when people would like to do a richmond FF meeting? and locations...so lets get an idea of where everyone lives so we can do it centrally

This is all assuming we actually want to meet offline.

2. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    well i'm probably the only one who really lives outside of richmond (someone prove me wrong!). i'm from cville for those who don't know me, so whatever works for all of you location wise.
    my november weekends are spoken for, and i know most people get really busy in december, but those first couple of weekends would work for me.

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Good Point...

Maybe with the holidays coming up, we should leave it online until after the first of the year....

4. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    I can beat you right off the bat Sticks ;)

Newport News here :D

Nave

5. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    nave, and i thought you were one of the richmond peeps!
    i definitely want to come to one of these first meetings, especially anything organizational, but it sounds like the richmond folks want to get together this friday...keep me up to date!

6. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Not this Fri but Next Fri :)

7. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Now, I'm confused. :) Who's meeting together when on what Friday?

8. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Heh

THIS Fri = Members from here getting together for coffee and face to face.

Fri Nov 16th: MFC jazz

Hope that helps ;)

9. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Well I can't edit so I've gotta reply again...

I goofed on my days lol The MFC stuff is SATURDAY Nov 16th.

Sorry for any confusion between all the "Fri" events lol

*Goes back to slamming head repeatedly on desk*

I'll be ok...no really I will :D

10. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    *sniff* i can't come friday...out of town guests are coming for the weekend. you'll have to let me know what happens! i'm jealous i can't come :p

11. devixnon

devixnon Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Yup,
    This friday is when we are meeting.
    Sorry you can't make it JainaSolo..I'm sure we will plan another meeting soon.
    I guess all you guys are leaving the MFC?
    Or are you coming just to cause trouble
    w/ Richmond Fanforce? Cause we don't need that

12. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Why does it have to be either? Perhaps some of the MFC members want to be part of a Richmond FF also.

13. devixnon

devixnon Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Just don't want any trouble and want a cool Star Wars club in Richmond .The Fanforce should be open.yes, But don't come in thinking you are taking over us

14. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Noone's said a single comment about taking anything over.

15. TheMynock

TheMynock Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    Curiousity...
    I'll be there...
    Live right around the corner

Paulalso.

16. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I cant believe everyone has to bicker over their new forum.

Getting the richmond forum should be a positive thing for both groups. It helps open a line of communication for both fan groups. You should be working together not against each other.
    I recommend everyone read my reminder thread before posting another word. I also suggest everyone RE-READ the fan force Terms of Service.
    I would hate to see anyone take a 24 hour vacation from the boards.

If anyone has a problem with this can they PM me directly.
    Thanks

Strawbary

17. Armage

Armage Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Well said, strawbary.

I hope this can be a group that *anyone* can be free to join and participate in, regardless of any "past histories" or biases. All I want to do is hang out with people who like Star Wars, and this seems like a good an opportunity as any.

Hope to see you all Friday night!

18. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    I wholeheartedly agree.

19. devixnon

devixnon Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    I agree also Strawbary ,
    Just a little worried.

20. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    *nods in agreement* everyone here loves sw, let's keep that the focus :)

21. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    So when are we going to have a FF meeting? I see some are pushing for friday, while a lot of people can not be there...seems to me that people are pushing to exclude the people that took the effort to start this section.

I mean, can't we slow down and actually plan a meeting most of us can attend?

22. zNova

zNova Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Hmmm.....no, we aren't pushing to exclude anyone. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us and if you can't make this meeting I'm sure there will be another.

Excluding people is the last thing we want to do. I think we can all agree on that.

23. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Thought I should post since I am interested in the meeting. I am planning on attending on Friday. Hope to see you all there.

24. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    I probably wont be there after all but I'll try and make the second meeting.

Nave

25. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    I?d like to start of by saying that I will not be coming to the meeting on Friday. It actually has nothing to do with Fan Force, although I?d love to see Richmond have one, nor does it have anything to do with desiring or supporting a division of fans and groups. In fact, I would like to see all of the fans in Richmond get along and enjoy all things Star Wars. I truly believe and want it to happen.

What bothers me, however, is that there is a growing feeling that getting along and having fun can only be accomplished outside of what we Richmonders call the Moisture Farm Co-Op. There?s a belief that the Co-Op is X,Y and Z members. There?s a negative connotation that seems to be flying above this group for one reason or another and members are flocking away one after another.

The Moisture Farm Co-Op is a name and more importantly a symbol of what is Star Wars in Richmond. A collection of people who have loved Star Wars for all kinds of reasons. I don?t want to see this historic symbol die. And to me, yes a 3+ year symbol can be considered historic. Why? Because we as a group of Richmond fans have created lasting memories that people will cherish for as long as they live. Perhaps you?ll see me as melodramatic and sentimental, but this symbol to me has become a huge part of my life and I?m not ready to call it quits just yet.

If present and past members want to see this symbol die, and create something new and different?then that?s okay. I just think no matter where we go, no matter what we do, or no matter who we do it with?ultimately it?s about one thing: Relationships. We can all agree that Star Wars rocks! But either we get along, or we don?t and I?d like to think we could try and get along, as it sounds like you all do. And I?d like to think we could do it as the Moisture Farm Co-Op.

The Moisture Farm Co-Op meets at 5pm on Saturday the 23rd at the Chester Library. I sure hope to see you all there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.