~FanForcePDX meeting May 25th, Broadway Metro~

Discussion in 'Oregon FanForce' started by WinduWasher, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

Okay, y'all, listen close... Since I know I, and hopefully the rest of you, already have tixx for the 16th, may I suggest we meet on the other big day this month...

Saturday, May 25th will be the 25th anniversary of the premiere of the movie which saved us all from being Trekkies... I feel this would be a great day for the lot of us to join up at the Broadway Metroplex, Downtown, in the early afternoon to enjoy the new movie and have the 1st meeting for FanForcePDX. Maybe then after the show, we may stroll on down to a Starbucks, grab a frappuccino, and quote our favorite lines from the saga.

Also... If you want to recieve updates in your email, send an email to FanForcePDX@attbi.com to be added to the mailing list.

Thanx,
    Dave
  2. CountBakufu Jedi Knight

star 2
    Cool, thsi thing may actually take off after all! Count me in.
  3. loganslay Jedi Knight

I will be there... bout time we get something up and running
  4. DoubleBladedSaber Jedi Padawan

Sounds like fun, count me in! For our next meeting we should find the nearest digital screening and make a roadie. :)
  5. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think I'm up to driving to Sacramento...

But there is rumour of AOTC being relased for IMAX... Let's just hope OMSI could land it...
  6. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I dunno. OMSI made no efforts to run Disney's Beauty and the Beast or Fantasia 2000 when they were running in Imax and both films ran for a while. We'll see if they foray into have motion pictures.

As for the meeting... I would love to join but I work Saturdays from 11 - 8... :(

-Tim
  7. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe, I am always free, weekdays or weekends, at least for a while longer, so this will be fine.

Just let me know!!! Send me an e-mail or whatever, or post the exact time we are meeting up, and I will be there. I don't go downtown much, don't care for it because I can't get around there, but I'll go down anyway. I like to see SW movies at different theaters for no real reason whatsoever, just so that I can say I have. :)

I saw TPM 50 times, 29 at Evergreen Parkway, 10 at the crappy second run theater Valley (near Jesuit High and in Beaverton), then 6 at Tigard, one at Eastport, 3 at Movies on TV, and one at Westgate.
  8. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Well, if we get a fan force together maybe we can petition OMSI. I'll see if I can come. I need to see AOTC at least 6 times 'cause I saw LOTR 5 times and I love SW more.

-IJedi
  9. LoadedWord Jedi Padawan

What time would this be going down? I'd love to go, but I have to work until 3. Any clue? Thanks.
  10. oregonjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    what do y'all think about doing this at the century eastport since it is a THX theater?
    -brent
  11. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

FYI: the meeting is to take place in the early afternoon... so whatever showing that starts closest to noon, and I think we should all meet up about an hour beforehand. Also... I would like to stick with meeting at Broadway, being that it is a central location and easy to access via public transportation. If were going to create an official Fan Force chapter, we need to make sure as many people can attend as possible. All those who won't be able to make the first meeting, should be taken in to consideration for the second meeting.

12. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe, I am sure I will get to at least 50 AOTC viewings. I have no exact goal right now, but I saw TPM 50 times in theaters and I would like to beat that goal.

I'll just keep seeing it until it's impossible to do so anymore. But last time, I was 16, I had no car, yet I still got to 50 (shame on people who only made it to 5 with a car!!! Haha, j/k). It'll be so easy to get to the theater this time, not even to mention that last time I was in high school, this time I'm taking a semester off college so I have plenty of time immediately upon its release. College is way easier than HS anyway, but without any school, hehe, super easy to get time.

Last time I saw TPM 4 times in 5 days, pretty weak, and this time I'm seeing AOTC 4 times in the first day alone.
  13. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Can we get a definate time and the address please?

-ImperialJedi
  14. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

I will have a definite time as soon as Regal posts the times for 5/25...
  15. Raiden Jedi Knight

star 1
  16. Jaya_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Kind of off the subject, but someone should make a Portland FF icon!
  17. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

If someone wants to make an icon, they can... but we haven't even had our first meeting, yet...
  18. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

Okay... now that the times are up for 5/25 on Fandango... we will be attending the 12noon showing at the Broadway Metroplex

I would like to ask that we all meet at the theater a little after 11am, so we can all get the chance to see each other in daylight and introduce ourselves before we all go in to a dark room together. ;)

If you are unable to make it that early, but still want to make an appearance, the show should get out between 2:30 and 2:45pm

After we leave the theater we can go discuss many things at length over a nice cold one.

-Dave
  19. Raiden Jedi Knight

star 1
    your mail doesn't work...
    -Raiden
  20. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Alright! Looks like Portland is ready to rock! Let me know how you want this event posted to the main FanForce.Net page. I want to get this up before the 25th! :D

(Just send me a PM on how you want it to look.) ;)
  21. JediApprentice21676 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Damn! I have to work on Sat. 25th! I guess I'll have to meet my fellow Star Wars enthusiasts on the second meeting. Hopefully its not in the too distant future. How often will there be meetings held? Oh, and fellow action figure collectors....I'm selling a HUGE chunk of my collection (POTF POTJ EpI etc.) I havent put any of it on eBay yet, and I've got quite a few sneaky rare figures to get rid of. Buy? TRADE!?! (sorry its off the subject) e-mail me: JediApprentice21676@fanforce.net
  22. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, I will be there in support, along with a friend who is a big Star Wars fan (he's seen AOTC 3 times so far, myself 9), so barring any unforeseen glitches or whatever, I should be there. I'm looking forward to getting in another viewing, but I don't want to say #10, because I may get #10 on Friday, and then that'd be #11 on Saturday :)

It's hard to say, lol.
  23. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I hope you guys make this happen and I hope you have a good time!!! I will be working hard!!! Or hardly working :p

Keep me posted on upcoming meetings and I'll try to make it.
  24. oregonjedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will also be unable to attend unfortunately, but I will be looking forward to the next meeting. Keep me posted Dave.
    Brent,
    marvelguy@msn.com
  25. ImperialJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I will be able to attend. I've only seen AOTC two times, but I look forward to seeing it again.

-IJedi
    ,: )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.