main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Fans in Tampa

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Soto_Fett, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soto_Fett

Soto_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    We are trying to get a close place to meet for the Tampa people to join us. We were thinking of just across one of the bridges but we are open to sugestion. If anyone has Ideas or information on a place that is right on the end of one of the bridges we will run with it and see how it pans out. That way the Tampa fans can get involved with the club also.

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Also, what days of the week and time of day works best for you? I think this imformation would help plan future meetings in the Tampa area. I don't know the area well, but, i cannot remember anyplace that is close to the Tampa side of the bridges, except the MacDill AFB and Sam's club area. What is around the Westshore Mall area, Tampadawans?

3. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    How about USF? I there is a room that is almost always open on the weekend.

--Joey

4. Sereana

Sereana Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    This is a long way for many of us in St. Pete. and there are some without cars. Is there a place that is closer to the bridges?

5. MasterQuiGonJinn

MasterQuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I'd have to agree that USF would be a great place to meet. Perhaps some time mabey for all of us a resturant close by. As far at transportation I think we can work it from our side to tampa. We can seat two to three Jesse can fit five thats just the immediate vehicles i know of

6. Jango_Da_Fett

Jango_Da_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2002
    I agree, USF would be a great place for meetings.

7. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Sats. are good for me. USF area is about an hr. from me.

8. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I assume that folks are talking about the restaurant row leading up to the USF campus? Working the next 2 Fri. and Sat. nights. Others may be okay in June. How far to USF? haven't been there in a while? Also, good directions and the quickest route would be helpful.
    Thanks

9. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Let me know when we will be doing this....so I can get the day off. I'll love to meet everyone!!

10. kuroneko

kuroneko Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    There's a library a few miles away from the 275 bridge in Tampa. (About four or five miles south of Kennedy, i believe, but i can always doublecheck that.) Anyhoo, they have at least one room that they let certain groups use (and i'm pretty sure it's free, but again... i can doublecheck).

If anyone is interested in that idea, i can call the library for specifics if you like.

11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I think that would be a good location for a Tampa meeting. At least from this end. What does anyone else think?

12. MasterQuiGonJinn

May 1, 2002
    Meetings of The Dark Side club are held on the First and Third Sundays (unless otherwise stated) Starting with the first Sunday in July (7th and 21st). We are having a meeting this Sunday (the 9th) at our presidents house. Please contact him for directions if you are interested in comming

xphantom@tampabay.rr.com

USF is a great place to meet (as far as Im concerned and i have attended many meetings at the music hall) I don't mind the idea of the Library as well (of course im one of those carless people so the final decisiopn is not mine)

We do have a few people in the club with good transportation Im sure we can all work something out.

please let me know what you think either by posting here or contact me via e-mail at

Arynor@aol.com

13. THORANIUM_JEDI

THORANIUM_JEDI Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    I would like to join the club. how do i do this? i live in clearwater. i'd like to come to the meetings. please let me know what's up. thank you.

14. MasterQuiGonJinn

May 1, 2002
    Dear Thoranium_Jedi,

DO you have transportation or will you need a ride? Also If you have your own transportation, Just send Ron (our club president) an eamil asking for directions.

Ron's Email: XPhantom@TampaBay.rr.com

we will be meeting this Sunday at 7pm at his home in clearwater

15. MasterQuiGonJinn

May 1, 2002
    The Dark Side Club of Tampa Bay would like to welcome all Star Wars fans in the bay area who are interested in joining us at our meeting this Sunday June 9th. We will be meeting at our presidents home in Clearwater. (Please contact him [Ron] for directions. XPhantom@TampaBay.rr.com )Our Bi-weekly meetings will be starting on Sunday July 7th and Sunday July 21st and continuing on the first and third Sundays of each month. We are a costume-oriented fan club. We do not requier haveing a costume to join (we are willing to help with the making of one,) but one is required for certain club activites. We are looking forward to many charitable activities such as visiting local children's hospitals and the like. Also those activities that are just plain fun, such as conventions and the premier of Episode 3. Please visit our site (TheEmpireClub.net )as well as recieving the latest information from TheForce.Net Thank you.

Sincerley,
    Jerry
    (Vice President: The Dark Side)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.