main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidSouth FanForce Table Volunteer Sign up

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Amidala Starkiller, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Saturday
    11am to noon - Fred and Tammy
    noon to 1pm - Dan and Kerstin
    1pm to 2pm - Lance
    2pm to 3pm - Melissa
    4pm to 5:00pm - Joe and Elizabeth
    5pm to 6pm - Lance

Sunday
    noon to 1pm - Joe and Elizabeth
    1pm to 2pm - Someone from Waco
    2pm to 3pm - Someone from Waco
    3pm to 4pm - Melissa
    4pm to 5pm - Joe and Elizabeth

2. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Have we been able to get a hold of any event schedule for the event? I think some members might be reluctant to commit to shifts at the table without knowing those details. I'll definitely address the table and shifts at the Austin Fan Force meeting on Saturday....

3. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    So far nothing has been updated or said about Q&A's or anything like that.

4. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Schedule is up!

October 20th: Saturday
    09:30am Will call ticket pickup open for all preregistered VIP and SPeedPass customers.
    10:00am Exhibit hall open to VIP and SpeedPass customers.
    10:30am Autograph area open to VIP and SpeedPass customers.
    11:00am Exhibit hall open to all attendees.
    12:00pm Celebrating 30 years of collecting STAR WARS with Steve Sansweet, Duncan Jenkins, and Philip Wise.
    01:00pm Autograph hall open to general admission. (Time estimated - General admission may enter after VIP and SP tix holders).
    02:00pm Return of the Sith with Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, and Daniel Logan.
    03:00pm Lucasfilm Presentation. The future of Star Wars with Steve Sansweet.
    05:00pm Costume Contest hosted by JediOKC.
    06:00pm Event closes for day.

October 21st: Sunday

12:00pm Exhibit hall open to all attendees.
    12:00pm Autograph area open to VIP and SpeedPass customers.
    12:30pm Voices from far, far away with Grey Delisle, Tom Kane, and Matthew Wood.
    01:00pm Autograph hall open to general admission. (Time estimated - General admission may enter after VIP and SP tix holders).
    01:30pm I'm a Star Wars alien with Peter Mayhew, Tim Rose, Mike Quinn, Femi Taylor and Paul Weston.
    05:00pm Event closes for day.

5. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    Sweet, Elizabeth!!

Just in time!! I'll bring it up in my meeting this afternoon, hopefully we should see some more names this next week on the FanForce table schedule.

6. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    Here's what I've got, I have got my group taking five 1 hour slots so far.. We came up with some good ideas on how to run the trivia game... tell me what you think guys, nothing is set in stone but my group was really motivated:

TRIVIA
    Qualifying round: Person needs to answer 3 questions on a Star Wars Trivial Pursuit Card correctly. We take down the name and tell them to come back later for 2nd round.

2nd round: Need to answer all six on the card to go to final round.

3rd final round: This will be like a Jeopardy type game, questions will be determined by us (I've got a few members working on some of these for us). We need some serious submissions from all of you on this one...

We had an idea about a grand prize for this.... a Gentle Giants Clone Wars Maquette (I approached one of my members to buy it off of him but he graciously agreed to donate it) Not sure which one it is, he is picking it out. This is still a potential donation, but its pretty secure.

KIDDIE GAME "Pin the Trunk on Max Rebo"
    So we blow up a color picture of Max Rebo... we were thinking we would make an actual blue vinyl covered trunk that the kid would have to stick to the right spot (we were thinking of lining the picture with metal on the back and have a magnet on the trunk). Maybe could use a helmet with blast shield instead of blingfold??? Anyone have one to use???

I have a few prizes in our treasure trove to donate for prizes and am looking for any of you to donate anything Star Wars no matter how little or inexpensive... we might think about a runners up prize if we could get one...

So thats what the Austin Fan Force came up with... what do yall think?

7. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    Here's how it looks so far:

Saturday
    11am to noon Joe and Elizabeth
    noon to 1pm Dan and Kerstin
    1pm to 2pm Lance
    2pm to 3pm Melissa
    3pm to 4pm
    4pm to 5pm
    5pm to 6pm Lance

Sunday
    noon to 1pm Joe and Elizabeth
    1pm to 2pm
    2pm to 3pm
    3pm to 4pm Melissa
    4pm to 5pm Joe and Elizabeth

We could use any help we can get to come up with super hard trivia questions too!!!
    Also, anyone interested in volunteering for Official Pix, please contact Amidalla Starkiller

8. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey...

Is it going to be cool if we can't commit to an entire hour at the table to come by and offer those there a break for like 30 min. or something like that...

Are we going to be able to bring flyers for our respected states fan forces??

I'm in for helping come up with some trivia questions...when do you need them by?

9. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    Well I had gotten my volunteers to sign up for hour shifts before Elizabeth decided we would go with half hour shifts, so I just kept my people to their hour shifts.. I should have explained that.

You are welcome to sign up for half hour shifts.

I'm thinking that we should have the questions in ... by next Wednesday the 17th? So we can know how many we have so far... and how many more we need... So keep sending them to me as you come up with them. Please PM them to me.

10. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks for that clarification.

I won't know until I get there when I could volunteer...but, I want to at least put in some time at the table...

Do the flyers have to go through somebody first? Or do we just bring them or whatever?

And do you need anything for the table...star wars stuff or whatever?

jedimelisI'll get to work on the trivia and send you my ideas.

11. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    As for the flyer, I wouldn?t think so, but I would want to clear that with Amidalla Starkiller(Elizabeth) or Nabooty Call. I?d be glad to submit mine for review too.

I think Elizabeth is handling the tablecloth, banner and setup/takedown. I?m planning on bringing my banner just cause it needs to get some use once in a while. I say if you think something could be useful and have the space in your car, bring it. But check with her.

If you have any Star Wars chochkies that you don?t want or need, bring em, I?m sure we could give them away to kids?.

I need all the help I can get with the trivia. Send em in!

12. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Yes to all of that.

Sorry I had a hell week with school and work this week. Waco is having a meeting tomorrow night and we will get the blanks in the at the table.

Ben said he needed enough volunteers for 13 guests for two days. I'm like to have as many people as we can to help him out.

13. jedimelis

Nov 5, 2002
    Hey anyone have the most recent Star Wars Trivial Pursuit? I've got the Classic Old Trilogy one, but don't have the one with the DVD. I need that for the game...

I managed to get 11 boxes of Star Wars stuff bestowed upon me this weekend. I have gone through and pulled out a lot of little kiddie prizes: pencils, markers, diaries, planners, erasers, little toys, stickers and more stickers.... (Now what to do with the rest of it, ugh!)

As for the Trivia, I'll take more questions I have only received 10 so far from one of our old members, they are SUPER SUPER hard and all EU from the looks of it... So any non EU ones would be cool too!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.