main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA FanForce WA AOTC Bookings Thread.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Soup, Apr 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Greater Union are not charging us more, they are doing what thier agreement with Fox Distribution states they have to do.

There were not supposed to be ANY group bookings for ANY cinema in Australia. I managed to find a loophole in this and organised a whole cinema for us. Unfortunately, the loophole involved having to book with no discount whatsoever, and so with the cost for printing tickets etc. the ticket price was set at $12.50.

Other Greater Unions, and other cinemas are charging less, so if you want to go there be my guest. The $12.50 covers not just the entry, but the whole experience. You will be seeing AOTC, with the biggest concentration of people who appreciate it in Australia, and on the best screen in Perth. A large percentage are also coming in costume to enrich the experience more.

We are making almost no money on this, IF we sell all the tickets, I think it is around $50, which is going back into the club.

I organised this night so people could have the best Star Wars experience thay can, so it will be memorable until the next movie comes out.

Sorry for the rant, but I am sick of explaining myself, after all of the hard work I have put into this.

DS

2. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    We have REALLY big problem!!!

Unless we can ALL generate a lot more interest in this screening, it probobly won't go ahead....

We have a lot of people who have booked tickets who haven't made any attempt to pick them up and others who just booked large amounts of tickets without actually figuring out how many they could in reality sell.

We have so far only had about $1500 come in and we need close to $5500!!! We have less than two weeks to do something about this..... we will be fine if everyone who has booked tickets can pay for what they booked, but it seems that everyone who has booked large amounts of tickets (large meaning over 25) is coming up short on how many they actually sell.

So, come on people, ask everyone you know, anyone, and try to sell up big time, if just every member of these WA boards could get 5 people it would probobly save us.

FA and I between us have sold over 50 tickets to friends and family alone.

Sorry to push this, but I would actually like to see my hard work pay off for once.

DS

3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I swear, if we miss out because people decide not to pay for their tickets BEFORE May 5 i will flip out!!!!!!!

Come on!!!! We dont want this screening to be cancelled..... tooo much effort was put into this [DS-FA] so lets get a move on!

4. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    Ok I asked about , i haven't got a response yet. LD's gonna ask the anyone from the Dr Who fan club is interested.

How many tickets are there left, just so i can get a rough estimate in case anyone ask?

5. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Unfortunately we can't give you exact figures... There are a couple of people with big bookings who are "umming" and "arhing" about whether or not they can sell the total amount of what they have booked.

We have had one major person pull-out so far, and have 31 tickets left of his booking to sell... But then we also have two people who have booked 100 tickets who are unsure if they can sell all of them. If we can get a huge amount of interest, then we may have to start pulling tickets out of the bookings with 100 tickets to sell to people who give us cash in hand. But currently, work with the fact that we have 31 tickets left to sell. We will keep you updated as to what is happening with the premiere.

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, I'm just reposting the details of the screening as the thread with the details in it has dropped off this page...

Date: May 16, 2002
    Time: 12.01am (Wednesday evening/Thursday morning)
    Where: Greater Union Innaloo
    Cinema: 11, the Senstadium
    Cost: $12.50, regardless of age/concession etc.

It would be fantastic if you could turn up in costume, and I do believe we have prizes for the best costume, or just for the hell of it.

7. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Just a quick question regarding the actual tickets themselves. When we go to the screening are we allowed to keep the tickets ?

Will they just check them and let us in or are the going to take them upon entry ?

8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    That I'm not sure about...
    I know when we had promotional tickets with Monsters Inc they were taken off us and we were told we could get them at the end of the movie, but then they never gave them back to us... I'll get Soup to check out what is happening with the tickets, and he'll get back to you.

9. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Thanks FA

10. MarkI

MarkI Former TFN Games Staff star 1 VIP

Jun 8, 2001
    I'd come along, but due to Uni on Thursday I've had to hold back and go to the 8.30pm screening at my local cinema (Southlands, if anyone is interested) on Thursday night. Sorry I can't make it, I'm sure it will be a great night. Pay up now, those who are yet to. Don't miss out on a great experience.

11. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just a note to those who are in Bunbury and would like to come. You can get a lift. My father-in-law is coming up for the screening and he said he'd be willing to give a lift to a couple of people. PM me if anyone's interested. I figure the 2 hour ride would be well worth it. :)

12. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks soneil :) Maybe that will get a few more people interested...

Come on people, I don't see the amount of tickets we have left dropping. Go out and ask a complete stranger if they want to come. Ask all your friends, hell... Grab a phone book and ring all the people in your school!! I don't care how it gets done, but we really need people willing to purchase tickets. Soup and myself have posted on every message board that we frequent in the hopes of generating more interest. We've asked people who are looking at the Ep2 figures etc if they want tickets. We don't have very long to get all the money in, and currently it is looking more and more like it might be cancelled. If you don't want that to happen, don't bother posting that on here, go out and do something about it!

PEOPLE WE HAVE ONE WEEK (7 DAYS) TO GET ALL THE MONEY TOGETHER.

13. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    Some people are almost laughable--the screening will be cancelled??(page 1) Not on your life.

Group bookings not allowed??? since when...

I've made a deal? yeah sure you have.

At least be honest heck you can book by credit card for opening night and NO Money has to be presented before hand.

As an edit--If most places are pre-booked with open night, why are these people not posting here? Most people these days have a computer-----you guys should take this chance and advertise in all cinema's rather than just be part of the crowd.

Just a thought :)

14. Magician

Magician Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    Laughable huh?
    laughable as someone who only comes out of lurk mode around here to stir crap like this whenever someone tries to organise something as a group?

Mutley, you are more than welcome to use your credit card and go watch the film with complete strangers, and as for your claim that DS should just be honest.
    He is, he has nothing to lie about, and he and FA have worked their asses off organising this so we are guaranteed of seeing this film in the best possible cinema without having to line up from the morning before.

Obviously you think DS is trying to rip ppl off, this is far from the truth, so far in fact, you're not even within cooie of the truth.
    Noone is making any money here except George Lucas.
    You obviously don't believe him, judging by the tone of your post, but neither does anyone really care what you think, you are nothing but a sour cow who has problems with anyone getting together off these boards to do anything.

Just get lost, ok?

15. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Mutley, I don't know who you are, and quite frankly I don't much care, but I will respond to your post with as much politeness as I can muster, seeing as I have just been called a thief and a liar, by a judgemental, paranoid delusional lurker.

"Some people are almost laughable--the screening will be cancelled??(page 1) Not on your life."

OUR screening has a good chance of being cancelled. WE have to come up with just under $5500 7 days before the screening, or OUR screening will not go ahead. That is part of the standard terms of agreement for Greater Union Cinema Hire.

"Group bookings not allowed??? since when..."

Group Bookings are technically allowed (as long as it does not book out an entire cinema, because that come under Cinema Hire regulations), but Cinema Hire is not under the distribution agreement made between Greater Union and Fox Distribution Australia. This is because Fox do not want people to be getting in to see it cheaper than the average Joe who lined up for his ticket. This is understandable.

"I've made a deal? yeah sure you have."

As we wanted to hire out a Cinema for a special, fan based, costumes, give-aways etc etc screening, I negotiated a deal with Greater Union, which was accepted by Fox, that said that we have to pay full price for the tickets instead of a discount bulk hire rate. If you doubt this deal give Greater Union Management a call. I won't give you thier number, in case you decide to try and accuse me of setting it all up when you are proven wrong. Look it up for yourself.

"At least be honest heck you can book by credit card for opening night and NO Money has to be presented before hand."

You just go ahead and try to book tickets for OUR screening via credit card, or try to get away without paying upfront. Hell, even go into Innaloo Greater Union and try to buy a ticket for Cinema 11. All they will do is tell you it is booked out by us, and in most cases, give out my mobile number..... we have sold quite a few tickets this way. Sure you can go see it at a substandard cinema, with a bunch of people who don't appreciate the movie as much as your average Star Wars geek, but I know where I would rather be. I organised this event, as the president of Outer Rim to give our members and other hardcore Star Wars fans the best possible viewing experience. Not to be doubted by someone who doesn't even bother to check the facts before accusing someone of lying and theft.

"If most places are pre-booked with open night, why are these people not posting here?"

Because if you had attempted to engage your brain before posting anything, you may have come up with the notion that maybe we advertised in places other than these boards. If you want an example of this check out Figures Direct
    Happy Now?

"you guys should take this chance and advertise in all cinema's rather than just be part of the crowd."

Actually we are. In addition to doing our own screening, and having a table with flyers and other info set up at the screening, a few of us are going in costume to other cinemas, a few hours before the movie starts to hand out flyers to people waiting in line to get in, to promote our club to other Star Wars fans who don't know about us.

In the future, check your sources before making very serious allegations towards people that you don't know anything about...... I have already spent over $200 of my own money organising all this and it looks like currently it may be all for nothing. Thank you for your great attempt at ****ing it up for all of us.

DS

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    hey DS. forgot that guy! I guess some people just arent polite and thankfull.
    If the screening gets cancelled what do we do with our tickets

17. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    If the screeing gets cancelled, you have already paid your money, and I will bulk purchase the tickets anyway for you. Just swap your ticket with me at the cinema on the night.

But I will post more info IF that happens...

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    PHEWW!!!!!! I was scared ****less. Nether the less, i still want more people to buy tickets. Come one!!! I dont think i can stress it even more

19. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    hmmm, wonder if i could scalp some tickets on the night..

(jj)

20. Jedi_Master_Peter

Jedi_Master_Peter Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    im new to this, but i would love to go this screening, if you could just PM me with all the detials, that would be great. thankz guys

21. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Were the any posters done for the screening. I know it was mentioned but I don't know if it was done. The reason I ask is beacuase I think you'd get a lot of interest by putting posters up around uni campuses.

22. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Unless someone else wants to fund it, we can't do that, if I spend anymore money on this I am either going to be unable to eat for a week, or not be able to afford my rent.....

23. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    Ok Jedi Master Peter , i've sent you the details of who to contact.

24. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well anyway, I'll probably have more people wanting tickets that what I booked tickets for so I'll send the excess straight to you DS.

25. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Just updating how many tickets we have left... At last count we have 36 tickets unsold, but we have someone coming around today to get more... And we also haven't heard how the people who booked 100 tickets are doing selling them, so that amount may change.

We also have the following people from these boards who still need to pay the money...

soneil - 28 tickets ($350.00)
    Stinky Jawa - 15 tickets ($187.50)
    SithLeia - 3 tickets ($37.50)
    DavidTBrookes - 1 ticket ($12.50)

Just a reminder that you only have till the end of this week to give us the money. :) Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.