main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fans' Expectations Of Hamill, Ford and Fisher

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Randwulf Crescentmoon, Jul 15, 2013.

?

Do you think the OT cast are still as likely to give memorable performances in the ST?

1. Definitely

44.4%
  2. Definitely Not

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You didn't think their performances were all that memorable to begin with

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You remain undecided

44.4%
  5. You clicked on this thread by mistake

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I've read in multiple threads now, that some fans fear the OT cast consisting of Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher won't live up to fans' expectations in the ST, that had been set by their previous performances.

This lead me to wonder, what do you think?

Do you believe that the OT cast will be able to perform to the standard we have come to expect from their prior performances?

Who do you think is more capable of carrying the ST on their shoulders? The new cast yet to be announced, or the original cast?

Darth Pwn likes this.
  2. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    The reason I'm so excited for this new trilogy (even more so than the prequels) is *because* the original cast is rumored to be in it. The bigger their roles, the better, as far as I'm concerned. That's not to say I'm not acknowledging that they won't be "carrying the films" this time. But if their roles are merely cameos I would be sorely disappointed. So, hell yeah, I think they can still do it!!!

Besides, our dear George is not really known as an "actor's director", so really, the original 3 have a chance of delivering even better performances this time around. You never know!

LunarMoth and HanSolo29 like this.
  3. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I think they're up to it.
    But it'll depend on how good their characters are written.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All of the big 3 have gone on to "meatier" acting roles since the OT wrapped. Mark Hamill was onstage in Amadeus, Carrie Fisher had good parts in movies like When Harry Met Sally, and Harrison Ford... is Harrison freakin' Ford! I'm counting on Arndt to give them good dialog, so if JJA can give them even half-decent direction, their acting should be better than ever.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    To be fair, their performances in the OT weren't exactly earth-shattering, but they were decent. That's all I can ask for in terms of the ST.

You know, I feel the exact same way. I understand that the new cast needs to take precedence, but I'm more excited for the ST simply because it'll be a continuation of ROTJ with the original cast (if the rumors about their return end up being true).

Hitchhiking-Ghost and LunarMoth like this.
  6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I can't say. Always in motion, the future is.

However, I will say that I'm actually a lot more interested in the "newbies" to the franchise. I hope to see some Game of Thrones actors such as Charles Dance(perhaps as a Supreme Chancellor), Michael McElhatton, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, and maybe even Jack Gleeson if he's unsure if whether or not he wants to leave acting after he finishes his role as King Joffrey.

So many possibilities for the new characters of the story in regards to the actors that will be playing them.

7. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    I chose "You clicked on this thread by mistake". Because I'm certain that it's redundant. This topic has been discussed in other threads, my friend...

8. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013

Darth Pwn likes this.
  9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Guys we do already have a thread dedicated to the 3 of them and this sort of discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.