main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC FanForcers Gathering ~ Friday, May 31st... Details Inside

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey guys!
    I figured we should have another meeting (and yes, this was ran by the proper authorities before hand ;) ) and got the brilliant idea of us going out to eat and then going to shoot some pool. So here's my
    Friday, May 31st at 6:30pm at TGI Friday's (5371 E. Independence Blvd). We all get
    some dinner and have a good time. From there, about 8:00 to 8:30, we head over to a Pool Hall (say Rack 'Em?) and shoot some pool. Or we could just hit up Rebel Base comics in the TGI Friday's parking lot ;) ~ I'm going to be picky, though. Last time I appeared at a meeting, I had one person show up... So this time around, I want confirmation from 3 people about coming by Monday. Call me at home or send me a PM on the boards... I've been guilty of not showing up for meetings myself, but we're a group. If I don't hear from at least 3 of y'all (and you'll know, I'll be calling those people who plan on showing up :p ), then it'll be cancelled. So let's get together as one and have a good ol' time :D

So how does this all sound? Y'all up for it? Well, if you are, let me know :)

Thanks, y'all :D

2. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    *waves* The "proper authorities" checking in... ;)

Anyway, I can't make it to this meeting due to my husband's younger brother's high school graduation the next day, out of town, so Riding is filling in his former duty as City Rep this time, and I'll see you guys at the next meeting whenever you decide to set it. (Except for a couple of workshops, I am free of job duties for a couple of months after June 7--YEA! :D )

But anyway, I hope at least three people are going to PM Riding or call him. If, by chance, some of you have my number and don't have his (I don't think that's anybody, but just in case), then call me and I'll pass the message along.

Also, I mentioned this in the newsletter, but just in case some of you didn't get it (or don't read your e-mail): June 5 is National Hunger Awareness Day, and Riding and I thought it would be nice if each member of our chapter donated $5.88 worth of nonperishable food--the amount of a Star Wars action figure--to a local food bank. Just bring the food items to the next meeting.

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Also, I mentioned this in the newsletter, but just in case some of you didn't get it (or don't read your e-mail): June 5 is National Hunger Awareness Day, and Riding and I thought it would be nice if each member of our chapter donated $5.88 worth of nonperishable food--the amount of a Star Wars action figure--to a local food bank. Just bring the food items to the next meeting.
    -- Yes, concerning that, if we do have a meeting, please bring the correct amount of food. Well, anything is nice. It's for a charitable cause. I can take the food to Tracy, and she can take it wherever it needs be taken (ha, gunna still make you do some work after all ;) ). Also, we'll probably go into discussing our mid to late June meeting... and of course we're going to be discussion AotC :D

Hope to hear from some of y'all :)

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    You guys get to play pool? Lucky, my group just meets and B&N and gets funny looks from the people in the store.

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    We get funny looks from people where we go to... Try telling a waitress that you're with the Charlotte Separatists, the local Star Wars FanForce and that if anyone else comes looking for us for her to point us out...
    Most of them think we're crack heads ;)

6. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Yeah, and try doing just that whilst dressed in full Queen Amidala gear! Yipe! Well, they thought I was from a wedding, whew! (the white ceremonial dress thingy)

Anyhoo, I plan to be there - next Friday, right? I work just round the bend from it so I'll probably goof off til time and then show up.

Funny story about the Rebel Base shop though -- for like 6 months I tried to go there, but couldn't find it. I was always asking people, "where is the Rebel Base?" : D (I amuse way too easily!)

7. CaroselThePimp

CaroselThePimp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Alrighty. So we need two more people to say they're in... I just get tired of things where nobody shows... then again, maybe that's just me ;) :p

And I never knew where Rebel Base was either... Always wanted to go... So one night, Clay shows me where it's at and I felt so stupid.. Rock n Roll Emporium, one of my favorite stores ever, is right nextdoor! :D

8. ole_okey_doke

ole_okey_doke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Hi guys!

I'd like to go, but I'm taking Bonnie out for our (very belated) birthday dinner.

Sorry about that!

9. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    No worries, Clay ;)

Oh, and I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but here I go again ~ Happy birthday :D

Make sure you tell that to Bonnie for me, also.

10. Maul403

Maul403 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    I'm new on these forums. I'm from Hickory and I'd like to come is that ok?

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Sure! :)
    If you need directions, send me a Private Message and we can get you set with some driving information.

Oh and Welcome to the boards :D

12. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Hi Maul403! :) Look forward to meeting you at the next meeting!

Riding: How many damn socks do you have? :p

13. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, I've got CloneCarosel and CaroselThePimp... they're both used for when I get Mafia! banned :p

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Well, since there was lack of support for this meeting... it's been cancelled. Sorry to all those who were wanting to come :(

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I wanted to come, but alas, I live someplace else. :(

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Now is it that you want to come because of me or because of what we do at our meetings? ;) :D

17. Iwannabekenobi

Iwannabekenobi Jedi Master star 1

May 21, 2002
    i hope to be there on may 31 thankx for let us know ....... see u around

18. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Julio, looks like this meeting was cancled.

That stinks.

But maybe another meeting will be set up soon.

19. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    you guys do stuff at your meetings. Course my fanforce chapters are just starting out and we are still trying to get to know everyone.

20. Iwannabekenobi

May 21, 2002
  21. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Our group is still small, and we have a hard time getting together (as seen in this thread). So I figured a good time would draw people in, but I guess not. [face_plain]

Oh well. Jangoshootyou and I are going to see AotC tomorrow nite. So at least I get to do something SW related ;) :p

22. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well I get to see it on Saturday with my fanforce chapter. :D Okay one of my chapters. I know I'm special I can go to more than one.

23. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Hey, I could be in more than one! I'm welcome in more tha just Charlotte... I'm close friends with people who are founding other FanForcers in this area :D

24. Iwannabekenobi

May 21, 2002
    Hey who want to see ATOC again !!!!!!!! just let me know , and tell me if the meeting still on !!!! thankx

25. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    The meeting is cancelled, but I'm open for seeing AotC again. Saturday I'll be gone almost all day, and Friday I've got plans to see it, though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.