main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    BDZ outraged or make-your-planet-an-asteroid-field outraged?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Toprawa outraged.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh so not too bad. At least they had their lives.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm not a monster. :p

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Let's not forget that they had some rather ruined lives, as in begging-for-food-in-our-ruined-cities lives. Maybe they would have preferred a BDZ!

6. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm sure that they certainly won't forget.

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Emperor built another one! Surely he should have forgiven them after that.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I thought we were talking about my ISD :p

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Mine showed up at like 11 AM on Sat. Sorry Jello, Interdictor must have got yours.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    AdmiralWesJanson

How does the Home One model look? Pretty accurate depiction (scaling issues aside)? How do the final colors on it look?

--Adm. Nick

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who are those "we all"? Because I consider more Armada wave 3 things instead of interesting supplements for Force and Destiny to be a lose

12. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Pretty good. Feels a tiny bit flatter than it should, a bit wider and less cylindrical, but that may be an illusion. Colors are pretty much the same as the front of the Neb-B, with the various patches of color.

Mainly people who are tired of interesting games or stories in Star Wars (like Galaxies or Battlefront for the former, post NJO for the latter) that focus on the normal people in the GFFA that see the addition of Jedi/Sith and suddenly if it isn't a Force-user, it is secondary at best.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The postal service has apparently shaped up and delivered my ISD.

You see? Imperial motivation gets results.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

ATimson likes this.
  14. senator52

senator52 Jedi Padawan

Nov 8, 2015
    Done quite a few favours for my bro recently so he decided to pick me up the Armada core box since the wife wasn't overly supportive of the idea. (Though she is a big fan of the Star Wars LCG which is awesome.)

Which then made it ok to pick up an Assault Frigate and a Gladiator myself. Because you couldn't play with having enough points for a proper game?!

Oh yeah and now an ISD and MC-80 are on order too...

Well that escalated quickly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  15. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Well, first game with the new big ships was entertaining.
    ISD II, VSDI, Raider corvette, some fighters against MC80, MC30, 2 corvettes and some fighters. I have the ISD on one flank, VSD with Tarkin in the center, and Raider on the far other flank. Rebels have the Cruiser in the center, MC30 next to it, one corvette to the flank, the other even further to loop around the ISD.

Turn 1, opening moves. Ships advance. Corvette on the flank slips around the side, my raider books at speed 4 for the center.
    Turn 2, fighters advance, I knock out some A-wings. Mon Cal shoots at the Raider which is now in it's front arc as the other ships are out of range/angle. Torpedo Frigate gets some shots in the ISDs nose, drops some shields, Raider corvette gets some in on the MC nose.
    Turn 3, big ships are now in range. Flanking corvette hits ISd with an overload pulse, knockin out it's defensive tokens. ISD unloads on the MC with the front arc, drops the side and front shields (redirect). VSD opens up on the Mon Cal with missiles, taking it down to 2 health, and giving it a critical that means if it overlaps a ship or obstacle it takes an extra damage. Side arcs of the two destroyers take out the corvette in the center. Mon cal then broadsides the ISD, mauling it, then has to move, but is at speed 1, and the raider corvette is in the way. Rams raider, takes a damage, critical card means it takes a second damage, and dies. MC30 then unloads a bunch of missiles into the ISD, finishing it off as well.
    Turn 4, My fighters take out the Falcon and Tycho, leaving the rebels without fighters, but ships are now moving so they are out of useful arcs. Flanking Corvette and Raider trade a couple shots from rear arcs dropping a shield, fighters fail to put any meaningful damage on the MC30, and it and the VSD trade fire with rear arcs and nothing happens.
    Turn 5, everything is moving apart, no time to turn around and re-engage. Game called. Empire wins with 230 points left on the table, to the Rebels 116. Ackbar is dead when the Defiance went up, and while the Relentless was destroyed, Tarkin was commanding from the VSD instead. Fel and IG88 killed Tycho and Han Solo.

Fun game. Cannot wait for my next MM order to ship. It's waiting on the Gozanti for X-Wing, but includes a second starter for Armada, and a set of dice. 2 sets of dice at a minimum are really needed to play well. When ships are throwing 5, 6, or 7 of a color, it means a lot of keeping track and rerolling dice to resolve things.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Got my ISD yesterday. It is so pretty. They got the proportions exactly right. What a quality model.

I'm quite happy with it.

It also looks like it's to scale with the VSD (though not to smaller ships, per the whole relative scale thing). And amusingly, the old WOTC Interdictor cruiser is almost scaled exactly right to both.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Grrr, my shipment didn't arrive today. [face_frustrated]

AdmiralWesJanson

Based on what you saw in your first game with the new wave, do you feel a Rebel player with an MC80 and appropriate support ships could beat the fleet you fielded? My one complaint in the game is the somewhat imbalance towards the Imperial player (mainly due to their ships fielding so many black dice), so I'm wondering if you think a Rebel Fleet has a good chance at winning?

For the MC80, are there two or three ship cards? I'm assuming it comes with Home One, Defiance, and Independence?

--Adm. Nick

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    For those of your (coughNickandWescough) who actually know how this game works, what are the point values of the starter set ships? I'm guessing it's not even 200 pts on both sides?

I'm also just curious how many Rebel ships I'd have to buy to make up for my ISD in case I wanted to actually play this game for once.

19. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Starter ships:
    VSD is either 73 or 85 points depending on if you run the I or II It also comes with 6 Ties that are 8 points each, though you can run one as howlrunner for 16 instead. So 121 to 141 base in just ships. You also have to take an admiral, and Tarkin who comes in the starter is 38 points. So 157-177 points before any ship upgrades. Getting to 200 with just the starter empire is pretty easy.

Corvette is 39 or 44 points, Neb B is 51 or 57 points. 4 X-wings for 13 a piece, or make one Luke for 20. Admiral in the Starter is Dodonna who is 20. So 142 to 160 in ships, plus 20 for Dodonna.

Both sides are easily capable of hitting 200 with some versatility in upgrades.

Point-wise, the ISD is 110-120 base. For similar points in Rebel ships, you get roughly 1 MC80, 1 MC30 + 1 Neb B, 1 Assault Frigate + 1 CR90, or 3 CR90s.

MC80 comes with Home One, Indy, and Defiance, yes.

Imperials have more black dice generally, but the MC80 can put out a lot of red dice in a broadside, giving it a strong range advantage. MC80 with Ackbar and Enhanced armaments can be throwing 7 red dice out each side. In my game, the Mon cal came in too close and got into range of the black dice heavy VSD. Before that, it pounded the ISD, and the Rebels now have the MC30 which has 3 black dice per side and can benefit from ackbar boosting broadsides.

For both of you, and others thinking about lists, I recommend downloading Battlescribe. It's free, works on phones and computers, and is simple to use. Datafiles are here

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmm -- so in theory I can run an ISD against a Rebel starter group then. Excellent.

21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    No, the ISD would make short work of the Rebel Starter group. It's not just about the points. The hitting power of the ISD + its strong hull & shields would guarantee a Imp victory, or least least make a Rebel victory dependent on you having the worst night of dice rolling ever. :p

--Adm. Nick

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh so it'd actually be a pretty fair fight then. Never underestimate my ability to always roll a one. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

23. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    There are no 1s on Armada dice...

Gorefiend and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

We all know Jello, like most of his fellow Grand Admirals, only got the job for political reasons. ;)

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I just said, never underestimate my ability to *always* roll a 1. :p

HEY. What do you take me for? I'm no COMPNOR stooge.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

ATimson and Sinrebirth like this.