main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Has anyone calculated how much money it would cost to own all the X-Wing expansion packs and models?

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

*listens to his wallet crying*

Around 400 Pounds

No clue, though likely something from the upcoming Force User guide, I might be able to tell you once I have that.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You are selling out to Black Sun? For shame Gorefiend

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    My glorious raiders will simply copy the paint scheme so Black Sun gets the blame.[​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Fringe Y-Wings pulled out a pilot that never occured to me, but in retrospect makes perfect sense- Drea Renthal!

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Speaking of which, I find it kind of odd to see Black Sun symbols painted openly on the ships given that Black Sun was supposed to be so secretive that most of its members didn't know it existed.

Admittedly, that ship has long since sailed, docked, and been broken up for scrap, so I should be used to it...but still.

Also a little weird seeing them fly such old fighters given that they have quite a few of their own, rather fancy designs.

And on that note, I hope they add some Scum faction fighters that aren't repaint of rebel ships. I mean, don't get me wrong, it always makes me happy to see pirate Y-Wings (and in general reinforce the idea that the rebels had to take what they could get), but there are a lot of cool fighters that could use some love, from classics like the T-Wing and R-41, to FFG's own depiction of Corellian starfighters.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  8. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005

You mean like the three guys to the right here?

[​IMG]

EDIT: Is it just me, or does the IG-2000 look barely bigger than the supposedly "smaller" fighters in this pic?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It is not just you

10. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    ....yes.

[face_blush]

Let's see...Starviper - one of the more popular EU designs (though strangely absent from the X-Wing games), IG-200 is a nice touch, and oh - that Hutt fighter. The name escapes me but I have always been fond of the design.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's not a Hutt fighter. It's a Mando craft from Galaxies.

12. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    It was made by MandalMotors, but they make a lot of craft explicitly for export. (Matter of fact, I don't think Mandos actually use MandalMotors products that often.)

And the Jump to Lightspeed called it a "Hutt Light Fighter" long before it had any other name, just like the TansGal fighters were associated with Black Sun (which is a little funny since Mandal Motors made Xizor's fighter)

TheRedBlade likes this.
  13. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    The Scyk, Dunelizard, Kimogila, and Krayt are all rather general use fringe fighters designed for Galaxies. They may have been built by MandalMotors, but mostly saw use among Hutt-aligned groups and pirates in game. It would be nice to see Fringe faction in X-Wing get a few more of them, mixed in with more classic fringe ships like the T-Wing (a weaker A-Wing-alike), R-41, and Cloakshape.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So it is a Zann Consortium craft

15. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012

The Zann Consortium didn't utilise all of MandalMotors' craft. It just appropriated some of their designs through piracy and extortion. While it isn't outside the realm of possibility that the Consortium used Scyks and the like, considering that they were MM designs and widely used by pirates, no source has ever shown them in their hands. SWG usually showed them in the hands of the Hutt Cartel, and other lesser pirate gangs.

16. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    I completely agree with you on the Black Sun part. The syndicate has been operating far too obviously in the last few years. It also didn't help that every citizen seems to know about it when the only thing actually should know is Xizor Transport Systems at best. It's much more frightening when used carefully. Sometimes it also seems like Black Sun is the only crime syndicate operating in the whole galaxy, while there are tons of others. They are simply not used at all. So I don't mind the Black Sun making appearances, it makes sense for them to be involved in pretty much every crime comitted, they are the largest criminal organisation at last, however they should return to a more secretive state. Pretty much how you described them, being so "unknown" (at least to the regular citizien) that people don't necessarily know they are working for them.

Also seconding your call for more pirate ships. I would love to see some TYE wings and when Black Sun is in the game already, they could also bring in the supa fighter. I'd also like to see some ships or cards referencing the Zann Consortium, they have been criminally underused since Forces of Corruption. Too bad they tend not to field their own starship designs. But now that I mentioned the Consortium, how about some scavenged imperial starfighters? Most of their usual range of ships did appear a few times in criminal hands.

I just wish the EU didn't go with the Virago's design for every Starviper. In the SOTE comic and trading cards they look quite different. Slightly similar to the Virago but far from being a copy.

Actually the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide confirmed that the Consortium utilised Scyks (which was the number one reason why I want to see them in the game). :-B

17. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I would complain about the lack of art, but I am going to count those miniatures as art.

Zorrixor and Gorefiend like this.
  18. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    That would be cool.

I would especially appreciate some times done in the color scheme of Ky-bo Ren's pirates from Droids.

So true. I mean, Xizor's ship is explicitly a custom, and I am rather fond of the mass produced design as well:[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
  20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Arrgghh....don't tempt. I already have a lot I want to buy and not enough money for half of it.

I really like that droid in the Citizens of the Galaxy one.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Female grand moff? I remember a female moff mentioned in the Corellia book but I don't know if she's a grand moff or not.

I don't dare buy these. It would be a dangerous rabbit hole to fall into. But I can't say no to that VSD...

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Damn FFG. Putting me in the awkward position of being old enough to have the disposable income to drop on these wonderful products, but too old to have a network of friends to utilize these products. Am I really going to have to leave my cave and *gasp* meet new people!?

23. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    I love the idea of a stuck up pantoran socialite as an adversary.

24. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Edge of the Empire has a running scheme that all local Elites are evil. ;)

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I like how somebody is "stuck up" just for holding a glass and not dressing like a hobo. And as Gorefiend suggests, that probably makes her evil.

Smh.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.