main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fangirl Footnotes (UDC 4) ~*~ Complete! ~*~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi Trace, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    His ignition, and everything else, worked just fine and the sun was coming up in the sky when we peeled ourselves from the back seat of his speeder.

OMG. Deliah, you are incorrigible. A flirt, a tease, and an adventurer.[face_shame_on_you]

And I wish I was you.[:D]

2. GamorreanGirl

GamorreanGirl Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2009
  3. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    argh, I'm sorry I've gotten so behind again!!

You've put so much great work into all these weeks. It's easy to see why you've just recently won so many awards! [:D]

'In Other Words' was very interesting to read, with all the AU pairings that could have taken place. And I laughed until I couldn't over "Psychology of Skywalkers". Great work, gal!!

4. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    I had written a fairly long and detailed response to the excellence of these past two sets and then lost it o_O

Suffice it to say, great as always! [face_peace]

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Vadey: Loved them all!

Thank you! :D

Jade_eyes: Great set. Deliah's always raring to go... and of course the men aren't exactly reluctant either LOL

Well, she IS a Zeltron. It's genetic. ;)

Ceillean: Deliah's getting it on, huh? I know the feeling of getting all giddy when new eye-candy's in the vicinity. Great set!

You know teenagers and their affinity for the back seats of cars...or....speeders. [face_mischief] Thank you!

kataja: Ah, interesting peek at Deliah's background here. Very interesting, especially her relationship with her mom.

Thank you! :D I love playing in this corner of the sandbox, even if my sandcastles eventually get knocked over by canon.

The lovely little romance, makes me recall when I was young - though things seems so light and easy on Zeltros, don't they? Do I sense an undercurrent of something else, though - or is it just me?

It's possible. I don't think she's typical for her species in some ways and even the books have mentioned some un-Zeltron-like qualities about her, mainly in the attachment department.

BJ: Loved them! Great Job!

Thanks for the pm

No problem! Glad you liked, gal. :D

RebelMom: Ha! I found this on the right day. *note to self - Tuesdays*

LOL! Sometimes. This next week just wouldn't come out, for some reason.

divapilot: OMG. Deliah, you are incorrigible. A flirt, a tease, and an adventurer.

And I wish I was you.

:D Right there with ya, lady! I'll sign up to be Deliah in my next life. (If we can maybe skip that whole Vong-forming thing and just stick to the good times with the boyz.) [:D]

GamorreanGirl: Thanks! :D

ginchy: argh, I'm sorry I've gotten so behind again!!

Girl, I'm thrilled to see you anytime that you can make it over here. [face_love]

'In Other Words' was very interesting to read, with all the AU pairings that could have taken place. And I laughed until I couldn't over "Psychology of Skywalkers". Great work, gal!!

Thank you so much! [:D]

karebear: I had written a fairly long and detailed response to the excellence of these past two sets and then lost it Suffice it to say, great as always!

Doncha hate it when that happens. *frustrating* But thank you! I appreciate it. :D

(I'm pressed for time and won't get PMs out this week. Sorry!)

[b]Week 19: [i]Ghosts[/i][/b]

(Cade, Mara)

[b]Forever[/b]

Flopping on his bunk, Cade sneered at the shimmering figure in the corner. "What do YOU want?"

"Nice to see you again, too," Mara answered, taking a seat on a worn out lounger. "You don't mind, do you?"

"Like I can say no," Cade grumbled at the ceiling. "Lemme guess? Luke's tired of lecturing me, so he sent you?"

"Actually, no. But now that I'm here, I think I'll stay a while. Nice thing about forever is that there's no hurry to be anywhere." Leaning against the wall, she propped her boots up on a dusty crate. "Let's talk, Skywalker."

[b]Always[/b]

"Talk, huh?" He grunted. "I know what you're going to say. I've had these 'talks' before and they're always -"

"You don't [i]know[/i] anything, son. Now, shut up and listen," she interrupted. "You did good."

"Look, lady, I -" The retort died on his tongue, replaced by a look of confusion. "What?"

"Big, bad pirate can't take a compliment?" Mara smirked. "I said you did good, against Darth Krayt and Lord Muur. You could have turned to the dark side and had the power to rule the entire galaxy if you wanted, but you didn't. Not everyone can say that."

[b]Never[/b]

He stared at her, trying to figure out if she was joking, but her expression remained serious. Finally, he mumbled, "I hate Sith. Would never join them. Don't want anything to do with them."

"Now, [i]tha

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Oh, wow, wow, wow!!! :eek: =D= =D= :D
    So much Mara, so much Cade! Brilliant!!! [face_dancing] Why can't this be canon!??!
    Take that, Cade!!!

And why can't it be you who writes Mara as a force ghost every time she's needed???
    [face_praying] [face_praying]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very very unique! And in character.

Bravo!!!!

=D=

=D=

8. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Yes! How perfect to have Mara talk to Cade. Sometimes it seems like she's the only one with a chance of getting through to him, having seen exactly where that road he's following leads AND having successfully found her own way off a similar path. She may be one of the more functional members of the Skywalker clan. Plus, she's got the ability to toss that sarcastic edge right back at him, which may be the only way to force him to hear the serious things that are actually being said. I feel like this conversation would go a LONG way toward helping Cade out, if it were canon.

=D=

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [:D] Yes, ma'am. There's our girl, tellin' it like it is. I love how straight forward she is with Cade--I don't know him but assume he'd respond to nothing less. The parallel between her and Ben and Cade and his father is very powerful. Excellent, lady!!!

10. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Great job as usual!

11. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999

kataja: So much Mara, so much Cade! Brilliant!!! Why can't this be canon!??! Take that, Cade!!!

Thank you! [face_blush] [:D] They really do have a lot in common - he's probably just like the post-ROTJ pre-TTT Mara that we've not really seen much of - both struggling with bitterness and how to find their place in the world. I think several of us have mentioned that Mara needs to have a talk with Cade over in the EUC thread. Maybe it'll put a bug in John and Jan's ears. ;)

Jade_eyes: Very very unique! And in character.

Thank you! :)

karebear: Sometimes it seems like she's the only one with a chance of getting through to him, having seen exactly where that road he's following leads AND having successfully found her own way off a similar path.

Exactly! I don't think it's any coincidence that many of the hardcore Cade fans are also hardcore Mara fans. Cade was a few years younger than Mara when his world fell apart, but I think they shared a lot of the same damage and abandonment issues.

Plus, she's got the ability to toss that sarcastic edge right back at him, which may be the only way to force him to hear the serious things that are actually being said.

Yes, she does. [face_mischief] Luke and Kol are too nice to him. (Be interesting to hear what Morrigan has to say, though. ;))

ginchy: Yes, ma'am. There's our girl, tellin' it like it is. I love how straight forward she is with Cade--I don't know him but assume he'd respond to nothing less. The parallel between her and Ben and Cade and his father is very powerful.

[:D] He's got her stubborn streak, that's for sure. ;) And I actually did not make the connection between Mara dying for Ben and Kol dying for Cade until I was writing these. The parallel is kinda spooky.

h_p: Thank you, gal! :D

[b]A/N[/b]: This is it! *does exhausted happy dance* HUGE thanks to the lovely people behind [b]Fattooine[/b] for organizing and running another fantastic UDC! [face_applause] And thank you SO much to everyone who has followed my drabbling and been kind enough to stop by and leave such nice comments. [face_hugs]

[b]A/N2[/b]: This week is Choose Your Own and [b]divapilot[/b] has been teasing me for months about writing a shopping list, so here it is. Told ya I'd do it! [face_tongue] [face_love]

[b]Week 20: "Careful the wish you make. Wishes come true...not free." ~ [i]Into the Woods[/i] by Stephen Sondheim [/b]

(Various)

[b] Milk [/b]

Sitting in the kitchen, Luke gulped a glass of blue milk to hide his rage. What right did Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru have to tell him that he couldn't go out with his friends? Everyone was meeting at Tosche station tonight - everyone! He'd be the only one there because he had stupid chores to do. Stupid vaporators. Stupid droids. Stupid farm. "I wish I didn't live here! I wish I lived with someone else!" He shouted in anger.

Staring at the scorched and broken skeletons in front of his burning home, he'd have given anything to have them back.

[b]Fruit[/b]

Mara gazed listlessly through the viewport watching the stars streak by. One year. Her baby boy was one year old today. She remembered everything: the miraculous discovery that she was pregnant, the immediate and fierce protectiveness she felt for the tiny being in her womb, the agony and exhaustion of fighting her illness to keep him safe, and the joy - the pure, unadulterated joy she'd felt when they placed the healthy baby in her arms.

Discarding a tasteless dried berry husk, she sent a holo of her and Luke to the Maw where their son waited in someone else's care.

[b]Meat[/b]

"Don't want to be a Jedi," young Cade Skywalker mumbled, picking at his gizka steak.

Kol looked up sharply. "What did you say?"

"I said I don't want to do this," he glared at his father. "It's hard and everyone else is better than me. I can't get it right.?

"You have a duty, son. You belong here at the Academy."

"Kriff

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Trace those were wonderful, of course. :D I've enjoyed every single week. Thank you so much!

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh, Trace, these were beautiful!!! You are such a talented writer. @};-

Thank you for such wonderful drabbles all these weeks. =D= =D= =D= =D=

14. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Girl, I love "Into The Woods", it is my favorite musical!

And holy cow... the emotions present in this set were so powerful. I think I may have lost my breath and/or cried a little. A wonderful wrap to the challenge. =D=

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, I got really behind [face_blush] Sorry about that!!

Catching up:

Week 7

No Turning Back - Aww!!

No Backing Down - go Mara!!

Nowhere to Run - But you can't run from what is inside you. Very moving line!!

No Place to Hide - That's the problem with truth. You can't un-know it. I really like this line too. And I like Mara struggling over whether or not to find out what happened to her.

Week 8

A Little Bit of This - [face_laugh] I love the "right before they get chopped off again" bit :D

Anything But that - Aww, I love the idea of Mara and Tionne being friends and Tionne hhelping Mara out with Ben.

Not For Nothing - :_|

Everything Else - It's really sweet of Luke to go in and be with her like that [face_love]

What Matters Most - Aww!! [face_love]

Week 9

Necklace and Watch - Aww, I think that's sweet. even though she left, Morrigan still loves Cade.

Belt - [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Ring - :_| [face_love]

Week 10

One - [face_laugh] [face_love] Very cute!!

Two - Aww!!!

Three - Oh my :D

Four - Oh, that's so sweet!!

Five - [face_laugh] [face_love]

Great set!! The boards need more Karrde/Shada :D

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Maybe

"Maybe not," she answered. "We're a lot alike, me and you. Took me a long time to figure out who I wanted to be and even longer to decide to serve something bigger than myself. So tell me something, Skywalker. Drugs, liquor, women - is that really all you want out of life?"

"It's enough," he glared. "Haven't found anything better."

"I think you have," she answered quietly. "The memory of your father haunts you. He died for that something better. For you."

He looked over and her gaze had grown distant. "I know a little something about that, too."

This is Cade. Perfectly portrayed. Loved it! =D=

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Week Eleven

Bite the Bullet - [face_laugh] Luke's such a baby, but I love it :D

Break the Ice - I love the fact that Artoo said Cade flies liike a maniac made Syn stop threatening him :D And the "says he belongs to Cade" bit reminds me of ANH :D

Knock on Wood - Aww :)

Off the Hook - [face_laugh] Poor messenger :D

Back Seat Driver - [face_laugh] The last line made me snort :D And I love that Luke rigged Artoo something and that Artoo is still defending him :)

Week Twelve

Really powerful, and really sad. I feel sorry for her. But I love the last line, Zayne calling for her [face_love]

Nice progression through time too :D

Week Thirteen

That is so, so sad :( I do love Ben, though - his naming the baby and knowing when the baby died. And I like the tie to Kol - that Ben names his son (I assume that Kol is Ben's son?) after the brother he lost.

Week Fourteen

:_| That was so sad!! Very very good, too, I particularly like Lingering (sad at the end, but so lovely) and Murmuring, especially the last line: Most of all, she hoped that the future would be a place where Galen Marek could have lived in peace.

Week Fifteen

Restrained - Oh my! :eek:

Controlled - Eeew :( I'm glad this one didn't happen.

Defined - Wow!! But really sweet, too :)

Resolved - :eek:

Unlimited - yikes

You know, I'm glad these are all AU 8-}

Week Sixteen

First of all, I love the way this starts. And also, you could totally turn this into a short story, Jerry Springer-style 8-}

I love this line: "Sure. They," Anakin glared down the row, "say everything is my fault." I literally started laughing out loud :D

Cade made an awesome entrance (of course) :D And I love Kol's point :D

I love the twist on the bouncers - not being able to subdue anyone since every has lightsabers :D

And [face_laugh] The end was great.

Best. Drabble. Set. EVER :D

Week Seventeen

Aww, this was so sweet!! I like Jariah's growing feelings for Deliah and that she eventually lets herself return them :)

Week Eighteen

Woohoo!! Love it :D

Week Nineteen

I really love the Mara/Cade conversation. If anyone is able to knock sense into Cade, it's Mara. I like her brutal honesty and the way she answered the "was it worth it" question, but I think my favorite part was when she said being a Jedi wasn't everything. Totally Mara :D

Week Twenty

Milk - :( Poor Luke!!

Fruit - Aww!! But it's so sad that she had to send Ben away to safety, like Leia and Han did with their kids.

Meat - Wow.

Water - "You're a stupid head! A big, fat stupid head!" [face_laugh] But poor Jaina - I love the after (I assume it's either just pre- or sometime post-killing Jacen).

Cloth - Aww, so sweet!! [face_love]

Love them all!! Some more than others, and 16 was my favorite :D Congrats on finishing!!! :D

18. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Week 20 ... wow... I actually have tears in my eyes, especially beause of Water.

Awesome. =D=

And I simply loved Week 19. Lovely Mara.

You did such a great job here, with all your sets. :)
    I shall keep a look out for your stories from now on. :p

=D=

19. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Milk - Oh, I could so vividly imagine Luke's pain here. You never know what to morrow will bring! I'm sure he'd carry that bad conscience with him for years to come! :(

Fruit - To be away from her child like this must be hard to any mother, but for Mara to whom motherhood was such a different experience from anything she'd had before, it must have been even worse somehow.

Meat - oh dear, this keeps getting worse :( What a terrible and brutal universe I'm a fan of!

Water - :( :_|

Cloth - Aww, this was beautiful!!! Yes, exactly that muts have gone through Anakins head right there! Perfect!!! =D= [:D]

Truly a worthy last set! Congratulations on completing the challenge! And thank you for beriching my life with your amazing writing!

20. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Jade_eyes: Trace those were wonderful, of course. I've enjoyed every single week.

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking time to reply each week, even when you weren?t familiar with the characters. :D

divapilot: Thank you for such wonderful drabbles all these weeks.

Thank YOU, lady, for all your kind and thoughtful comments! I sometimes think your responses are more interesting than the stories and I love that! [:D]

karebear: Girl, I love "Into The Woods", it is my favorite musical!

Isn?t it the BEST???? I think Les Miz still gets the top spot for me, but Into the Woods is right up there.

And holy cow... the emotions present in this set were so powerful. I think I may have lost my breath and/or cried a little. A wonderful wrap to the challenge.

That is so nice of you to say! Thank you, gal. [:D] Just so you know, I never wrote a Legacy drabble that I didn?t hope you?d like it. ;)

Nat: Oh wow ? you did a marathon there! [face_blush] [:D]

Great set!! The boards need more Karrde/Shada

Yes, ma?am they do!

And the "says he belongs to Cade" bit reminds me of ANH

Didn?t think of that! Shweet!

And I like the tie to Kol - that Ben names his son (I assume that Kol is Ben's son?) after the brother he lost.

Most popular theory is that Kol is Ben?s grandson, but we don?t know yet. And I like the thought of it being a family name.

That was so sad!! Very very good, too, I particularly like Lingering (sad at the end, but so lovely) and Murmuring, especially the last line: Most of all, she hoped that the future would be a place where Galen Marek could have lived in peace.

Thank you!

you could totally turn this into a short story, Jerry Springer-style

I thought about that! Thank you! It was TOO much fun to write. ;)

I really love the Mara/Cade conversation. If anyone is able to knock sense into Cade, it's Mara. I like her brutal honesty and the way she answered the "was it worth it" question, but I think my favorite part was when she said being a Jedi wasn't everything. Totally Mara :D

I appreciate that! Mara would pull no punches with him, that?s for sure.

Thank you SO much for all the comments, Nat! You rock. :D

VaderLVR: This is Cade. Perfectly portrayed. Loved it!

Thank you! :)

Ceillean : You did such a great job here, with all your sets. I shall keep a look out for your stories from now on.

Thank you very much! I?m flattered and so glad you liked them. :D

kataja: Truly a worthy last set! Congratulations on completing the challenge! And thank you for beriching my life with your amazing writing!

[face_blush] Thank you for that! And thank you so much for all your wonderful and enthusiastic responses each week. Your reviews often made me look at things in a different light, a better light ? which is a GOOD thing ? and I?m very grateful for the time you took, even when you didn?t know the characters/story. [:D]

Again, thanks to everyone who stopped by! @};-

21. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Awesome job, Trace! =D= I think my all time fav was Mara kicking a little Cade backside! Woot!

LOL Moment: "Big, bad pirate can't take a compliment?" Mara smirked.

Congrats on completing the challenge. We are the real winners!

Bravo! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.