main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Event - July 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by spike_thmid, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I've seen Tim pimping this event around other chapters, is anyone on here interested in going??

Sounds like it could be good fun, kinda tempted to make a long weekend of it - maybe even camping !! [face_thinking]

http://www.fantasyevents.org/bristoljuly2006/bristoljuly2006.html

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Looks very cool. I'll have to consider it.

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    omg! Now that would be so cool if you two could come, I had set myself for being the only Northern brother there lol :cool:

I haven't booked anything yet btw. Anyone wanting to do the Joust! trip too? I have to work out transport (it'll be either train/bus from Bristol to the castle), like 30 mins I believe.

4. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Money permiting I may be up for this, But close to York but Spike peeked ny intereset at the Boro gig with talk of camping. :D

5. jedidonkey

jedidonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2006
    Sounds really cool

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Thread on FF-UK: South boards on this with extra info about my suggestion to go to the Joust! event nearby Bristol on Saturday - http://boards.theforce.net/south/b10753/23849161/p1/?4

Lol, I was intending on getting a hotel room in Bristol, you lot can be attacked by the grisslies :p

I may have to definitely go to this, one of the Dark Horse Comics writers is attending, I can't not go and meet him.

7. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Most def up for going to that - so many guests! Anyone got a plan?

8. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    well I've only found one campsite so far

http://www.ukparks.com/park_details_top.asp?parkid=3285

it's only about 10 miles away from the Fantasy Event (according to the AA Route Planner)

Come on Tim - you know you like a good old campfire sing song !! :D

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ooooo Spike!!! Stop tempting me lol :p My two main problems will be I am coming down by train (and really don't feel like lugging a mobile home around :p I have to get one first too), second is that I'll be there Friday night anyways, and that nice hotel is sooooooo close to the train station, unlike the camp :p

I'll think about it, would be meh to miss out on a group thing like camping too. I loved it as a kid, not done it for a while. Veggie sausage and beans by a campfire! Oooooo ... :p

10. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Im up for attending this Event The Idea of wasteing Money on Hotels kind of Puts me off coming to these's Events
    and enjoying my self with songs around the Camp fire ( But Be carefull Ogil Its one person to a tent ! )

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lolololol! I can see Chris cowering in his tent right now, gun fixed on the door :p

I still have the problem that I am not coming in a car which can go straight to the camp, you think there is a bus service to the camp site? :p Me neither. I'll have to meet you all there in Bristol itself, what day are you all planning on coming? I will be there Friday nite. I'll give it more thought tho.

12. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    I'd be up for camping! Sounding better by the minute methinks. Like I said Timbo, if I drive down and you require transport, let me know.

Sooo, are we going for an FFUK:N campy thing then?

13. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'd love to get involved in a camping meet.

I know a couple of really great sites in Buxton (can't do Bristol due to family circumstances at home and money being tight) but if we could organise things for a summer meet next year I'm sure I'd be able to make it with my sproglets.

I would have pushed for something on this line earlier in the year but due to the missus beingpreggers thats just not an option for me ATM

14. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    hi all
    i'll be there, but iam flying down from newcastle (£63 return) but back home the same day
    hope to see you all there
    nigel

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Aside for Nigel and me, anyone else coming from the North?

16. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm going to have to shy out now I'm afraid [face_frustrated]

The GF is taking part in an arts fair in Saltaire on that weekend & she's roped me into helping her - on the understanding that I can go to the big Sutton Park meet on 6th Aug [face_dancing]

Gutted I'm going to miss it (I've never been to a convention before) though it means I can save my money for the GMEX in Nov :D

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    No probs dude! You out for York this weekend too then?

18. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    no, I'll be at York - wouldn't miss this weekend !!

helping the GF only goes so far ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.