main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Sure, but a Hutt doesn’t have the main downside of a more “primitive” form, lack of brain power, as they are not only described as insanely smart but given how long they life they can accumulate ever more knowledge and experience.

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Hey now, don't get touchy... I said "physique"!

o_O

3. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Sorry if it came across as touchy, certainly not the intention. :)

4. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

I am pretty sure it is a fountain ;), which this Hutt obviously set up to bring water to the people, whilst also nourishing their spirits by letting them bask in his magnificence and inspire them for another day of toiling for his, and with it their own, glory. [​IMG]

5. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    That sounds kinda familiar. I wonder where I heard something similar before ....

[​IMG]

Of course.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Simple short lived Imitator.[​IMG]

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

Cronal likes this.
  8. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    "I'm Lord Daiman. There are no other living beings."

"I was bored—and so I created the universe. I have no direct knowledge of the time before time. But I infer that wherever I was, nothing could challenge me. And so I created a new existence. All matter, all energy are manifestations of my undying spirit. But while I gave all beings motion, not all beings serve me. For I also created an opponent -- in Odion. He claims he is my older brother -- But I, of course, have no kin or kind. He is simply what I must overcome to advance."

"Cease your wailing, people of Jenith—I have arrived. That should be enough for you."

[​IMG]

In case it wasn't obvious, the ham is strong with this one.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I didn't realize Hutts had any fountains. I figured the sludge they enjoy rolling around in wasn't very conducive towards water flow, and that they preferred stagnant pools of filth besides.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Of course they do, but they have long accepted that lesser beings have other needs. :p

11. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Ok, that sneak peak into the Hutt book has me interested. There are a number of things I want from this book. Different types of Hutts, prestige classes available to them, titles and classes of favoured servants, the relationship with other species, life on Varl and the various clans (hoping for some Shell Hutts in here). The four kajidics mentioned are a good start and we get two new ones... one being even a militaristic one which is fascinating. Anyway, this is something I have my eyes on after developing some newfound appreciation for the Hutts.

12. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I see Lords of Nal Hutta on Amazon UK, has anyone found in on Amazon US? I am not seeing it.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Gorefiend suppose that all beings are "lesser" next to the massive girth of the Hutts?

That was cleverly aimed, I'll admit. Well played.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Ah there are exceptions, you have to remember my Imperial friend that there are far less rational, well-formed and friendly beings out there. ;)

15. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Because of their proportions Hutts embody things like wealth and prosperity like no other species. IIRC, their corpulences are even regarded as gods by some species.

16. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    King of Alsakan - I haven't seen it pop up on Amazon US yet.

Maybe it's just because I live in the middle of nowhere (Wyoming) with no LCGs and such, but FFG books seem inordinately difficult to get ahold of. No one seems to do preorders until the last minute and if you don't get in on that initial preorder, you're paying more than cover price in a lot of instances...

Do we have a release date for Lords of Nal Hutta? (Or the board game whose name I am blanking on right now? Wasn't it due pre-Christmas?)

King of Alsakan likes this.
  17. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    They rarely do release dates. They just come out. Probably bad for distro, but eh, whatever; they're cheaper from MiniatureMarket and CoolStuffInc anyway. My FLGS isn't very "F," so I have no problem buying them cheaper online.

Used to be you could count on one release every month, but we've gone a while without one (with the last not being a book, but the adversary cards).

18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I suppose I should just order from one of those places. I don't like that they charge you when you place the order and that you have to create separate orders if you want the items to ship when they each release, but I guess if I want a guaranteed preorder at a decent price, I should just live with it...

19. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    So i picked up the Devastator and Outrider for X-wing today.

Outrider seems a little small for scale, but I'll have to do a direct comparison with the falcon to be sure.
    Devastator is a BEAST!!

The detail is as usual great.

Draconarius likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Got my YT2400. So purdy!

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Keep in mind that it's been resized slightly - The Millennium Falcon Owners Workshop Manual says the YT-2400 is 18.65 m long, and the Outrider's page cites Star Wars Gamer as the source for the 21m figure.

If the 21m figure's out of date, then it may not need to be as long. At 1:270 scale - an 18.65m long ship becomes a 6.9cm long model.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I have now checked - if it was exactly to the MFOWM scale, it would have been 6.9 cm long, as said, and 10.6cm wide.

It is, in fact, 6.4cm long and 10 cm wide. Smaller - but only a tiny bit - and definitely to similar proportions to the MFOWM pic, rather than to the Star Wars Gamer pic (21m long, 26.7m wide)

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Guys the Lord of Iron is initiating a serious discussion regarding the finer points of toy starship proportions. In centimeters.

I think the Lit forum has just reached a new unprecedented level of geekery.

Darth_Henning, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    :D

The topic of "Are the FFG ships the right size?" has come up before - in the context of the Moldy Crow. I figured that in that particular case, the answer was yes - and that the Moldy Crow's Wookieepedia size was too large. There were comments on that on the Moldy Crow talk page I think as well.

25. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007