main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit [Fantasy Flight Games] Because it just keeps getting better

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    "Eriadu Bane."
    "We named the Akk Eriadu."
    "I have real fond memories of that Akk."

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have never been among the mass destruction type of Imperials but urge to BDZ Duro rising.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Ender Sai and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Jello, if you want to BDZ anything, target these very boards. The Duros didn't create the meme that drives you nuts. :p

--Adm. Nick

Abadacus likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Just what I'd expect to hear from a Duros sympathizer.

Maybe Mon Cola will be a better BDZ target.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    "That meme belongs in a museum."

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yes. And for a certain meme, maybe not the muse area of the museum. Maybe someplace a little further back.

[​IMG]

Iron_lord and Gorefiend like this.
  7. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014

Bring it, Imp.

I am rather tempted to make that my new avatar. Hmm.

Kylun and Gorefiend like this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The BDZ? Well, if you insist.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

9. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    As long as that means bringing your ships. The shipyards of Duro can always use good scrap alloy.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Your shipyards need scrapping? I can help with that.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

11. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't think it's a good idea to destroy the homeworld of the Empire's greatest military commander, Jello.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Forget it, we're destroying whatever planet Vthuil comes from.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    I wonder how much firepower it would take to BDZ Couruscant....

14. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    If you can get through the shields, you can burn the rest of the planet to the ground.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Stop.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Changing gears and playing a campaign starting tonight. Either going with a Shien Expert Sentinel, in a Kanan-like character, or a Smuggler Pilot who doesn't play well with others and keeps trying to put a stormtrooper helmet, complete with carbon scoring and a blaster hole, at the ship's ramps 'to serve as a warning'.

Sorry Iello.

17. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    And here I thought Jello's first target on a list for BDZs would be Chandrila. Preferably with Mon Mothma on it. ;)

18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Stellaris updates- Progress has been made expanding territory rapidly. There are enough lesser powers around me that I can stay in a state of near constant invasion, rotating targets as the 10 year peace treaties wind down, chewing off 2-4 strategically located planets and some humiliation points each time. Strike and Hammer Fleets did most the work, each made up of about 20 battleships (occasionally one is lost, and a replacement is built). Income is so high that Grand Fleet was increased in size, and is now over 50 battleships strong. Most operations have gone smoothly- two wars say the last of the Fallen Heejab Guardians absorbed, and the two Bessadon Empires (civil war long ago) are down to about a third their original territory. There are about 4 major powers surrounding the Chand in my half of the galaxy, so I have been avoiding them, and recently the balkanization of various wars in the other half split off some tiny 1-4 system empires out of the defensive pacts/vassalage/protectorate status of the great powers in the galactic east. Some system hopping ensued- Hammer Fleet went south, and Strike Fleet went North, each trailing an invasion fleet and constructor ships. Operations was simply declare war on the little powers, send in the fleet to kill any orbital assets, invade the capital, blockade a second planet, and that is enough war score for the empire to agree to become my protectorate or vassal. Then the constructor ship drops a wormhole station and a fortress to guard it (and usually the capital of my new minion) and use the added jump distance to go after the next target.

But then a problem happened. A pair of empires on my side of the galaxy that I had been avoiding got into it with one of my protectorates. The two powers each sent a 15Kish fleet to hammer my protectorate, and transports full of genewarriors. My fleets were too far, and the planet was lost. My protectorate was the one to start the war (stupid little idiot deserved what they got for that) but they were my protectorate, and a ling in my wormhole station network. I am now obliged to avenge them. Hammer and Strike Fleets are recalled, with one invasion left incomplete, but that target will sit, they are no threat to me. The big problem is that these are two larger powers, each with about 90K in fleet power spread across about 6 fleets each, one to my north and one to my south. I have Hammer and Strike Fleets, each worth about 44K in combat power, and a couple of smaller patrol fleets each with 6 to 10K strength. Home Fleet and Guard Fleet are staying put, but Grand Fleet is mobilized. The plan is to position Grand Fleet to hammer an enemy task force of 4 fleets totaling 45K at the start, but Grand Fleet, being 110K and 50 battleships, takes a long time to traverse a wormhole.

Still, the War starts. Strike Fleet in the north jumps the enemy fleets in my ex protectorates system as soon as the declaration goes down (neutral space now, so no ones fleet is teleported away) Hammer Fleet heads towards the capital of the southern power, and Grand Fleet towards the northern capital. Several smaller fleets jump deep into enemy territory to draw attention to the defensive. Unfortunately the downside to battleship heavy fleets is that they are slow through jump gates. Strike Fleet tore apart two of the enemy fleets that had raided my protectorate (the appropriately named Murders) but there were enough targets that the other fleets were able to make an emergency FTL out. Now Strike Fleet was trying to chase the enemy down. In the south, Operation Decoy worked rather too well. Patrol Fleet, made up of a mere 6 Suppressor II battleships (mixed armament meant to kill smaller targets at closer range) drew the attention of 5 separate enemy fleets to chase them down. They needed help. Hammer Fleet was sent in to try to rescue them. Patrol Fleet was to the far north of the system, engaged with a single enemy fleet, while 3 more had recently arrived. Hammer Fleets arrival point, and the timing of the pursuing ships, saw Hammer Fleet arrive in the middle of a crossfire. Surrounded, and with enemy fleets made up of large numbers of corvettes and cruisers, Hammer Fleet spread out their fire and doomed themselves. Well before the emergency FTL could spin up, the 22 battleships of Hammer Fleet were venting, burning wrecks, and the 6 ships of Patrol Fleet were down to 3 crippled ships that made the FTL out, but were then caught by one of the faster enemy fleets and lost as well.

The southern flank was gone. Enemy fleets began to range into my territory, destroying spaceports and mining stations, and then they began to land genewarriors on several of my planets. And the smaller fleets were moving too quickly to chase down with my larger forces. Eventually the Chandi God Emperor decreed that the destruction of the enemy was paramount. Strike Fleet in the North and Grand Fleet (diverted to the south) were no longer to bother chasing down the enemy fleets. Instead, they moved into orbit over the two enemy capitals instead, and began bombardment. That was the turning point. Forced to respond, the enemy fleets came to me. Arriving at the edges of the system, with my fleets in the core, they had to come into the gravity well and endure ranged fire where Strike Fleet excelled. Grand Fleet saw 5 enemy fleets converge on it from different edges of the system, but unlike Hammer Fleet, they were prepared. 50 battleships, nearly half of them the long ranged Brawler class, saw the enemy fleets destroyed as they came to relieve their capital. The desperation was so great that once these fleets were drifting hulks and my fleets began to level their surface defenses, individual ships and small groups would throw themselves at Grand and Strike Fleets, just trying to disrupt the bombardment for a few days and let the surface recover. It wasnt enough, and though several groups of troops were lost in an attempt to reclaim my invaded worlds, the elite forces on Chandi and Celestial Throne were embarked and after an initial planning mishap saw both attempting to cross the galaxy to reach their target, were switched in the plan. The loss of both capitals, after the total destruction of their navies, saw them surrender. each gave up a pair of systems in compensation, though it will take years to rebuild Hammer Fleet and much attention to replace the numerous lost spaceports.

Vthuil likes this.
  19. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I only realized after giving that post a like that it's in the wrong thread.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't know why people keep mistaking this thread for the social thread.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    For those who picked up the Edge of the Empire beginner's game, or who play Imperial Assault, here's the Alliance Smuggler aka Pash, painted by a friend of mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source image from FFG:

[​IMG]

the painter was asked to paint it to be played in games, not to his usual standard which has been Gold Demon winning.

You can see his work here: http://robjedi.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Star Wars

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I wish I could paint the fighters from Armada like that. I've seen some online that are very impressive. It takes a lot of skill and a small brush to achieve that sorta detail, especially on those tiny fighters in Armada.

--Adm. Nick

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Or, even beyond repaints...

[​IMG]

Darthmaul208, Gamiel, ATimson and 2 others like this.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Now that's LEDership!

revan772 likes this.