main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Armada Wave 2 arrived today .

My god the Liberty is beautiful!!!!!

The Interdictor is pretty snazzy too.

0--------------------------------

As to the new announcements, I'm not surprised on the wave 2 armada offerings. Not many canon ships left so not surprised to see the Rebels ones get done.

Hope we see a Lancer, Carrick, Dreadnaught, and Quasar eventually though.

The new wave of X-wing is extremely disappointing to me though.

the dazzle tie
    Ren's shuttle, which is the best of the bunch but not one I liked
    and the ship that appeared in TFA for the sole purpose of being blown up.

Pretty sure there were better options in the old EU. Skipray, Tie Hunter and Starfire anyone?

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    INTERDICTOR pictures, please? Especially from the side and bottom? I'm still waiting on mine.

Also, autocorrect. Wow.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Wait... where are you ordering these? I can't find them on Amazon.com yet... [face_frustrated]

--Adm. Nick

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    FLGS has them in stock

5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'm not familiar with that site, do you have a link?

Thanks!

--Adm. Nick

6. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    I believe that stands for "Friendly Local Game Store," it's a catch-all term, not a specific place/site.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Ewoklord is correct.

My local FLGS - CoolStuff - has 'em in stock, from what I saw. You can order online through them at coolstuffinc.com

8. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Yep. Ewoklord has it.

Of course Armada came out the same day as Deathwatch, so I only picked up one liberty, and have them holding a copy of each ship in the wave (I already have 2 of each flotilla on preorder from Miniature Market ) and am on the fence about 2 interdictors.

9. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007

Will ltry to do once I unbox. Haven't had a chance yet since I'm cleaning the house to get new windows put in.

Same as the others. My FLGS puts a hold on two of everything for X-wing, and one of everything else FFG puts out for Star Wars.

Thank god they have a 10% loyalty program.

my kind of scum likes this.
  10. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I would like a bottom shot of the Interdictor, if only to see how big the main hangar is relative to the rest of the ship. ;)

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I just want to see the triangular bottom thing that's on the Rebels interdictor because it's cool.

And argh, c'mon shipping notification please....

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

12. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hmm, I may swing by the mall today and see if my FLGS has any in stock. They seem to be slow on getting past waves, but maybe I'll get lucky!

--Adm. Nick

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Grrr, my FLGS doesn't have them yet. Oh well, Amazon tends to offer better prices anyways. The pics I've seen online of the Liberty make it me think it may be the most beautiful ship yet. Those graceful wings, that curved arrowhead profile. Quite a looker! @};-

--Adm. Nick

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    From the new pack, Scrap Metal:

[​IMG]

Guys why is Gasgano trapped in some sort of gibbet? Who could have done this? WHY?????

I love Gasgano. He's sitting on my bookshelf right now with San Hill. I don't want to see him in a cage. What if he has only 3 days like the caption says? OMG guys I'm going to buy this game and save him. Quick guys, give him your star destroyers! I need all of your Liberties! All of them! I gotta make an armada and save Gasgano. We have no 3 days to waste.

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    My cruisers are at your command! :D

--Adm. Nick

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I saw some pictures on the FFG forums of these new ships -- gorgeous! The Interdictor is a marvel. I can't wait for mine to come in... or even be shipped, lol.

Nick, you'll be pleased to know that the Liberty is gorgeously detailed and painted. Especially the engine array and the ventral portions, which micromachines and other things never did quite right.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  17. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
  18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Damn, finally. I guess you saved the best for last, FFG? [face_laugh]

And an adventure, no less. Can't wait to pick this one up!

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    That's not Gasgano. Just because you can't see the difference between xextos don't mean you need to show your inability by shouting out the name of the only xexto you know of when you see one.

20. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, listen to the guy with the Mazzik icon!

:D

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

It's a lovely model - but it does seem to have one less engine than the actual prop (the bottommost centerline engine) - and the wing root engines aren't lit:

[​IMG]

(Armada thread with images of Liberty seen from behind)
    https://community.fantasyflightgame...res-for-undecided-buyers-missing-interdictor/

Also, it has only one ovoid underbelly hangar (starboard side) not two (one starboard, one port)

That said - one thing it gets right that other miniatures designers and artists sometimes don't - the bulges in the wings (leading edge) don't project all the way out:

Movie Liberty
    [​IMG]

SW Armada Liberty:
    Third party model Liberty with noticable wing leading edge bulges
    Art Liberty with noticable wing leading edge bulges:

22. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  23. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    They really seem to be hitting the mark for the AoR campaigns - the first one dealing with having to relocate secret bases due to Imperial threats, and now working to defend allies on the outer reaches of the Empire.

I'm hoping they'll get a sector campaign book, like the Corellian Sector one for EotE - a contested sector of some kind.

Edit: Took a look at a map to see where the action is - Xorrn is original, but Kowak and Vlemoth Port are not. It appears to be around Sevetta and Instrop Sectors, both little-used and outside of the major routes - the perfect place for the Alliance to thrive. (The area of action is Rimward of Tatooine, and a little towards Hutt Space).

24. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Its up now at least, high shipping cost though

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I think he means being sold directly by Amazon, and therefore subject to a huge price savings. :p

It'll probably be a little while yet before Amazon has them in their warehouses.