main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantastic Four Movies - ***Spoilers Inside***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Michael Rosenbaum would be a good voice for the silver surfer

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i wouldn't mind that at all

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    figure i'd bump this since filming has started for the sequel

well the official title for the sequel is Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer

looks like Doug Jones will be playing the Silver Surfer

Tim Story on the Fantastic Four Sequel

Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer director Tim Story has updated his official Blog with more on the anticipated sequel, and even a little mention of ComingSoon.net's Superhero Hype!:

Well here we are. Exactly two weeks til this all gets under way. Seeing a lot of stuff now.

The latest test of Chiklis' new thing makeup is looking good. I think I told you guys about how we were improving the suit. For one it's lighter and will allow Chikie to be more athletic. I know many of you wish the Thing could've been more agile, well you got it. Michael's excited. We've made improvements to areas like the brow. Yes yes, it's a little bigger. You guys have to remember the brow can't be too big because it just doesn't look as good as you might think, but we have improved it. This all came from the fans saying they wish it were bigger. He'll be wearing more clothes as well. Now that he's comfortable with himself, we can have more fun with his appearance. Wait until you see him in his tux.

The new mask for Doom is awesome. There's a more evil tone to it. I've been working on a maquette of the entire Doom look, complete with armor with my friends at Spectral Motion (the guys who brought you Thing, Beast, Juggernaut, Hellboy, etc...) The look is madd cool. I think you guys will like it. And don't worry Julian will be seen. I talked to him yesterday and he can't wait to get busy.

The Silver Surfer's look just continues to get better. We're trying test on the wake that his board will leave and we're starting to really get into the look of his eyes. Classic Surfer looks from the comic. I think you will all enjoy it. Yes, now the question that I keep getting asked too many times...Doug Jones or no Doug Jones. Here's the low down. Doug has been working on a number of things regarding the Surfer. In order for the presence of the CGI SS to appear and move real, we need someone to perfect movement and provide a base, to which WETA can do their thing. That the jest of it. I don't know what that confirms for you guys but there you go.

Oh yeah, I didn't tell you guys the result of my "studio meetings". Well it wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be. We found places to cut and not mess with the integrity of the movie. Both sides were happy. 6 hrs ya'll...6! Stuck in a room - dissecting every piece of this movie. The coolest thing was actually the difficulty in finding things to cut. That normally means you need what you got. For the aspiring directors and writers - if you cut it out and find that you don't miss it...you never needed it.

As filming begins, I'll try to share on set pix. I can't get to crazy but whatever I can I will. And for those of you expecting me to pop up on Superherohype, forgive me, I just didn't think that I could keep up with two different blog areas. My days are swamped as you can imagine.

Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer hits theaters on June 15, 2007.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    First Look at the Silver Surfer

[image=http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/silversurferusatoday.jpg]

We're supposed to see him in motion in the teaser trailer that comes out tomorrow.

Fantastic Four Teaser Trailer Description!

Superhero Hype! message board member 'Atticus' posted the following description of the Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer teaser trailer that's about to hit theaters with Night at the Museum. (Spoilers ahead!)

It starts of with quick shots of Reed and Sue walking down the aisle. We see Johnny smiling proudly and the Thing wiping away tears.

There's a flash in the sky, and Reed looks over at Johnny who replies, "C'mon, I just bought this!" (Referring to his tux) He rolls his eyes and leaps over the edge of the building yelling, "Flame On!"

What follows is an amazing chase sequence between Surfer and Torch through a tunnel. At one point the Surfer passes THROUGH a subway bus and the Torch fx really look excellent as he flies through the very narrow gap between vehicles.

Surfer ends up way above the streets of NY with Torch in hot pursuit. We then see him turn around, literally catch and hold Torch by the throat until he 'flames off' and begins to fall...

FANTASTIC 4 RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER

LANDING JUNE 15

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Slightly more info on the film here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-12-21-coming-attractions_x.htm

'Evil' Galactus? I dunno if I like that.

But still, Surfer flying through a subway car = :cool:

6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm not sure whether I hate that pic of SS or not. I'll decide when I see the movie.

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Against all odds, I'm kinda looking forward to the sequel. The original movie wasn't nearly as terrible as I expected it to be: its biggest problem was that it felt like the first act of a three-act movie rather than a full movie unto itself. If a lot of the unnecessary crapola had been cut, it would have made an awesome opening 30-40 minutes of a fine superhero flick instead of a bloated mediocre superhero flick.

8. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    "Evil Galactus"?

I just read the original introduction to the Silver Surfer and Galactus just this week, and even with my limited foreknowledge of the character, he never struck me as "evil". It's kind of like calling a tornado or a hurricane "evil"; Galactus may be sentient, but he serves as a force of nature.

But all whining aside, I kinda liked the first movie, so I may give this second one a try. But I'm really hoping for a majestic treatment for the Silver Surfer, and I'm really, REALLY, hoping Doom gets better 'rep' in this movie. I don't mean necessarily synching up the continuity to his typical comic status, but at least making him seem more like a genuine threat. (Oh boy! Like maybe giving a nod to an old storyline, and having Doom figure out a way to steal the Surfer's powers!)

9. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Saw the trailer at the theater tonight. I wasn't too pumped about it at first, but the Surfer definately looks cool blasting through the city. I coulda used a little more Alba, though!

10. wise-bi-wan

wise-bi-wan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2006
    /\/\ So did you see "Night at the museum"? How was it? Looks like a good movie.

11. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, it was ok, a good kids and popcorn movie. Of course, Ben Stiller can make me laugh just by standing there.

I really wanted to see the spy flick with Damon and Jolie, but since I made the girlfriend sit through Jet Li and Tony Jaa flicks, it was payback time. Well, at least it's not as bad as when I had to sit through March of the Penguins!

And I have trouble looking at Carla Gugino the same way after finally seeing Sin City, lol.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Trailer is up: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantasticfourriseofthesilversurfer/

13. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    the surfer looks cool

14. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I might enjoy a second round of FF. The first was okay.

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    a direct link to save it to my computer would be great! [face_praying]

16. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    No, I don't know how to find the direct link.

For the teaser, it was kinda disappointing. I don't remember the last time a teaser trailer wasn't compiled of a bunch of shots of different scenes. Essentially, we got the summarized version of an entire sequence from the film. Not sure I like that approach.

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's better than the trailer for the first FF movie which essentially showed the entire movie. There were no surprises by the time the movie was out.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah- I think Fox wanted to take the "Devil Wears Prada" approach for the teaser for a couple reason- one, probably not many FX are actually finished, two, the focus on the Silver Surfer helps introduce him to audiences without giving away too much and, three, well, maybe they did learn from the first film's trailers and didn't want to give everything away.

Anyways, I dug it. I get the impression they'll debut the Fantastic Car in the film saving the freefalling Johnny after the Surfer low-orbits him.

Also, I think it'd be kind of funny to see both this and the Transformers trailer in theaters back-to=back, since they both open with almost the same shot of something shooting towards Earth, hehe.

19. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Small:
    http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/fantastic_4-silver_surfer/fantastic4silversurfer-tlr1_h.320.mov
    Medium:
    http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/fantastic_4-silver_surfer/fantastic4silversurfer-tlr1_h.480.mov
    Large:
    http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/fantastic_4-silver_surfer/fantastic4silversurfer-tlr1_h.640.mov

No HD or iPod sorry.

Also this trailer was great. Surfer looked outstanding.

20. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
  21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    sweetness. this movie is looking good. i'm sure it'll be better than the first one

22. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    That trailer was kind of underwhelming. I'll still see it though. It'll probably be pretty good.

23. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    I really liked the teaser... which is what it was. A teaser clip. Just a scene from the movie. Looking back at it the acting wasn't that good (Reed especially looked very awkward) and Johnny's line was kinda corny, but the Surfer looks great and that's all I care about.
    I enjoyed the first movie so I have hopes about the second, if nothing else it will be entertaining.

24. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i wonder if Johnny Storm flames on back in time before hitting the ground or if the fantasticar comes and gets him.

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I saw the trailer yesterday in front of Night at the Museum. It was pretty good for a teaser but it would have been nice to see more than just one scene. From the looks of it this movie looks like it might actually be good, unlike the first one IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.