main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fangirl Footnotes (UDC 4) ~*~ Complete! ~*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Title: Fangirl Footnotes
    Author: Jedi Trace
    Timeframe: Various, mostly Beyond
    Characters: Various
    Genre: Star Wars
    Summary: Written for the Ultimate Drabble Challenge #4

A/N: I haven't written much lately - been a little burned out - so this is my attempt to drag the muse kicking and screaming from her comfy little hole. Please pardon the rust. @};- (Unbeta'd, so all boo-boos are mine, and I'm sure there will be plenty.)

Week 1: Mara, OC, Luke
    Week 2: Skywalkers
    Week 3: Ganner Krieg
    Week 4: Various
    Week 5: Zayne, Jarael
    Week 6: Mynock crew
    Week 7: Mara Jade
    Week 8: Luke, Tionne, Ben
    Week 9: Morrigan Corde
    Week 10: Talon, Shada
    Week 11: Artoo, various
    Week 12: Celeste, Zayne, Cade
    Week 13: Luke, Mara, Ben
    Week 14: Starkiller/Juno
    Week 15: Various AUs
    Week 16: Skywalker family
    Week 17: Jariah, Deliah
    Week 18: Deliah Blue
    Week 19: Cade, Mara
    Week 20: Various

PM list:
    Ceillean
    Jade_eyes
    NYCitygurl
    kataja
    Jade_Pilot
    VaderLVR64
    hyperspace_police

[b]Week 1: [i]Green[/i][/b]

(Mara, OC, Luke)

[b]Flash in the pan[/b]

"Oooh...[i]fancy[/i]."

"Quiet," Mara Jade snapped, working the tip of her lightsaber around the delicate edge of a ticking incendiary device.

"Time is a factor, Jade."

"I said, quiet!" A bead of sweat dripped from Mara's forehead, splash-hissing on her blade. One more slice exposed the tangled wire innards and she cut the fuse, sitting back on her heels with a sigh of relief.

"Shall I applaud?" a voice asked dryly. "I suppose Master Skywalker taught you that in your [i]private [/i] sessions."

"Look, Greer," Mara stood abruptly, facing the younger woman. "If you have a problem with me, just say it!"

[b]Out on a limb[/b]

"Yeah, I have a problem." Greer planted her fists firmly on her slim hips. "I've been studying here with Master Skywalker for years. [i]Years[/i]! And I just now passed my trials. You show up and get Knighted in what? A month?"

"It's a little more involved than that," Mara answered, forcing calm into her voice.

"Involved," Greer snorted, cutting her off. "What'd you do - sleep your way into the Order?"

"[i]What[/i]?"

"You heard me. Everyone knows you got your Knighthood in the Master's bed."

"Everyo-" Mara sputtered. "We're engaged!"

Greer stomped away, almost hiding the jealousy in her eyes.

[b]Out of the blue[/b]

Mara slammed the door to Luke's office. "I can't work with Greer."

"We've talked about this Mara," Luke answered, thumbing through files in his desk drawer. "I know she can be difficult, but she trained with CorSec and she's the best person for this job."

"She has a crush on you."

Luke's hands froze over the files. "Say again?"

"She has. A crush. On you."

Wordlessly, Luke sat back in his chair.

"Oh, don't look at me like that. Did you honestly think that you - the most eligible bachelor in the sector - would not have female admirers among your students?"

[b]Wet behind the ears[/b]

Footsteps pounded in pursuit across the rooftop and Greer skidded to a halt at the edge, the folds of her cloak billowing in the violent winds. The stairway was in shambles and there was no way off the roof - just a sheer drop fifty stories down. "We're trapped!" she screamed into the night.

"Hold on!" A strong arm grabbed her and she was falling, the duracrete side of the buil

2. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Nifty stuff, Trace. :D Honestly, as many fans as have brought up the "Mara slept her way to Knighthood" angle, it'd be surprising if Mara didn't face it in-universe. And I'm sure there were more than a few women who had a crush on Luke, too. Combine the two, and you'd get quite an uncomfortable situation for Mara. Not that she'd let it stop her from doing whatever she wanted to. :p I like how you have Luke all startled and speechless by it, too. Very in character for him. Sometimes he's a little oblivious. :p

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Gabri: I felt a little guilty using that old standard anti-Jedi Mara sentiment, but it was kinda fun, too. [face_blush] And, like you said, not that it would deter Mara in the least. ;) Glad you liked Luke. He's such a guy sometimes. :oops: Thanks for reading! [:D]

It was a slow night at work, so I got to catch up. [face_grin]

[b]Week 2: [i]Skywalker Plus One[/i][/b]

(Luke/Mara, Ben/?, Nat/Droo, Kol/Morrigan, Cade/...Azlyn - yeah, you read that right)

[b]Impossible[/b]

Kol Skywalker stared at his wife in disbelief, a snake of cold horror winding through his gut. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying," she answered hoarsely, "that it's time for me to leave. This isn't working and we both know it. I've been called back to the Empire...and there's no place for me in your Jedi life."

"No [i]place?[/i]" Kol took her arm, pulling her away from the viewport. "We made promises to each other. We have a [i]son.[/i] We can make it work, Morrigan."

She shook her head slowly. "I wish I could believe that."

[b]Unlikely[/b] (Spoilers for Legacy issue #34)

They'd been teenagers when he'd called her his girl. Perched high in their tree, he'd given her the purple flower that she'd wrapped around her finger, the symbol of a promise they'd sworn they weren't too young to make.

He stared at her now. She wasn't a beauty like the woman waiting for him back on the ship, but she was warm and familiar and she was supposed to be his. She wasn't supposed to be dying in bacta, ready to join the Force.

Kark it, she was supposed to be [i]his![/i] Cade Skywalker slammed his fist through the wall.

[b]Reasonable[/b]

It was only logical, Ben Skywalker reasoned. They'd been friends for years and it was just a dance. A charity event to benefit orphans of the war. It wasn't like it was a [i]date[/i] or anything.

He picked up the comm, was promptly overcome by thirst, and put it back down to gulp an entire container of water.

All right, he shook himself and picked up the comm again. She's just a friend...who happened to be pretty...and she already told him she wanted to go. So just ask her, right?

If only the comm would stop shaking in his hand.

[b]Probable[/b]

"You don't have to look so smug, Skywalker," Mara said from the corner, sipping a vial of bubbling water.

Luke stood before the full length mirror with his shoulders squared and rocked on his toes as the taylor made final adjustments to his wedding suit.

"It's not like you [i]knew[/i] I would say 'yes'."

"Oh, I knew," Luke grinned.

"Did not. I absolutely saw you sweating."

"That was mist from the lake."

"I think the suit has made you senile."

"But you have to admit - it looks good."

She embraced him from behind. "Like you were born for it."

[b]Definite[/b]

"So here's how it is, Droo."

She gazed up at the burly man with unkept white hair sticking out of his cap.

"I love ya and I want to spend my life with you. I wanna raise your daughter as mine and us to be a family. But you need to know: I got baggage."

"We all got baggage, Den."

"Name's not Den. It's Nat. Nat [i]Skywalker.[/i] And I'm a wanted man."

His hands trembled around hers and his eyes were wary - afraid that she would walk away but imploring her to stay. And she loved him even more.

4. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

This was Luke. Perfectly. I can just see him sitting there, wide-eyed and scratching his head. :D Also reminds me of me and hubby's best friend. I told him to go buy this girl (a co-worker and a friend of mine) a drink. He was like "Wha?" I'm like "She likes you go talk to her." He did. O:) They're married now.

I can't believe you wrote Cade/Azlyn. [face_hypnotized] :eek: And I liked it. [face_thoughtful] Is that wrong of me?

[face_laugh]

=D= Nice work, Trace. And the muse doesn't look even a bit rusty.

CJM

5. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
  6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL on Mara sleeping her way into Knighthood. I bet some would think that, too. Loved the OC. Well done!

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    "She has a crush on you."

Luke's hands froze over the files. "Say again?"

"She has. A crush. On you."

Wordlessly, Luke sat back in his chair.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] How Luke finds this hard to believe, I don't get. He is a cute guy. [face_mischief]:p

---

I must pick up the Legacy Comics again! My favorite of the second week drabbles, honestly. Very mysterious. Yep -- need to read more comics. ;)

Would you PM me when you update, please? [face_batting]

8. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    These were all brilliant.

I love the way you write Luke & Mara together, and the Legacy stuff, of course, but I think my favorite was Reasonable. Ben is adorable. I just want to give him a huge hug.

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice job, Trace! I like your character of Greer. I need something to get the rust out of my muse, too. Maybe...hmm. What week is this? LOL

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

Your L&M is spot on as usual and your dialogue... oh how I adore the wit of it!!! [face_dancing] Greer is so the kind of fangirl student I can see at the Academy. But Mara won her respect at the end. :* :* Could I have PMs? [face_batting] *rust, uh huh.* [face_love] [face_love]

11. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooot! =D= I am so glad you're drabbling!!! Great beginning-can't wait for more!

Well done! =D=

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    These are fantastic Trace! I loved your Luke/Mara it was perfect.

And Cade's POV on the whole Azlyn thing. I know it was as hard for him as it was for you to write.

[face_peace]

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are great! I especially love the first set :D Do you have a PM list?

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh nice little drabbles! Love Lukie finding out that one of his students had a crush on him. Very cute!

15. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    OOOOHHH!!! these were great!!!
    The finer subtleties of the Legacy era characters were lost on me but the first five were adorable (I loved Greer's gutts to say what many certainly thought - and Mara's reactions! - this could easily be built to something more than drabbles, you know *wink, wink*) while Probable was my absolute favourite!!! Loved to see Luke so cocky - and Mara allowing him for once [face_laugh] :p

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    CJM: Also reminds me of me and hubby's best friend. I told him to go buy this girl (a co-worker and a friend of mine) a drink. He was like "Wha?" I'm like "She likes you go talk to her." He did. They're married now.

LOL!! Same thing happened with my friend Nicki (TNPredsFan). My husband had to call her now-boyfriend and convince him to ask her out. Boys. *shakes head* ;)

I can't believe you wrote Cade/Azlyn. And I liked it. [face_thoughtful] Is that wrong of me?

... I know, right? This is what happens when I drag the muse out of bed - she gets an attitude. (I really hate her sometimes.)

You'll notice it wasn't romantic, though. [face_mischief] Couldn't go there. Just couldn't. ;)

Thanks! :D

Darthrevan4ever: Thank you! :)

diane: LOL on Mara sleeping her way into Knighthood. I bet some would think that, too. Loved the OC. Well done!

Ah yes, it's been a favorite claim of Mara-haters forever. :oops: Thank you so much! :D

Ceillean: I must pick up the Legacy Comics again!

Yes, you must! *waves hand Jedi mind trick style*

Would you PM me when you update, please?

I'd be happy to. Thank you! :D

karebear: Ben is adorable. I just want to give him a huge hug.

I know! I just love him. I'm going to have to break down and read the new FotJ series - or at least skim it to read his parts. [face_blush]

Thank you, gal! [:D]

diva: I like your character of Greer.

Thank you! :D She just kinda...showed up while I was getting ready for work yesterday. Maybe she'll bring friends for the next 19 weeks, LOL.

Jade_eyes: Greer is so the kind of fangirl student I can see at the Academy.

LOL! I would totally be a Luke fangirl [face_love], but I doubt I could muster Greer's sarcasm in front of Mara.

Could I have PMs?

Sure thing! Thank you! :D

Jade_Pilot: I am so glad you're drabbling!!! Great beginning-can't wait for more!

Thank you so much, lady! You're too sweet. [:D]

PIPER: These are fantastic Trace! I loved your Luke/Mara it was perfect.

Awww....thanks! [:D]

And Cade's POV on the whole Azlyn thing. I know it was as hard for him as it was for you to write.

The things I do for that man. *humph* Bless it, he really did look pitiful, though. And as much as I berated Azlyn for poaching, she really doesn't deserve what's happening to her. *sigh*

Nat: I especially love the first set

Thanks! It was a lot of fun. ;)

Do you have a PM list?

I can! I'll add you. :)

padawan lunetta: Love Lukie finding out that one of his students had a crush on him. Very cute!

Thank you! Glad you liked. :)

kataja: (I loved Greer's gutts to say what many certainly thought - and Mara's reactions! - this could easily be built to something more than drabbles, you know *wink, wink*)

I like her! She may make more appearances. ;)

Loved to see Luke so cocky - and Mara allowing him for once

I figure she has to indulge him every now and then. Thank you so much! I?m glad you enjoyed them.:D

[b]Week 3: [i]Final Straw[/i][/b]

(Ganner Krieg - spoilers for the VECTOR issues of [i]Legacy[/i])

[b]Truth[/b]

Reaching behind the chestplate of his crimson armor, Ganner Krieg pulled out the holo he?d kept there for three? ? four years? It was Azlyn, smiling in the sunlight.

Three? Four days? Was that how long it had been since he?d seen her? He?d heard the clash of lightsabers first, then shouts. Azlyn and Skywalker. He ran to her, but they weren?t fighting when he arrived. She was in his arms, locked in a lover?s embrace. The embrace she?d withheld from Ganner, though he?d have given his life for her.

She might as well have

17. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Very nice drabbles! I have no idea who Ganner Krieg is, so I am assuming this is far future, maybe?

18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    You're a rocket, girl!!! You had these up in no time and yes--they ROCK! =D= What is it about bad boys and their affect on wimmen?? ;)

Well done! =D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic set!!

=D=
    Loved the connectedness of one to the next.

:D

20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Loved these! Truth was my favorite. I love the rhythm you bring in your writing. Each drabble is so perfectly balanced.

=D==D=

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Love

And now they had taken her. That blue-skinned Jedi and Skywalker. They had taken her from him and he was powerless once again.

But it would not always be so. Ganner ran his finger over his lightsaber?s activation switch and let the anger build, no longer keeping his heart in check.

He?d find her and get her back. And if Skywalker had caused her any pain with just one of his filthy hands?

Draco appeared, no doubt sensing his anger. ?Ganner, what -?

?If he?s harmed her.? Ganner thumbed the silver blade of his saber to life. ?I?ll kill him.?

=D= Loved them all, but this was my favorite.

22. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    So great to see you back, girl!! [:D] I loved your drabbles the last time you did them and I'm so looking forward to reading them again.

Week 1 was great--but I just couldn't give up my cache of Lukie pics, not even for Mara. (Unless she beat them out of me. Maybe. ;))

I just love how your words flow and fit together, gal. You know you're one of my most favorite authors in any fandom. Can't wait for more! :D

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor Ganner!! He's waited so long, and she hasn't even noticed :(

24. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Still haven't read Legacy, but you sure trigger my interest - again!

25. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Wonderful!

Breaks my heart to see someone so ready to cut up my boy Cade, but you really did Ganner justice here. He's definitely the type of guy you'd want to have your back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.