main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Fantasci 2006

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StrangeWings, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I am posting this here in a new topic since the "ONLY place within the Richmond boards to post events going on OUTSIDE of RICHMOND" thread is locked. There is a con in Chesapeake on Sat July 29. It is free to the public. Here is the link to it http://alz.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=182113 . I won't be able to attend unfortunatley but hope fully some of us can go. If ya do..have fun.

2. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    This looks fun, and it's free. A good opportunity to build some alliances with the Tidewater group. Unfortunately, I have a houseful of guests at the moment from NY and NJ, so I will not be able to make it.

3. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Strange Wings thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is a shame we didn't know about it sooner as we could have gotten a group together to go down. I will be in Baltimore for the weekend so it's not doable for me but if I had known sooner I may have been able to switch stuff around.

Who is it that would keep up with the other area groups to find out about this stuff? Is this somthing that we just find out on our own accord or do the City Reps notify each other? Seems to me that there would be bigger turnouts for all if there was some setup to it.

4. DERTHH_MAWLZ

Aug 5, 2005
    This ties in with some of our last meeting discussions with creating some kind of calendar with events, meetings, etc. I've seen some web-enabled shared calendars but have never used one. Anyone have any familiarity with these? I am sure there must be a free one out there, the ones I have seen all have monthyly fees. Does this website/forum support any calendaring functionality?

There is always Google Calendar
    https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=cl&passive=true&nui=1&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fcalendar%2Frender

5. ibrahim

ibrahim Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm going to be in Northern Virginia this weekend to see "One Man Star Wars Trilogy" in DC. I had hoped to make it to this too..

6. StrangeWings

Jun 10, 2005
    Yea..we actually had talked about it briefly at the meeting but nothing was really planned. the only reason I posted it was alan from tidewater alliance emailed me and asked me to post it. He was a bit confused by the rules for posting and didn't want to break any.

7. ibrahim

ibrahim Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Next Year we should try to make this a solid event on our schedule as well as RavenCon. I think supporting the local con scene could be a priority for the group.

8. NekoKaiju

NekoKaiju Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    I agree. And it being the 30th, we should go all out.

9. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Right on y'all. If we know about these events ahead of time then we could do some cool outings. StrangeWings, I will be the first to admit that I don't have a clue about rules for posting but tell those guys if they have something cool like that then let us know so we don't end up :oops:

Ibrahim I totally agree that we should really work on the promotion thing since there are a lot of Star Wars fans out there that just don't know about this stuff. (Me a year ago[face_whistling] )

NekoKaijo is there any way to go but all out?;)

Derthh can we use that calendar on here some way?

10. DERTHH_MAWLZ

Aug 5, 2005
    Any word on how this went?

11. DERTHH_MAWLZ

Aug 5, 2005
    For those who weren't lucky enough to get to the San Diego Comic-Con this year, here is the link to the San Francisco FanForce site with alot of pics. It looks like they all had a great time.

http://sffanforce.com/gallery/comic-con06/index.htm

12. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
  13. DERTHH_MAWLZ

Aug 5, 2005
    Fantastic photos, looks like you guys had a great time.

Who does your web site?

14. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yea, we had a great time.

I am the website guy for our group as well.

15. StrangeWings

Jun 10, 2005
    It was interesting to see how some of the costums have progressed since raven con. Sorry I couldnt make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.