main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Info about the Wave 12 X-wing expansion: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/21/bring-on-the-alpha-strike/

So, if I'm reading the stuff right about the Assault Gunboat/Star Wing, they pretty much also gave us the frickin' Missile Boat (ie: SLAM ability, can be outfitted with missiles and torpedoes, and with the "Reload" ability it pretty much means you have unlimited warheads if I read that right).

2. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes. just like in the old TIE Fighter games that is indeed unlimited warheads.

OH man. I need to get like 6 of these babies.

Other two are underwhelming. If we're doing the old video games where's my T-wing and Uglies?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    If the Gunboat is out, next I want the Skipray as a dual Imperial/Scum ship. Probably large base.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I remember its stats from the D6 era. It had capital-scale weaponry. That would be overpowered as all get out in the X-Wing game.

5. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Not all that much. Give it a cannon slot and a turret slot, add a heavy ion cannon that does a crit instead of a damage (like capship ions in X-Wing). Possibly a crew slot as well.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I just wrapped up my AOR campaign, which served as an introduction to my gaming group of how the system is meant to be run. The main GM of the group was still so new to things that it was a bit more D20-esque that I'd like, so I mostly made stuff up on the fly. The ending was great though; the players, killling the last big bad and destroying their evil genophage facility, escaping from a tower on Tython in a stolen Lambda. Overhead, a dozen ISDs have responded to the alarms from the facility with TIE fighters. The players, who have some decent face chars, could have talked their way past the incoming fighters; but in combat, they were toast. I faded to black just as they got airborn and picked up the interceptors on their scopes.

The players, I thought, could go either way. Anger, at an ambiguous end. Or, because it's up to each of them as to what happens next, happiness that it ended on that note.

To the man, it was the latter.

Next up is pure EOTE, fringe stuff. I'm playing a smuggler thief. I don't want to be pure DPS, and there's already two people vying for face characters.

This would be, in 2/3 games as player (1 as GM), my second rogue after my Sentinel Shien Expert. I've never played rogues before in D&D. :D

TheRedBlade likes this.
  7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
  8. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Profundity looks good - but how will it avoid tipping forward from its plastic mount?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    Inevitable, but certainly not unwelcome. Profundity looks great - can't wait to see her alongside Home One and Liberty.

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D[face_dancing]^:)^

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

12. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Wow, reading into this more, using the Raddus/Profundity upgrade cards are a game changer. It would allow you to designate one ship of any size (Raddus) and one ship with a command of 1 (CR90, Hammerhead) and not place them until you are ready, regardless of round, within a movement range of one of a friendly ship. :eek:

Imagine charging headlong into an ISD with the Profundity throwing black dice, only to have a MC80 Home One-type appear on it's flank and pour an additional broadside into the ISD, while a Hammerhead appears on the other flank and adds it's firepower to the front arc. I am beyond excited for this addition, but the upgrade cards will add a whole new level to the game. ^:)^

--Adm. Nick

redxavier likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh fudge. I haven't brought any of this because of £££ but I am having that Chimaera. You try and stop me wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King of Alsakan and TheRedBlade like this.
  14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Don't discriminate, Sinre! [face_shame_on_you] You must own at least one Mon Cal cruiser, you may choose the variant.

--Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth and Gamiel like this.
  15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Have you picked up an Armada ship?

They weigh nothing.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  16. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007

I don't even play this game and I feel the same way.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have the Viscount on my bookshelf. That's enough, surely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Super light, but surprisingly durable and well made. I still marvel at the attention to detail and quality of the painting. These models are truly gorgeous.

On a related note, I just pre-ordered the expansion to Rebellion. I'm still so addicted to that game, the addition of new units and missions will be epic. I kinda wish they'd release an updated & expanded game board. It would be cool to have Hosnian Prime, Jedha, Scarif, and other new worlds added.

--Adm. Nick

JediBatman and Ender Sai like this.
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Yes, but - they haven't told you what Thrawn can do yet. ;)

20. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yes they did. It seems very appropriate!

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    How did I miss this. :(

22. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    X-Wing and Armada models are very well sculpted and painted. Imperial assault on the other hand, I opened a set of Jabba's palace and the models were unpainted and terribly built- broken parts and massive gaps, especially on the giant rancor. My old WotC minis rancor is and order of magnitude better than the FFG one. I don't get the difference.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You're paying for volume. All those pieces cost the money that the box set costs; plus the sculpts are all high quality.

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'm just so pleased that Armada is selling well and that FFG is still cranking out new ships. I never would have guessed in my wildest dreams that we'd have this many ships when the game was first released. Hell, at this point, there are only three canon OT warships seen in the movies still missing:
    • Executor
    • MC80 wingless cruiser
    • Dornean gunship
    I don't see how they'd be able to release the Executor, but I'm relatively hopeful for the Dornean gunships. As much as I'd like to see the wingless MC80, I just don't see them releasing something that obscure, especially when you consider that they aren't even recognized officially in the new canon yet. They might be the most numerous MC80-type at Endor, but they remain unsung heroes.
    --Adm. Nick

25. Commander_Andersen

Commander_Andersen Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 10, 2004
    I'm holding out for Dornean gunships and maybe even Corellian gunships - balanced out by the likes of Lancer-class frigates and either Dreadnaughts or Carrack-class light cruiser on the Imperial side.