main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA FanForce Richmond meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNova

zNova Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Way to go to promote unity, Keith.

2. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Aside from saying he won't be at the FF meeting, and that he's concerned over the MFC's affairs, I don't see where he's against anything,...he's actually stated several times he's hoping everything works out for the best.

Although I may not agree with an in depth post about MFC issues, neither do I see anything against unity.

*shrug*

Anyways best of luck to everyone with getting a Richmond FF going, or getting any other type of group going or continuing for that matter ;)

3. zNova

zNova Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Well, Strawbary already stated that this is not an announcement board for the MFC and still Keith is promoting the MFC and bringing their problems to this board. Promoting it is no big deal but this is not the proper venue for discussing problems with the Moisture Farm Coop.

Amy

4. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    I agree with that Amy. Matter of fact I've gone out of my way to make sure I personally didn't cross that line.

But at the same time he wasn't posted against unity of the groups in anyway that I saw. You perhaps read it differently than I did, or just took a different meaning with it. I was only stating my opinion.

Again ... I do agree this is not the place to discuss MFC related issues,...nor is it the place for ppl's improper comments about the MFC for whatever reasons,..I'm glad to see that has stopped thankfully.

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    What internal problems? In what post did I mention any internal Co-Op problems? I'm talking about the perception OF the Co-Op by outside members. Please re-read my messages.

I've been promoting the idea of the MFC joining Fan Force if anything.

Thanks
    Keith

6. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    the meeting on the 23rd is just the open costuming meet correct? should we list this as a new richmond ff event? perhaps we could make that meeting #2 (after the one this friday, nov 8th) and that would be yet another that strawbary could post on the main page. thoughts?

7. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    The 23rd is just the costume meeting, it was originally loosely an MFC event, meaning it's hosted by MFC members but open to anyone.

As far as that being the second FF meet for Richmond, I think it might be a bit to close to the first one. From the explaination in the FF FAQ the concept and reasoning for 3 meets being mandatory to become a FanForce Chapter is to allow the group to get to know each other and get "grassroots" as the FAQ puts it.

Rushing to get the offical title might not be in everyone's best interest, though it's not my call of course just my suggestion :)

8. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    good point jason, it shouldn't be rushed. it was just a thought since it's something that seems to appeal to everyone.

9. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Nothing against it at all :) I get the same way sometimes, just get excited about a new project or what not and dive head first into it,...just a few times I've found out there was a brick wall waiting just ahead of me that I failed to see and just walk around :D

10. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    this is my last reminder that this is not a MFC announcement board. Everyone has been told and the meeting dates and events still seem to be popping up.

I truly hate to seem like a nag but there are rules to follow.
    Thank you

Strawbary

11. Armage

Armage Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, strawbary, but we're just tossing about this costuming thing and whether RFF is doing it or not ::grins::

We'll behave, promise. ;-)

12. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
  13. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    "this is my last reminder that this is not a MFC announcement board. Everyone has been told and the meeting dates and events still seem to be popping up"

I am confused about this...accoring to the "starting your own chapter" link you posted when you opened this section....
    we are allowed to mention events taking place involving other fanclubs that are open to non-members.
    Section 4-3...Events and meetings "does the fanforce encourage meetings with other Star Wars fanclubs?"

14. zNova

zNova Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Strawbary,

Did you get my email about a posting on the main page for our meeting tomorrow night?

My email has been a bit funky lately.. just checking. : )

Amy

15. TheMynock

TheMynock Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    I'm not going to be able to make it tonight to the official FF meeting..Sorry I was looking forward to it. But some personal business has come up totally unrelated.

Good luck tonight..I'll be there in spirit (a blue glowing spirit)

PaulAlso

16. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Depending on what happens on the 16th, I may attend a FF meeting. It would be premature for me to say anything further at this point though.

17. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    so how was the meeting last night?!

18. Armage

Armage Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    Well, Mynock, ZNova, and myself showed up -- but no one else did! Oh well, that's okay -- we still had fun anyway. We just chatted about various things over coffee.

I hope we can get all of y'all down here for our next (and hopefully official) meeting.

I'll start a new thread for suggestions for dates and times.

19. CorellianSyndicate

CorellianSyndicate Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    Hello and Fair Skys from a Star Wars fan in Fredericksburg Va. Tell me more about your group. Name? Mission? Smuggling?

20. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Let's see...name: we dont have one, mission: to have a good chat about star wars without arguing, smuggling: hmmm....none i suppose

21. CorellianSyndicate

CorellianSyndicate Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2002
    Is that all? I can chat Star Wars till I'm blue as a Twi'lek. Speaking of which, does anyone know where I might find a Twi'lek dancer?

22. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    hmm, none that i know, but maybe someone will take that up saturday at the costuming meeting :)

23. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Ummmm Evan,....you are NOT allowed to make that costume :D

That crazy fool would do something like that too :)

24. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    hmm...maybe i should have thought more before i posted O:)
    evan will be too busy working on his jar-jar costume right? *yikes* ;-)
    (don't you love how we talk about him and he only sees it days later, hehehe)

25. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Isn't that the point ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.