main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'd rather have an art book full of premium art (like we've had before) than non-comic artists working on comics. You don't hire painters to animate cartoons, after all -- different artistic and technical requirements.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007

IT could work actually.

You have one team who actually works in comics come up with the basic storyline/plot and where they want things to go. Then they meet with the team of artists for FFG to go over shot planning and panel layouts.

From that they set up how the book is going to look, the artists go their way to set up the images, and then when they're done the writing team assembles the layout and adds the dialogue in the most unobtrusive manner possible.

This would be a premium product and take a LONG time to do, but its definitely possible (and done in a variety of European comics)

However its more suited to a big graphic novel that can charge a premium and be done as one massive project, rather than a monthly.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I haven't seen any comic like that that didn't read like absolute crap. Even when you get painted comics, it's usually done by people with a good knowledge of storytelling.

4. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Doug Wheatley's comic art is probably the closest that Star Wars has come to FFG level art in panels.

Gorefiend likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Reinforcements incoming
    Announcing Three New Ally and Villain Packs for Imperial Assault
    [​IMG]

i love generic thugs so much. It was one of my favorite things from the miniatures game.

Behold the Bith Black Sun Vigo. Aka Neo...

[​IMG]

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Got tired of waiting on Wave 1 and got the Armada Core set at a steep discount instead, paying roughly what I might've paid for the three ships at a good discount seller and getting the whole game in the process. Not too bad, and I know some people who might be interested in playing such.

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    I think we're going to be seeing a LOT of Juno with Veteran Instincts in coming play lists. That's a pretty dangerous pilot.

12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I'm thinking Juno + Outmanuever + Thrusters. Proton Rocket, X1 and sensors to taste.

13. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Also valid. Either way though, the advanced is back in the battle.

14. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    It's about time.
    Next, I'm really curious to see that the Twin Ion Engine modification for TIEs (included in the Punisher) does.
    I'm also hopin that the new FFG art for the TIE agressor means it will be in wave 8. Imperials could use a ship with a turret slot, and I love the Agressor. Flew it in Galaxies. Picked it up when I hit the right Tier in the JtL Beta and never looked back.

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Currently, it seems like the X-wing is one of the weakest fighters. Most of the others with a reputation for being weak, have received some kind of update bringing them up in power - Y-wings, A-wings, etc.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Add some new Astromech units and the X-Wing (and Rebel Y-Wing) are buffed.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Scum astromechs can't be used by Rebels - but the Rebel Transport set did come with new astromechs and new X-Wing pilots. A title though - a bit like the Y-wing title introduced in the Scum and Villainy pack, and the upcoming TIE Advanced x1 title - might be a better way to buff them.

18. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    I always thought a "Rogue Squadron Aces" Pack could be good.

A couple unique X-wing paint schemes (Perhaps a green Corran Horn one? or a grey Wraith Squadron? or a Stealth X?), and then pack it with a few new pilots, and upgrade cards that are mostly a bunch of new astromechs, X-wing only modifications, and Rogue Leader through Rogue 12 title cards.

Could really make it interesting.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  20. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    His ideas are more specific than mine, but thanks.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen a pack like that yet.

21. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I think some of these may be new, Star Wars Sourcebooks Facebook page just posted a few saying they are FFG. Either way they sure look nice:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AdmiralNick22

[​IMG]

This one is from Star Wars.com:
    [​IMG]

NCISliar, Nobody145, cdgodin and 12 others like this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The VSD and ISD I definitely recognize -- the MC80 looks new-ish, probably for the upcoming Armada Wave 2.

And I don't think I've seen the Thrawn one before, but it's possible they've combined art from cards or something.

King of Alsakan likes this.
  23. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    From artist Darren Tan's DA page:

24. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Nice, I figured they would pop up on Deviantart. He is one of my favorite Star Wars artists, did some really great stuff for Essential Guide to Warfare.

whiskers likes this.
  25. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, I pretty much went through his page going "Saved, saved, saved."

King of Alsakan likes this.