main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY FanForce website (fftas.tk)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JawaPro, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JawaPro

JawaPro Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006

G'day all,

My name is Rob (Jawapro) and I have been working with Amaya_Unduli to develop a website for the FFTAS group.

I have taken the original design created by Amaya_Unduli and edited it, trying to make it look as good as I can (which isnt really very much). My skills in graphics and things arent all that hot.

Anyway - I have been working on the site, and now the thing we really need is content. Lots and lots of content.

So please take a look and let me know what you think, and please if you can be bothered, please take a while and write some content for some sections of the website. At the moment it's pretty bare.

If you have content, you can pm me and I'll give you my email address, unless someone has a better idea.

I also have questions about the "how to join" section, but hopefully I'll get some answers here or at the next meeting (where you migh be unlucky enough to actually meet me in person).

I have added some google ads to the site, as they give me a little bit of revenue occasionally and I'm supplying the hosting, but if that offends anyone please let me know.

You can test-drive the website at http://www.fftas.tk

So let me know what you guys think. Does it suck too badly?

2. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    I may not be member of the TasFF, but I do know a thing of two about web desgin adn I must say that it looks very respectable.

The graphics match nicely and it's not hard on the eyes.

The only suggestion I would make is that you need some photos in the site :)

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Great job, Jawa Pro! I'll tell them over at the CR's board and we'll get it linked up.

As for photos, we're working on that once Viceroy can get them developed.

Thanks again, Jawapro!

4. Viceroy_NuteGunray

Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    Website was excellent JawaPro. I'll have the photo's of our stand for O-Week developed ASAP and then you can post them up on the site.

5. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Thanks for the replies. And Katana has posted some info in a seperate thread, so I'll incorperate that into the site next chance I get.

I am more than happy to work on the website, but uni is keeping me pretty busy lately. So I might not get things done as quickly as I'd like to.

But please submit anything you can for the website. At the moment there's a lot of blank pages, and we want to fill them up.

Wether you want to submit something for the fanfic and fanart sections or if you want to write something about Tassie for that section, anything would be appreciated.

6. Rebel__Stormer

Rebel__Stormer Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    WebSite looks great JawaPro.

I designed and maintain the Hobart Star Wars Fan Club (Taz Jedi Force). If you need any help with graphics or web design then just let me know. And don't forget to check out our site/forums at www.tazjediforce.tk

Rebel Stormer/Jedi Master Rallek

7. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Thanks for that Stormer.

I havent had a chance to do much to the site lately - I've been flat out with my uni course. I cant wait for it to ease up a bit, but I cant see that happening anytime soonish.

I'm about to talk to my cousin who'd probably want to join the club, and he might have more time than me so he could help me do some of PHP I was planning to do to allow the admins to add news to the news part of the site. Havent talked to him yet - he might be as busy as I am.:oops:

Anyway - I'll have a proper look at your site when I can afford the time. But the first thing I noticed was that you have the adds from the dot.tk address still. Do you want to get rid of them? I support TK and am happy to advertise it, but I'd prefer to do it using ads I add to the site, not the ones they do. So if you want help getting rid of the ads just let me know.

Rob (Jawapro)

8. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    I may be able to help you out with the PHP scripts at the end of this week.

There are a few good news scripts you can use aswell, I'll try and catch you on MSN to give you a few ideas :)

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    We're going to host the photos on a photobucket account once Keygan gets them developed.

That way we can just remote link them and have the photos more accessible.

10. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    Any progress with the pictures?

Also - I had a play with the website yesterday. Slightly harder than I though - darn.

Do you want to be able to access minutes etc from old meetings, or just the current ones?

Same with events - do you want to be able to access info about multiple upcomming events (and past ones) or do you just want to be able to edit a section about upcomming events?

JP

11. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    Well, it may not seem important for us to have access to details of past events, but I know from checking out other FanForces that it can be handy to those who just want to know what we get up to.

It would be good for potential new members to be able to go back and see that we do have events, and see if it's what they're after. So maybe we could have the current stuff on the main page for the news/events and the rest archived?

12. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    I just wanted to appologize for my apparent lack of progress with improving the website.

I was working on a way to make it easy for you guys to update things, but it has been harder than I expected. I'll hopefully get it going soonish.

JP

13. JawaPro

Feb 19, 2006
    I dont know if you guys use the fftas.tk shortcut to get here or if you've all just bookmarked straight to the forums - but it appears that fftas.tk has got ads again :(

dot.tk has finally realised that I'd managed to disable them - I'll have to have another crack at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.