main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Fanforce Support

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lightsabre, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Hey gang just writing to see how the support has been from the Fanforce Staff. If you think your chapter needs more support perhaps you should consider electing a City Rep or a second one to help the first. You can elect a member here and we can bring them up speed. This is all in an effort to better support you and your chapter. If you would like to volunteer in some other fashion please let us know.

Thanks! :)

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks for your help Lightsabre, What would be good is if we can have someone to represent the South Island and help with organisng meets and such.
    SWNZ (the fan Club) are looking at having a weekend of meets sometime soon. We are looking at Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch as primary meeting places but obviously there are plenty of others in different cities around NZ.
    As I was saying before the South Island is lacking in support so if your keen then let us know and we can start organising some events.

Cheers.

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well I am in dunedin, but i havn't been really active in fan activities, outside of the these forums

4. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    There hasn't been much going on as far as fan activites goes in NZ and we are making an honest effort at changing that this year.
    As we are all spread out in NZ we want to try get people together in their own towns, the more people we can get here to forums the easier it will become as we'll be able to organise events. We're not aiming for large scale major events first off just little meets here and there to get people together.
    Maybe movie showings, bars and cafe's just somewhere where we can meet and say hi. From there we can start organising bigger better things.

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I've organised some swapmeets before here in christchurch, quite small but they have helped to introduce collectors to each other, problem is many dont have internet access, so most of my contact with collectors is by phone.

I like the idea of informal meetings, like
    bars and cafes just to get people keen for bigger events.

I've since been in contact with SWNZ about representing the South Island on Fanforce, I'd be happy to be part of the action!

6. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    as long as i get a deputie's badge

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    You can get deputy badges at the $2 shop :)

8. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    it wouldn't be the same

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    No, but it's a start at least.

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Small meets are a good way to start. The first WA meet involved a few of us going to a movie. We're still in early stages but we've come a long way from there.

11. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    We are still trying to sort somethings out for meets. We had to have a meet in Auckland this month as most of the members are from there. The rest of us are spread far and between so it's a little more tricky. But it'll come together, Rome was built in a day :)

12. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    we had a few from dunedin for a while, last year....about 3-4 f us, now I am not so sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.