FanForce Status?(FanForce Update)

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by RidingMyCarousel, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Just out of curiosity, but may we have an "official" update on what's going on?
    Has a permanent decision on FanForce Activities been reached yet?
    I've noticed some really inactive boards have been closed lately, so I won't be a nag about that. But, if it isn't too much to ask, which ones were closed..?

Just out of honest curiousity. :)

--edit: I posted that in the reform thread and it seems to have been ignored.
  2. Corran_Horn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I would really like to know too!!!

I would really, really enjoy for you people from other FanForces to post pics and stuff from your activities in the Activities forum, but it seems that almost nobody visits it!!!

I guess if you melded this forum and activities, there would be more traffic.
  3. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I would start doing that but the UK forum is having a bit of a shake up of late, we finally got our new RSA now just working on a new banner, icon and web page [face_plain]

But that is a very good idea, there are many other fan forces that could start that up to gather more traffic.
  4. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I'm doing CPR on it now.... :D

(the activities forum, that is)

We're getting FF-UK fixed now, or should be. Even brought in a new RSA and everything. :D
  5. UK Sullustian Force Ghost

star 4
    "We're"?

I think you overestimate your influence.

The members of FFUK/BIFF are "fixing" the board now.

UKS
  6. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    UKS: I was not trying to overestimate "my" involvement.

I'm glad to see that you "all" are getting it worked out. I was just adding a small comment to LV81's comment. No insult intended.

I, personally am taking a hands off approach to the UK, as I have enough to deal with in my own region. But I am happy to hear that things are getting better over there. Please take no offense to my "we're". :D
  7. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well the Fan Force did give us an RSA so technically they are helping us.
  8. Darth_Asabrush Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, and a darn fine choice they made too ;)

Things are getting sorted in UK. Slowly but surely...... :)

We are all contributing in a positive and constructive manner, which is nice.
  9. toochilled Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh J, please get your head out of ...

ooh heya OW, how goes it in the land of the sun :D

//jealous face...
  10. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Get what out of my head?
  11. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Hey, TC! It's way too bloody hot here. 110-115 degrees F here in the daytime. But it's bright, sunny and fun. :D Any you can cook eggs on the sidewalk if you feel like it. [face_devil]

But I wouldn't recommend wearing Stormtrooper armor in the daytime, unless you want to go to the hospital and be treated for sunstroke and dehydration. ;)

Beyond that, it's great. Good to see you around, my friend! :D

//OW passes TC a Kimballade// (for old times' sake)
  12. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Since I'm not carrie, I feel no compunction against asking if there has been any consensus on which forums are inactive and need to be removed.
  13. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Alright. Pretty much, what I'm asking for is what farraday did. And perhaps we could get a bi-weekly update, a la the modsquad updates. It would definately help keep us informed on what's up, let us know of any changes (eg: could help keep all of the "welcome _____ as your new CR for _____" things in one place, thus putting all info in one place) to FanForce.

Is that something reasonable to ask for? I'm not trying to make anyone mad, sorry if I am, but some people would like to know what's going on related to FanForce.

And the updates could always bring more attention and possibly traffic to FanForce.
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    We have discussed doing an update similiar to the Mod Squad update, but the truth is we really don't have as much going on as the JC. Plus we it keeps the drama monkeys away.

I'll try and get yo uguys some info on some of the things you mentioned tonight.

I just have one question for you in return. Why is this important to you? Especially you farraday, you aren't even in a FanForce chapter. Becasue if removing forums is at the top of the problems here in FanForce then I'd say we are pretty lucky.
  15. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    FanForce Updates?

I smell drama! [face_mischief]

:p :D

¤Night
  16. Corran_Horn_ Jedi Master

star 4
    But why not doing an update in a longer span than the mod squad update?

I think thats a pretty decent idea.

It would cut down on all the welcome to ___ as CR threads and the sort and keep us all informed.

Just my two cents. . .
  17. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Rox While I'm not a member of Fanforce, I am a poster on these message boards. I would remind you that Regional Support and Global support are more board designations then they are actual Fanforce positions. Your responsibility to keep the boards clean and tidy isn't just to the members of Fan Force but to everyone using TFN's message boards.

And I'd point out the drama in the JC pre-existed the updates and was not a result of them.
  18. RidingMyCarousel Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, I understand about the drama monkeys. Trust me, I understand that side completely.

Anywho, my view on the "dead" boards is that they can become cluttered (and discourage some people from looking around) and havens for spam (in each instance taken care of when noticed). But that's just my view on the issue.
  19. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Ogden, UT and Northern Colorado Forums have been removed due to severe lack of interest. Pueblo, CO will be next. There was interest, but it seems to have dies. I'm waiting on a response from the interested parties.

We are working on an update, but the OFH is less exciting and interesting than the Mod Squad. Much less drama there. We try to keep it that way. [face_plain]

Virtually everything in the OFH is about trying to find ways of increasing membership, activities and interest in FF. It's about which regions are needing new RSA's and what cities may be dying off the boards. And which CR's are coming on line, and which ones are changing.

That's really about it. Sorry, no drama here. Move along. Move along.
  20. MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Does somebody know if there is someone working on adding the latin america section to the ff main site?
  21. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    FanForce Update

New RSA

• Darth_Asabrush is the new RSA for the British Isles Region.

Titles

• Informational titles have been given out to FF officiers. These titles are a way to honour some of the more notable/helpful/positioned members of official FanForce chapters.

Closing Up Shop

• The closure of forums is entirely up to the RSA for the region, if you would like to suggest a forum for closure please contact the current RSA for the forum in question.

• These forums have been delted since 8/1:

Mobile, AL
      Ogden, UT
      Northern Colorado

Newborn Forums

New Official Chapters

22. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'll let Hama know about the latin American Section of the main page. There are alot of things that need to be added to the main page that are quite old. Also I think we wiil try and do one of these updates once a month.
  23. MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Cool. If I can be of any help at all just let me know. :)
  24. Night4554 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now was that so hard Rox? :p

Actually it's a very good thing, and I bet the markup codes took longer to type than the actual update! :D :p

¤Night
  25. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I'm aware of the need for a Latin America section, as well as Asia and USA-Midsouth, as well as changing the names of "USA-South" to "USA-Southeast" and "Australia/NZ" to "Oceania." I think that's most of the major changes we need to make, plus adding in the official chapters in each category.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.