main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan's Choice Conceptual Stormtrooper

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by starwarsarmboy, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    OUCH!!! I was on Rebelscum, and they have pics of the Fan Choice Ralph McQuarrie conceptual Stormtrooper, and does it look like hell?!? I think they could of did a better job designing it. These figures are getting weaker and weaker looking.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    ...So just don't buy it.

I really don't see the big deal. :confused:

3. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    No big deal dude, just putting in my 2 cents.

4. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I still say Hasbro fudged with the numbers in order to even get this figure made. I just can't get excited over a "rejected" version of a character, just like those Action Fleet Series Alpha vehicles that littered the shelves a few years back.

But hell, gotta have 'em all, so I'll still buy one. I just won't like it very much.

That's MY two cents...

5. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    Same here, I'm a big collector, and I'm still gonna buy it (never said I was not going to). I'm just voicing opinion, thats all.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I like the figure. He even has chest articulation which is a rare thing for Hasbro´s SW line.
    Only thing that bothers me is the lack of detail in terms of paint job.
    Oh well, it´s just a mock up pic. Maybe Hasbro will add a few dots before hanging the figures on the shelfs.

Asides from that I´m looking forward to this figure.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm with Toymaster - that voting was rigged. Something like a "conceptual" piece just opens the door for Hasbro to start a new line for collectors. If the piece does well, we'll be swamped with more conceptual mess or EU/SOTE mess of characters that didn't even really exist while Bruce Boa sits at home and wonders why he doesn't get the opportunity to sign his own figure. Bah.

8. G_MaDINe_DK

G_MaDINe_DK Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2003
    I think it is okay. Not as bad as you describe.
    I tink the fan choice is a very good ide. I like them all. They have done a very good on Ephat Mon.
    The first version, was also very bad.
    [image=http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/content_images/EphantMonPaintMaster_sm.jpg]

So give them time with the Stromtropper.

I hoped just that some of the other candicats won. But now, i am looking forward to the "Jedi" Stromtropper.

9. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope that the Stormtrooper will be easy to find unlike Ephant was. I only saw him once in the stores. But I guess that would happen when you pack him in a case that nobody wants to sell.

10. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    Lame figure [face_plain]

11. Dex_the_Droid

Dex_the_Droid Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    I like the up-coming concept stormtrooper.

I think that maybe they could have put him in a bit more of a un-wooden pose like the artwork he is based on. The only problem about him is he looks odd. We all have an image in our heads of the real stormie and seeing this guy feels strange. Like a fake.

And is his laser-sword too long compared to the painting?

I LIKE THE CONCEPT STORMTROOPER!! :D

12. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I love it, I will buy 20 and create an army.

That is if I ever find them. [face_plain]

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I think he's great. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

14. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I personally can't wait to get my hands on this figure.

15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I would buy this figure in a second. Although it's been so long since I've see a new figure, I would probably buy the first one I saw, even if it was Birthday Fun Jar-Jar.

16. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I've always liked all the Trooper figure, so I'll get this one as well, but I still have no idea how it won that Fan Choice poll...

17. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    I dont like this one much. Hasbro should first release all the moviecharacters, then EU and then perhaps if there is demand for it conceptual figs.

Mr Neck, i agree with you i cant understad it either. I am thinking for awhile now but wich figs were the other choises? I recall Nym and Yaru (Wookiee senator)

18. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I've already commented on the choice of this figure even getting made, but I finally saw the figure last night in my Insider. All I can say is . . . ugh.

All of McQuarrie's artwork has a sleek look to it that is nowhere to be found in this figure. It looks like a custom that someone started, got tired of working on, and just slapped the rest together. It's is "blocky" with several different aspects of it seeming to be out of scale. Finally, somebody needs to take that trooper's light sword and give it back to Thundarr.

19. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I was really looking forward to this figure...but now I'm not so sure. It just looks too much like the old POTF2 EU figures...or a custom some fan built out of POTF2 parts.

It's too blocky, lacking in the refinement and detail that the other Fan Choice figures have had...and sub-par compared to the rest of the Saga line as a whole.

Here's hoping they make significant changes to it before it makes it to the shelves.

20. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    I was really looking forward to this figure...but now I'm not so sure. It just looks too much like the old POTF2 EU figures...or a custom some fan built out of POTF2 parts.

very well put. that's pretty much how i feel. i do not dig the shield on this guy. i kinda like the idea of a glow in the dark light saber, but it's hard to find this figure redeemable. the idea of fan figures is great. and a Mcquarrie concept stormtrooper had me expecting something a little different i guess. it does look too much like a attempt at a custom figure that i might have worked on. which is to say that it leaves me wanting it to be done professionally.

21. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    The new trooper concept doesn't look like a bad figure at all. In fact, it looks much better than I originally thought it would. I don't really know about that lightsaber, though. [face_plain] I'll be getting one (if I ever find it) to keep carded. I don't think I'll be needing this lose.

22. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    MAN I gotta say why are we forced to endure stupid figures like this. Fan choice my .......... ! I would never buy this conceptual hunk of plastic. what about the figures we realy want to see. the only good fan choice so far has been ephant mon. amanaman was ok ,but they should have kept the skeleton and sold it as a 4.99 figure. this whole thing just makes me mad. I say its bad enough they keep piling up the resculpt's, repacks and outfit changes. but to completly blow over EU is just ludicris. there are so many good figures waiting to be made just from the NJO series let alone the rest of the book,s comics and games.
    I would trade ten of these troopers for a quinlin vos, nom anor, kip duron, corran horn, now I'm not bashin hasbros efforts they are giving us some good stuff, just stop with the stupid stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.