main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    From what I've read, almost all of that is in the new book.
    Makes me hope for more classic-style sourcebooks like this.

JediBatman likes this.
  2. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm surprised to see Shelish listed there! I would be very interested if someone could take pictures. I'm very familiar with her after working on my Star Wars: Uprising Project. Shameless plug here:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    DarkEagle and kalzeth like this.
  3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, I'd love it if they included stuff for Raddus, the Profundity, the Hammerhead corvette, U-wing, and other RO stuff.

--Adm. Nick

4. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Hammerhead and U-Wings are in there, Nick.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    They didn't include the MC75? Bummer, I was positive that they would. Grr!

--Adm. Nick

6. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    It wasn't listed in the post someone made on the FFG forums. However, we're apparently getting the aquitens-class.

7. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Yay! Stats for characters was one thing the books were missing. Hope they do more over time. (When's this coming out again?)

8. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Off-topic for this thread, I know, but since you brought it up, is your Uprising project considered "complete" or are you continuing to work on it? I know there was some lore from the various crew runs, etc. that didn't make it in and I seem to recall you mentioning it was still a work in progress. Either way you've produced an amazing resource here and I'm happy to tell you again how much it's appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  9. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Seeing characters like Maul, Vader, Kanan, and Ahsoka actually statted out is going to be very interesting, given how often I hear it stated that the RPG's Force system isn't designed to accommodate characters of those sorts of power levels (a sentiment I basically agree with). Anyone want to start making predictions about Vader's Force rating and ranks of Adversary?

10. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    I consider it complete, at least for now. If I ever have time I could update it with some crew runs that I have saved but unfortunately many are not saved so I don't think the project can ever truly be "complete."

kalzeth and The Positive Fan like this.
  11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    The Chimaera and Profundity packs arrived and are splendid models with an interesting selection of upgrade cards. I'll likely sell off the Chimaera model as I have 3 ISDs already (4 seems a little excessive).

12. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    If anyone if ever contemplating selling off their Armada collection, feel free to PM me. ;-)

My fleet is always open to growing. Rebel ships preferred, lol.

--Adm. Nick

13. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Confirmed Dawn of Rebellion at Cool Stuff. Will pick up tonight!

14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I just ordered my copy from FFG. I should have early next week!

--Adm. Nick

blackmyron likes this.
  15. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Still not sure if I'll ever be able to actually get a RPG group together, but all the hype convinced me to order Dawn of Rebellion today.

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    And for the rest of us:

[​IMG]

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    blackmyron likes this.
  19. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    All right, picked it up. Much better than I was fearing it would be, but still some misses.

It is very much in the style of the classic WEG horizontal-style sourcebook - meaning that it takes a particular source (in this case, a movie and TV series) and does equipment, vehicles, races, planets, characters from the source material, etc.. There's a lot of material packed into it, and it bodes well for future products as the character class splatbooks run out of steam (hopefully it isn't an outlier).

The planets are a little redundant: there's Alderaan (pre-rubble), Atollon, Dathomir (for the third time in an FFG product), The Death Star, Jedha, and Lothal. Scarif, Anaxes, Garel, Malachor, The Ring of Kafrene, Seelos, and Shantipole all get mentions as well. Lothal still inexplicably doesn't have any listing for its population or orbital data. Oh, and bad news on Anaxes; in the FFGverse, it is indeed the old planet Anaxes which has been reduced to rubble.

The Empire and the Rebellion get good write-ups. There's also a nice section on the independent factions that have shown up in the TV series.

New species: Drabatans, Gigorans, Iakaru, and Tognaths.

New specializations: Force Adherent (That Guy from Rogue One), Imperial Academy Cadet, Padawan Survivor, Pirate, Retired Clone Trooper, Ship Captain.

New starfighters: TIE Advanced v1, Fang fighter, Auzituck-class gunship, Delta-class T-3C shuttle, KST-100 Kestrel light executive transport, Prototype-B6 [B-Wing prototype], TIE/mg Mining Guild starfighter, TIE/sk Striker multi-role fighter, UT-60D U-Wing troop transport, Zeta-class heavy cargo shuttle.

New capital ships: Arquitens-class light cruiser [Rebellion Era, distinct from the Clone Wars era], Hammerhead-class corvette

Overall? Pretty good and hopefully not just an outlier. The recycling of the planets instead of actually including more detailed looks at the Rogue One planets was irksome. And the whole Anaxes thing is just lame.
    Our group will be using the Ship Captain specialization, since one of our players is essentially playing that class already.

20. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Can anyone show me the Shelish page?

kalzeth likes this.
  21. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Thanks for the info!

The Anaxes thing is indeed lame, but it's not really FFG's fault, they're just working with what Rebels gave them. Not giving Scarif a full page entry makes sense though. When you think about it, what is there really to say about Scarif? It has beaches, and it has a military base.

Any info on the enemy npcs it includes? I'm assuming K2SO droids, shoretroopers, death troopers, ect.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anything new in the Malachor entries I wonder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalzeth likes this.
  23. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Technically, all Rebels gave anyone was the mere existence of an asteroid base named Fort Anaxes - which is part of why I find the whole thing so annoying, as it was a retcon in search of an actual problem to fix.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  24. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Always been of the opinion that Fort Anaxes was a Republic base set up in the Lothal sector (since we've more or less figured out Rebels Season 1-2 was largely based in that sector anyway) and its commander was from Anaxes.

25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Oh, Wedge gets stats, even if they get his story completely wrong (i.e. following Rebels) :p

Agreed, but I'd rather have more info on the Ring of Kafrene, or Eadu.

Pretty much nailed it. Death Star troopers as well. Death troopers even give a nod to the EU novel. [face_laugh]
    Mentions something resembling the events from the KOTOR era, says that it's treated as a 'parable' or 'tale', but then adds "there is always a bit of truth in legends". Otherwise, just repeating material from Rebels.
    Same here, but FFG isn't seeing it that way.
    Oh well. It's not like I'm going to accept that fate of Anaxes in my campaign (or anything I do related to Star Wars, really), but it does mean that there won't be any cool published material for Anaxes in FFG. Unless they do a Clone Wars setting....

JediBatman likes this.