main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fangirl Indulgences -- UDC #5 Response ~~Author Note 07-22-2010~~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Fangirl Indulgences for UDC #5
    Author: Jade eyes
    Genre: Humor, mush, of the friendship and couple kind
    Timeframe & Characters: Various
    Disclaimer: Own nothing but the words.

Week 1 05-19-10 featuring TNG

Doctor

Of all the bantha-headed nonsense! Chief of State Natasi Daala fumed. The pesky Jedi archivist on Ossus had unearthed a little known tabloid article from a few seasons ago when she?d had a momentary indiscretion after a Winter Fete party. The little snot had posted it on SpaceBook for all to see, and now she was cooling her heels in a therapist?s office?s waiting room when she had more momentous things to do ? like pestering the shavit out of the New Empire.

Her green eyes glittered with venomous resentment. Just because she?d taken a Bothan home for after-party frolics?

[face_sick]

[face_laugh]

Companion

Winter sank into a chair next to Luke at a political function. ?I saw your sister trying to set you up ?. Again.? She said sympathetically.

Luke grimaced with a resigned sigh. ?She wants me to be happy as she is with Han ? but you can?t force that kind of thing. Half these women are more intrigued by my image and the Jedi mystieque instead of in me as a person.?

?What you need is to find a companion who is willing and able to look past all that superficial stuff to the real person underneath.? She said warmly.

Time

Time hung heavily on Jag?s shoulders. He was waiting for the call to come in about the whereabouts of his sister Cherith who was out flying patrols with the CEDF. There had been a skirmish near the edge of the outlying sector of Chiss space and rumors of casualties were grim but garbled in their details.

Their family had already lost one of their number. It would break his parents? hearts if they lost another. He sighed and tweaked the communications array one final time.

A relieved smile lit his warm green eyes when he caught his sister?s distinctive voice.

Space

The vistas of space were vast and open before her. Jaina had inherited the deep love of flying free from her uncle and dad both. The wide expanse of the starfield and glowing nebulae beckoned to her, promising the allure of calm and peace to gather her wits and calm her mind. It never failed to work its particular magic on her, better than 10 hours of formal Jedi meditation, she thought wryly.

She was much more calm now and felt more optimistic about Jag?s reaction when she told him the news that he was about to become a daddy.

Dimensions

What an absolutely amazing discovery, Luke thought, holding the many-sided holochron in his hand. The vast majority he had unearthed in the archives held lore from past ages of Jedi masters in their myriad encounters with the Sith and Dark Jedi, proving to be an invaluable aid to the Council. However, this one purported to be a time portal, one that held mysteries of other dimensions and possible futures. He had glimpsed one where he was married to a lovely lady with green eyes and red-gold hair. Her face and voice haunted his thoughts. Somehow, he must find her ?

[face_dancing]

++++++++

2. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Daala and her Bothans...[face_sick]

Yikes, poor Luke! That'd be rough.

Time was moving, especially with what happens to her later. :(

Space- Awww

[face_laugh] Oh Luke, you won't know what hit you when she comes about. [face_mischief]

=D=

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Spacebook had me laughing out loud. What a great discovery! Spacebook...I might have to use that in a fic. :p

My favorite was Space. Jaina and Jag...[face_love]

4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Daala and a Bothan?! an image I not needed 8-}

nice set of Drabbles

~ Mags ~

5. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Great Job Jade_eyes ![face_love] [:D]

Spacebook - Brillant !!![face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Time & Space were my favorites (of course:p )

Could've done without the image of Daala & the Bothan, though.:p

6. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Very nice! I especially like Dimensions, great use of the prompt. And I really like this line: Somehow, he must find her ?

7. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_love]
    So glad that you're doing these!! [face_dancing][:D]
    Dimensions and Companion were my favorites. Spacebook- [face_laugh] Loved that- very clever! [face_laugh]
    Wonderful job! =D= Please add me to the pm list! @};-

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I thought you were waiting for next week...? Ah, no matter. You started, and that's half the battle. :D

Doctor: Dalaa's usually the last person I think of as taking a Bothan home, but if it was for a political thing... oh yes! And spacebook? [face_laugh]

Companion: Hmmm... [face_thinking]

Time: Cherith! Cherith's alive! Yay!!!!!!

Space: Awwwww... Jaina, about to give Jag a priceless moment. Liked that.

Dimensions: *sends Luke more mental pics of red-haired lady, so he shall find her sooner!*

Good drabbles. :)

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi dear readers: Thanks for the reviews and I am so glad you enjoyed!!! SpaceBook [face_laugh] I did love that little twisty :D Space was my fave to write.

~~

Week 2 5-24-2010 Prompts:
    Island
    Survival
    Lost
    Other
    Flashback

~~

Golden beaches and turquoise waters surrounded the island. The lovely brunette wearing a leopard print bikini strolled leisurely down the soft sand, relishing the feel of it between her bare toes. Her dark hair rippled across her tanned shoulders. Her shining eyes laughed as she caught sight of her target. He was watching her with warm, green eyes full of invitation and mischief. Suddenly, she sprinted up to him and tackled him, tickling him mercilessly.

He laughed and spun her around and holding her dashed with her laughing into the surf.

?Liz, you?re a mess!?

?Ah, you love me anyway!?

~!

Mara Jade glowered disdainfully at the other patrons as she exited the seedy tapcafe on the lower levels of this no-name world. She had been adrift since the Emperor?s demise at Endor and had been taking on odd jobs of a mercenary nature. Her nights were haunted by the Emperor?s last few moments of life, and her days filled with an insatiable thirst for vengeance and an unflagging vendetta.
    When she met Aves, an employee of Talon Karrde?s who wanted her to do a job for him, little did she know how that would take her to her heart?s desire.

~!

Tahiri Veila was finding it hard to cope in the aftermath of Anakin?s loss. She had settled on Ossus and taken up various assignments. She found her mind going back to the carefree days on Yavin 4 and early romance with Anakin. Her thoughts would take a what-if and if-only bent at those times.

While helping with the reconstruction efforts on an Inner Rim world, she thought she caught sight of Anakin in a crowd! He called her name, and she rushed to him in overflowing gladness.

He had been rescued from Myrkr; now she also was no longer lost.

~!

Zekk grinned across the table at Elina, whose dark auburn hair glowed in the candlelight. She was a Jedi Healer from Salvir 2. They had just come back from a mission helping the survivors of a sector wide pandemic. Her compassion, humor, lively blue eyes were very attractive to him. It had taken him a while, but he believed he had persuaded her that she wasn?t just a replacement or substitute for Jaina. It had taken him a long time to get over Jaina, admittedly, but she had never been his ? not really ? not after Jag came along.

~!

Luke was plagued by dreams ? sometimes so vivid they felt more like flashbacks. He often tried to redo the endings, bring about the last minute rescue, avert the impending calamity. Yet, despite everything, he hardly ever was able to. In those instances, when he was able to avert the undesired end, he?d awaken only to recall the reality, and fresh griefs would wash over him once more.

In those moments, without needing to say a word, Mara?s gentle touch and loving glance would serve as a healing elixir and an anchor. He?d smile his deep gratitude and devotion in reply.

TBC

+++++

If anyone wants update PMs, let me know.

So far, dancing star is on the list. :D

10. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Luke was plagued by dreams ? sometimes so vivid they felt more like flashbacks. He often tried to redo the endings, bring about the last minute rescue, avert the impending calamity. Yet, despite everything, he hardly ever was able to. In those instances, when he was able to avert the undesired end, he?d awaken only to recall the reality, and fresh griefs would wash over him once more.

In those moments, without needing to say a word, Mara?s gentle touch and loving glance would serve as a healing elixir and an anchor. He?d smile his deep gratitude and devotion in reply.

[face_love] Poor Luke- :( But Mara is there to gently reassure him. @};-
    Lovely job!!=D=
    [:D]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely to see the great responses to the prompts. All are my favorite and you can put me on your PM list too:)

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Liz! :* Hadn't expected that. I thought it was Jaina at first. [face_laugh]

And you gave Zekk a lady of his own. [face_love] A whole lot of potential there. :p

Lovely sets, Jade!

13. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Tahiri, if only...

Aw, poor Luke! :(

=D=

14. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    I thibnk Space and Island were my favorites. And yes I had a tingle of satisfaction when reading that Zekk was over Jaina!

15. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    squeeeee LOL
    [face_love]
    awesome :D

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I don't know how I missed your set last week! [face_blush]

The first set I really liked Space! [face_love]

The second set I really enjoyed Flashback...

Mara?s gentle touch and loving glance would serve as a healing elixir and an anchor.
    [face_love]

=D=

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to all who read and reviewed! :) :D

______

Week 3 05-31-2010

Far

Mara groaned as she settled into the pilot?s seat of the Jade?s Fire. It was high time the conference with those nitwits from the Corporate Sector ended; otherwise, she was going to shoot one or both of the delegates. Karrde had sent her on this mission, a far cry from her usual ?run-of-the-mill? business-oriented contact. She was good at negotiating a mutually advantageous business deal, but the diplomacy needed to handle touchy CEOs ? Mara was too direct for that. She usually gave them a large piece of her mind sooner rather than later, even when it was unasked for!

+

Prisoners

Corran grinned as he regaled Mirax, Luke and Wedge with a CorSec adventure. He said: ?Iella was always better at interrogating prisoners than I was. I?d always lose my cool and become more accusatory, whereas she was able to get them to incriminate themselves, putting them at ease and then getting them to trip themselves up over their too-clever explanations.?

Wedge grinned. ?That ability to get to the heart of the matter is part of her charm.?

Luke teased: ?Spoken like a fellow who is truly lovestruck.?

?Speaking of, have you heard from Mara lately??

Luke flushed: ?Um ? who me??

+

Peacekeepers

?Well?? Mara challenged impatiently, turning her glass of ale idly in her hands.

Luke frowned. Was Mara trying to twist him up in philosophical debates again?

?Well, what?? He asked, stalling.

Mara rolled her eyes. ?Are the Jedi as dedicated to bringing about and maintaining peace, or is that merely so much rhetoric??

?I?d hope it was more than just that.? He answered finally.

?But at what lengths? How close to the edge are you willing to go??

He sighed. ?Mara, why are you??

?It?s the kind of decision you have to be certain about from the outset.?

+

Uncharted

Luke smiled as he recalled the last in a series of complicated debates he?d had with Mara ? this one about peace-keeping; it had eventually led into a debate about the right of peoples to chart their own paths, even if it led to calamity, if that was their choice after being presented with the option of outside assistance. The phrase ?charting their own path? made him smile even more. His and Mara?s friendship was invigorating and frustrating, on the verge of plunging into uncharted depths, at least on his end. He dreaded what her reaction would be if she knew.

+

Scape

?You wanted to what?? Mara asked as she brought the Fire in for a landing at Coruscant Space Central.

Luke had hailed her as soon as she?d gotten landing clearance from the Control Tower. She scowled?was there a crisis he needed her help with?

?Drinks ? maybe dinner?? He repeated, a shy edge to his tone.

?Sure.? She said, with puzzled curiosity. ?Tell me where and when.?
    After an enjoyable evening of catching up about mutual friends, he gave her a goodnight kiss, which he was afraid she?d want to escape from, but she returned it most delightfully.

+++++++++

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved those with Luke and Mara and their banter. Lighthearted and funny use of the prompts.=D==D==D=

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004

Luke teased: ?Spoken like a fellow who is truly lovestruck.?

?Speaking of, have you heard from Mara lately??

Luke flushed: ?Um ? who me??

[face_laugh] Busted.

Great responses

20. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Scape

?You wanted to what?? Mara asked as she brought the Fire in for a landing at Coruscant Space Central.

Luke had hailed her as soon as she?d gotten landing clearance from the Control Tower. She scowled?was there a crisis he needed her help with?

?Drinks ? maybe dinner?? He repeated, a shy edge to his tone.

?Sure.? She said, with puzzled curiosity. ?Tell me where and when.?
    After an enjoyable evening of catching up about mutual friends, he gave her a goodnight kiss, which he was afraid she?d want to escape from, but she returned it most delightfully.

[face_love] Somewhat-shy Luke in all adorability. [face_love]
    These were wonderful! =D= Very well-done and very "them". :) Loved them all!

21. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    *Sigh* Very good. I was suprised to see Corran and Mirax though. Not many people write about them lately.

Luke was cute as well.

22. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    These are great Jade_eyes!!

My favourite was Scape! I could just hear Luke's nervous voice! :D

~Celeste

23. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

24. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    Excellant set of drabbles, Jade_eyes![face_love]

Luke and Mara are so sweet together.

Add me to your PM list for more.

25. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    OMG, these are such a heap of fun!! :D [face_dancing] I know I'm off to a slow start :oops:, but I can't wait for more. [face_love]

Could you drop me a line when you update? I'd very much like to keep up with these like I should. [face_blushes]

~MJ @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.