main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    How about some full-sized art?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    I particularly like the droid, Twilek, Imperial army and Vader/Boba one. Last one is just like "Boba, you got anything planned after this?"-"Nope, just delivering this scrawny ass smuggler to Jabba, why?"-"Pizza?"-"Sure!"-vibe to it :p

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm getting this vibe, myself:
    [​IMG]

4. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
    Boba/Vader = Bros for life :p

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *fixed [face_mischief]

6. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

“The Sa Nalaor is infamous for disappearing. Well, and the way it disappeared.” –Grinner, ex-smuggler and infochant

Fantasy Flight Games is proud to announce the upcoming release of Beyond the Rim, the first full-length adventure for the Star Wars®: Edge of the Empire™ Roleplaying Game!

When new rumors add credence to old smugglers’ tales of the long-lost Separatist treasure ship, the Sa Nalaor, it’s time for a handful of intrepid explorers, scrappy smugglers, and adventuresome academics to fire up their hyperdrive and embark upon a fantastic journey to the farthest regions of the Star Wars galaxy!

[​IMG]

Beyond the Rim is a full-length adventure in three acts that carries players from the bustling, hub-and-spoke space station known as the Wheel all the way to the surface of a deadly jungle planet at the edge of Wild Space. In this epic tale of exploration, your characters will seek fame, fortune, and opportunities to repay old debts. You’ll dodge Imperials, explore distant worlds, run into rival parties, confront new adversaries, and uncover decades-old secrets from the Clone Wars. The ninety-six pages of Beyond the Rim contain enough material to make veterans out of new characters, or heroes out of veterans, and optional hooks for extended campaigns allow GMs to make further use of the book’s fleshed-out setting and NPCs.

[​IMG]

The Edge of the Empire and Beyond…

Characters in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire live on the fringes of galactic society, literally or figuratively. They have their checkered pasts, they owe their debts, and they have their reasons to steer away from agents of Imperial law. They are smugglers, scoundrels, explorers, mercenaries, political refugees, and renegades. By fleshing out a number of frontiers and taking you far beyond the Empire’s reach, Beyond the Rim offers exciting new ways to explore life at the Edge of the Empire.

The events of Beyond the Rim will challenge your characters with a wide range of encounters at the edges of the galaxy, and you and your friends will need to work as a team to survive. You’ll need to make good use of all your characters’ skills and talents as you navigate the jungles of Cholganna, broker deals on Raxus Prime, and encounter the deadly nexu. You’ll also have cause to fend for yourselves in dramatic space battles.
    Moreover, Beyond the Rim provides GMs with guidelines for engaging the player characters. These include optional recommended Obligations and Motivations that forge strong connections between new characters and the adventure’s events and NPCs, and a number of potential subplots offer GMs the means to customize the adventure for experienced parties.

[​IMG]

Peril and Possibility

Life at the edge of the Empire is rife with both peril and possibility, and producer Katrina Ostrander offers a few more words about the adventures awaiting your characters Beyond the Rim:

In Beyond the Rim, players must journey to the true edge of the Empire: the fringes of Known Space. They’ll be among the first to explore the dense jungles of Cholganna, and come face-to-face with the deadly nexu in its natural habitat. Fans of the Star Wars comics will recognize the Wheel space station, where the Millennium Falcon and the heroes of the Battle of Yavin once fled from the Empire. You’ll even have a chance to explore the junkyard planet and Outer Rim haven, Raxus Prime – if you can get past the Imperial shipyards and TIE fighter patrols.

We made sure that this introductory adventure would reward all specializations and styles of play. While working for the black-market tech company, IsoTech, Smugglers and Technicians will find their piloting and mechanical skills invaluable. Colonists and Explorer characters will have their chances to forge new hyperspace routes, survive savage environments, and pioneer an unsettled world. Finally, Bounty Hunters and Hired Guns can prove their mettle in skirmishes with deadly creatures, rival treasure-hunters, and relentless Imperial forces. To uncover the mystery of the long-lost Confederacy of Independent Systems treasury ship, the Sa Nalaor, the players will have to work together, and everyone will have a chance to shine!

One of the most exciting parts of working on Beyond the Rim was being able to bridge the Clone Wars with the Rebellion era in the adventure’s backstory. We were able to draw from the original trilogy, the prequel movies, and The Clone Wars animated series in order to bring this adventure to life, and it led to some fun and interesting developments. You don’t often get to see B1 battle droids pitted against scout troopers or Imperial Security Bureau agents pursuing Separatist traitors. We even managed to give a nod to the Old Republic, so players should look out for that as they play through the adventure.

[​IMG]

What really happened to the Sa Nalaor? You’ll soon have your chance to solve this decades-old mystery as you hunt for lost treasures, explore distant worlds, and enjoy life at the edges of the Star Wars galaxy… Beyond the Rim is scheduled to arrive in the third quarter of 2013!

7. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Sounds like some good stuff there. FFG has been doing a top notch job with the license; X-Wing is a fantastic board game, and I'm enjoying the card game as well. However July, and the impending release of the RPG cannot come soon enough. I've been running the Beta of Edge of the Empire since its release last year and having a blast with it... this new module sounds like another great product from the fine folks at FFG.

Yancy

8. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, can't wait to see the completed Core Rulebook.

10. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    need that art in large if anybody can find out the artists name

11. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    You could just read the bottom of the card. Sidharth Chaturvedi.

12. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    ah there are artist names... thought it to be some character name .. lol

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Truth be told "Sidharth Chaturvedi" is a pretty badass name as names go.

14. Cronal

Dec 17, 2009
  15. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Uh nice. The Rebel convoy is also rather nifty.

Cronal likes this.
  16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Beautiful. Gotta love an old school Z-95 Headhunter. Those blue markings remind me of playing in Rebel Z-95 squadrons in XW vs. TF. Which always irritated me, cause those damned ships were too lightly shielded. However, thye taught me how to be a good pilot, as I couldn't simply take abuse or jet away. In that respect, I do have some admiration for the craft.

--Adm. Nick

18. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

It’s the Starfighter that conquered Coruscant, of course one has to love it. :)

Reaper63 likes this.
  19. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Barriss_Coffee and CeiranHarmony like this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    While it's possible Dave Wolverton had that in mind when he picked Allya as the name of the founder of the Witches- it would surprise me somewhat. Especially since their stories seem to be very different.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    oh cry me a river. :p Fly around in a TIE/ln and then tell me that you feel fragile!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
  23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    If by Old School you mean a rather late model Headhunter. 4 engines, what looks like KX-9 cannons on the wings, probably even a Fabritech sensor package in the nose.

24. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    What's the maximum number of players for Star Wars: The Card Game? I've looked around and have found several different numbers. Wookieepedia says up to four, but other places like Board Game Geeks list it as two.

25. Darth_Culator

Darth_Culator Jedi Master star 2

Dec 10, 2005
    Seriously, NOBODY ever draws one with a "bubble cockpit" or "swing wings" or "triple blasters," there's just AF4s and proto-T65s.