main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Fans of great anime, look here!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Kurgan1, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Last night, I saw one of the greatest works of anime that I have ever seen.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is absolutely breathtaking. By far, this is the best actual animation I have ever seen. The detail, color, and depth go far beyond everything else, even Princess Mononoke. Plus, the story is great, the voice work is wonderful, and it's a great DVD set. The film is directed by the guy who was responsible for Ninja Scroll, another brilliant piece of anime.

The surround sound is phenominal, too.

So everyone, if you're a fan of anime or simply artful storytelling, go watch this film. You will not regret it.

For those that aren't familiar with Vampire Hunter D, the original movie, don't worry. It's not essential that you've seen the first one to understand and enjoy this one. As a matter of fact, the original will be a disappointment compared to this one.

It's rare to see a sequel that far surpasses the first, but this is one of those rarities.

2. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Did you guys get a vcd copy at the show this weekend, or is it out on dvd/playing at the Angelika/Inwood ?[face_plain]

Definitely interested!

3. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    It was playing at the Angelika, but I don't think it is anymore. But the DVD just came out last week. Apparently, Blockbuster is carrying it, too.

Check it out!!!

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Me too. =)

Obviously it won't have a Nazi death rape machine, so it has to be good. :D

:cool:

5. super_hyper_melanie

super_hyper_melanie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    one of my friends bought the vcd at the con this weekend, but i hadn't heard anything about whether it's good or not...well i suppose now i've heard...heh heh i just noticed i haven't posted around here lately...got really busy i suppose... bad bad me for not posting...

6. Skippy_The_Klingon

Skippy_The_Klingon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    On a similar note, the Escaflowne movie is playing at the United Artists Plaza now.

www.escamovie.com

7. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    That's a negative. My friend and I went to the Plaza last night in hopes of seeing it, but it was nowhere to be found.

I don't know what the deal is. They had posters up and everything, but no movie.

So, we went to see We Were Soldiers instead, and it was awesome. :)

8. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    The date on the Escaflowne site is wrong. The local release date, according to UA and the newspaper is March 8th. I'm planning on watching it next Saturday.

:cool:

9. Skippy_The_Klingon

Skippy_The_Klingon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah, they screwed up on the dates,

BUT, I have heard that Thursday night at 10:00 they are doing a FREE PREVIEW of Escaflowne at the Plaza. Just in case anyone is interested...

10. Kurgan1

Nov 19, 2000
    Hmmm, that's a distinct possibility....

11. stone

stone Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    anybody heard when "avalon" and/or "metropolis" are coming out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.