main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fans of Han Solo in the EU

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JoeSolo1, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome aboard, NileQT87! It's nice to see you join us! :D

And of course...we all love Harrison here! ;)

2. solonet

solonet Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    lol~we sure do!!

3. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Han is da man!!

I would love to bring THE HAN SOLO ADVENTURES to feature film life, even though someone else would have to play the part since they take place before SW:EPISODE 4. Still, they would make great films.

On the subject, can anybody think of an up-and-coming actor with a resemblance to a young Harrison Ford who could pull off playing a young Han Solo?

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, I agree...the Han Solo Adventures would make a good film series. Just the way the books were laid out, seemed like a movie. But I think they would have trouble getting someone to play Han. I know in my opinion, I couldn't accept anyone else playing Han except Harrison. ;)

5. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Some characters are just so burned into you mind with a specific actor that you just can't imagine anyone else playing the part. So perhaps doing THSA animated would be better, then you could get Harrison Ford to just do the voice.

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    An animated series wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as there's a pretty close likeness with the characters. Stuff like that bothers me.

7. solonet

Mar 14, 2003
    That's a pretty good idea~

8. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeah, if I was in charge, I would make sure the likeness was as close to the real thing as possible.

Brian Daley said in an interview that it would be interesting to hear THSA turned into audio dramas just like the SW ones, and that he would be all for Perry King returning to do Solo's voice in them, though he said a project like that would probably never happen. :(

9. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Yes... its a good idea to do the Han Solo Adventures. I heard that Michael Rosenbaum, who plays Lex Luthor on Smallville has always dreamed of playing Han Solo... still I think he should grow his hair back first! :D
    He said "It was the role I was born to play... I was just born too late" He went on to say that if they ever do a young Han Solo he'd be interested in the part... ;)

10. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    I certainly can't picture him as a young Han Solo, that's for sure. I'd rather see an unknown do it.

11. solonet

Mar 14, 2003
    I rather see a computer generated young Harrison Ford do it ;)
    and maybe kidnap him to do the voice...like that's ganna happen :D

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I think I would have to go with the unknown. Don't get me wrong, CGI is really cool and all, and the digital characters created for the PT were great...but they didn't look real for some reason. They looked too computerized and out of place. I wouldn't want that to happen with Han. I would rather have an unknown, who has flesh and blood, play the part before I see a digital Han.

13. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    Agreed.

Since this is the Han thread, I'll ask here: what's everyone's favorite story from THSA?

While I love all three, I think I would have to say that "Han Solo's Revenge" is my favorite. First of all, I just love that title. Secondly, it's the most plot-heavy of the trilogy, in my opinion, throwing Han and Chewie into a nice little case of galactic intrigue. I also like the swoop chase and the Falcon gun turret sequence.

14. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Han is one of my two most favorite characters. I'll join.

15. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    First of all...welcome aboard Matthew_Wolverine! It's great to see you here! :D

As for my favorite HSA story...I would also have to say "Han Solo's Revenge." I just found this one more enjoyable than the others.

16. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Thanks.

I can't really see anyone other than Harrison playing Han but if someone was going to do it, Michael Rosenbaum wouldn't be a bad choice.

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Michael Rosenbaum? Hmm...I'm drawing a blank on him. Could you tell me what he was in?

18. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    He plays Lex Luthor on WB's SMALLVILLE, and also voices The Flash on Cartoon Network's JUSTICE LEAGUE.

19. solonet

Mar 14, 2003
    lol~I know what you guys mean, but I just can't stand anyone other then Harrison to play Han Solo :D

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh...hehe...I just noticed that it was mentioned in another post. My bad...I was out of it earlier. :p

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Just giving this a push up from page two...

22. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    I just got TATOOINE GHOST in the mail from Amazon today. Has anybody read it yet? (Don't spoil anything for me). I was told Han gets to kick some major butt in it.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I just started reading it two days ago and already, it is quite interesting. I would like to tell you what's going on, but I can't stand when people spoil me, so I won't spoil you. :)

24. Spacehunter24

Jan 2, 2003
    I just finished up through Chapter 9, and I'll probably get a couple more chapters in this evening. Han's swoop trip through the canyons was really exciting; more so than TPM's Podace. :D I'm not much of a fun of the Prequels, but it's interesting to see some of that material interwoven into this story.

I liked the tension between Chewie and the Weequay; I hope he comes back later in the story.

So far, I'm really enjoying it, and I can't wait to read more.

25. solonet

Mar 14, 2003
    Ok~I have to finish it this weekend, it's been sitting on my desk for almost 3 weeks and I'm still just half way through :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.