main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Fanforce Twinning Program - Welcome Docking Bay 516 - Long Island, NY.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by SRB_Jedi_Knight, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    FanForce has started a Sister Chapter program to build bridges between chapters all over the World. The program aims to increase relations and diversity between chapters by forming a close 'alliance' betwen two boards that usually would never have met. This starts virtually, but could ultimately end up in real life meets. We have been paired up with Docking Bay 516, Long Island, NY.Their City Rep,StarFromIHJ, will start a welcome thread soon.

Long Island Welcome Thread

Those of you from Long Island, please fill out the little survey below to help us to get to know you better, and we will do the same on your thread.

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: (So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

Also for those of you from Long Island interested you are more than welcome to join us on our other forums as well, which can be found here:

ocstarwars

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Name: Dana
    SW Related Interests: Costuming
    Non-SW Related Interests: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Reading
    How did you get started on SW: "Hello my name is Dana and I've been a Star Wars addict since I was 20. In that short year I've become a member of 2 Star Wars fanclubs (technically one, SWNYC, I am kind of an unofficial member of The Rebel Legion, I haven't joined yet) and founded one club (Docking Bay 516). I always thought I saw Star Wars when I was younger. I asked my Mom once "did I ever see Star Wars?" and she said "yes. You used to watch it all the time when you were little" It wasn't until I rented Star Wars when I was 20 that I realized that my Mom thought either Ewok Adventures or Spaceballs. I became obsessed with Star Wars as soon as I saw it. I saw the entire OT within two weeks. I loved the OT so much that I waited until right before AOTC to see TPM. I made my first costume for the midnight showing of AOTC (ANH Leia). (Yes, after being a fan less than 2 months I waited on the Line here in NY for AOTC.)

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Name: Billy
    SW Related Interests: costuming, acting,attending cons.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Music. I run the official website/newsletter for a band called the Blasters. I work in their road crew (traveling europe next month). I have a 16 track digital studio where I rwrite and record my own music. My main instrument is guitar. I like jamming, bike riding, traveling, attending concerts and rock clubs. Favorite bands: Kiss, The Blasters, U2, Slayer, Voivod, Dale Watson, Hanoi Rocks, Alice Cooper, old Metallica, and Black Sabbath.
    How did you get started on SW: I saw the first movie in the theatres and always liked them. When I met my wife(who is pres in DB516) I renewed a more indepth interest. When episode 1 came out I became more interested because the world of Star Wars was expanding and being explained. Sorry I dont follow the EU.
    I'm interested in seeing how many of us are still interested after episode 3 runs its course.

4. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Welcome to our boards! Its a pleasure to have been paired up with you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.