main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantastic Four Movies - ***Spoilers Inside***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I also saw the trailer during A Night at the Museum. It looked quite interesting.

2. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Despite that the original is one of my most hated super hero flicks (You mess up Doom, I mess YOU up), at least the effects for Surfer are cool. And a big screen Galactus, the movie could be Elektra 6, and I would still show up for that.

3. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Speaking of Galactus and Silver Surfer, I urge everybody to read the Marvel event, Annihilation, best use of Galactus and his heralds in a long long time. Also a very good story. :)

I don't know if we'll be seing Galactus in this movie, somebody suggested it should end like Mortal Kombat, with Galactus appearing in the sky and heroes getting ready to face him.
    cue rock music
    roll credits

:)

Heh, j/k

One thing that puzzles me is what Frankie Raye's role will be in all of this. I don't think we'll see Nova in this movie, but I think a fire chick would look very cool on the big screen.

Heck, if we didn't get Phoenix, I'll take the next best thing. Maybe have Nova show up in a Silver Surfer spin-off.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i doubt we'll get a look a Galactus in this new one. i can see the ending being where the Silver Surfer is talking with the FF and just says, "He is coming." then cut to credits.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    That ending is a very bad idea. If it ends like that and the movie flops the best we could hope for is a direct-to-DVD sequel.

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i doubt whether the movie flops or not will rest solely on the ending

7. Darth_Hydra

May 14, 2001
    I didn't mean like that.

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I never did see the first Fantastic 4 (I was going to see ROTS every time I was at the movies in '05 :p), but the trailer for this looks pretty cool. I think I'll go rent the first one soon, and see how I like it. :)

9. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I can see it, Surfer comes to Earth...fights FF. Drama, history, etc. We only see Galactus in some vague flashbacks and as an impending doom

Last scene, Galactus arrives. Don't even see him, just a snippet of his ship dwarfing the solar system. BOOM, end credits. Wait for FF3. Much like Mortal Kombat idea that was posted above.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Don't get your hopes up to much. If you've seen the trailer you've essentially seen the movie.

11. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    Considering that the same people who wrote and directed the first FF film are doing this one my hopes are minimal.
    Yes,Galactus is perhaps the greatest of all the Marvel plot arcs,but I have no faith in the people who screwed up Doom so badly doing justice to it.
    Fool me once,shame on you;Fool me twice,shame on me.I paid to see the first FF film;I will wait for DVD for this one.

12. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    saw the trailer for 2.

liked it.

:)

13. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Wal-Mart reduced the price on the F4 DVD, so I picked it up yesterday. I actually thought it was really good. Then again, I never read any of the comics, so I can't judge it next to those.

But yeah. I'd give the movie 2.5 out of 4 stars. :)

14. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    so it sounds like Galactus will be in towards the end of FF2? :confused:

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently the animators slipped in the Silver Surfer's...um, package for a shot in the trailer (a front-on shot inside the tunnel) as a joke.

Let the "balls of steel" lines commence ;)

17. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Well I liked most of Ultimate Extinction and I think the idea to turn Galactus into an army was a pretty good one. There were however a couple of things I didn't like, Galactus eats to survive, wheres in Ultimate Extinction he seemed to be motivated by a hate for all things organic. Also the Silver surfer being turned into an army of religious fanatics again didn't sit well with me.

But for the movie I understand why they needed to present Galactus as something other than a huge guy with a blender on his head.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    New Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Trailer attached to WB?s 300!

Earlier today 20th Century Fox informed the IESB that the new trailer for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer will be attached to Warner Bros. 300 on March 9th.

ImageThere was hope that a new trailer would be available to be released with Ghost Rider on February 16th but due to heavy VFX work that has not yet been completed it was decided for it to be released with 300 instead.

Good news for Fan Four fans is that Fox is hoping to also release a third trailer and for it to be attached to Spiderman 3 coming out May 4th.

One thing is for certain, The Silver Surfer will ?RISE? this summer, I?m stoked!.

On a side note, there?s a bad ass billboard featuring the Silver Surfer on Pico Blvd. close to the Fox lot. Very simple but yet effective, it?s a close up headshot of the Surfer with the word ?RISE? in the top left corner.

Marvel?s first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Concept Art Work For Dr. Doom:

[image=http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/dr_doom.jpg]

20. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    YOu know what is so annoying??

You see this great/fantastic/amazing trailer for a new Fantastic Four movie...and then you are waiting to see the date of release......and then it says JUNE 21!!! That's 4 monts away!! I would rather stay in state of ignorance than see the trailer early....

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm hoping we get more looks at Doom in the new trailer. i'll definately be seeing 300 not just for the trailer but because it looks like a kick ass movie

22. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
  23. Darth_Hydra

May 14, 2001
    Saw it last night during Heroes. The Fantasticar looks good when it was separating.

24. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I wasn't all that impressed by the tv spot. But the Surfer looks pretty good.

[face_peace]
    LN

25. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Wow, the trailer really sucked.

Jessica Alba looks terrible in a ponytail.

Invisible Girl seems out of character saying "I'm so hot for you right now." Especially in front of "the family"

Silver Surfer eats planets.

And is that an official poster? A pic of the Silver Surfer that says "Rise" in default Times New Roman? Is he supposed to be commanding me to be aroused?

Really, I'm sure I'll love the movie, but this little bit of marketing seems way off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.