main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit [Fantasy Flight Games] Because it just keeps getting better

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "The Rebel Alliance was founded by Ahso--that is to say, Mon Moth--I mean, Galen Mar--some dudes on Loth--you know what, actually, we'll have Doctor Emett Brown explain."

"Due to vagueries in the space-time continuum, all of these events are simultaneously true... and false. It turns out that every time someone else stole the Death Star plans, he created a new past whereby someone else founded the Rebellion... and every time someone founded the Rebellion, someone else stole the Death Star plans. Additionally, each of these alternate realities featured different Executor-class Star Destroyers of differing dimensions... Great Scott!!"

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Dragon break!

MercenaryAce likes this.
  3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The Complete (except when it's not) History (excluding its foundation) of the Rebel (and other assorted individuals of varying degrees of republicanism) Alliance (of indeterminate membership), x BBY to y ABY.

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Every now and then, I wish there was a way to "like" a comment multiple times. If there was, I would totally do it for this post. [face_laugh]

GrandAdmiralJello

I can tolerate a lot of things, even Galen Marek, but if that little Togruta padawan forms my Alliance, I may have to start my own organization.

Hmm, what to call it?

Maybe the Alliance to Restore the Original Alliance to Restore the Republic?

AROARR. Sounds like a Wookiee battle cry. I like it. [face_cowboy]

--Adm. Nick

5. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    WOW. Just found out about the next wave.

AWESOME!!

E-wing and Defender I definitely expected to see, but my bet on the other two were K-wing and Scimitar Bomber. My bad.

Headhunter I've seen a lot of speculation on, so not terribly surprised, and looking forward to seeing some of those in swarms.

The phantom though is completely out of left field for me. Did NOT see that coming. Looking forward to trying that out.

I wonder if we'll see the Assault Gunboat and Missile boat to round out the Tie Fighter ships anytime soon? I'd also love to see the K-wing and Skipray in the near-ish future.

imiller likes this.
  6. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    The missile boat would be a cool addition, as would the K-wing. I'mwondering what suips they could give the Empire to equal the transport and Tantive IV.

7. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008

Ok then could somone tell me how much of the book is dedicated to swoop bike's and swoop gangs? I'm guessing it's probably not even a whole page. I looked up the article and it said it had something relating to it. (edge of the empire)

8. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    From memory there wasn't a whole lot on swoop bikes or gangs. There was a paragraph on where illegal swoop races took place on Corellia, and how the gangs were a more common sight in the poorer areas of Coronet.

9. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    A good question. They'd definitely have to be from the EU.

I would expect perhaps a Carrack and Lancer based on scale and function. But who knows.

10. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Lancer would be awesome, designed to take on fighters, but it is 250 meters to the 150 of the already large corvette.

Maybe give the Empire the Assassin class modified corvette from TIE fighter, that also seems to have shown up in the RPG?

11. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    The problem will be that most Imperial ships are quite a bit larger than the corvette (the Lancer is a full 100m longer), so I wonder if they would be too large to use in game. If the corvette model is around 30cm, then a scaled Lancer would be closer to 50cm. That might be just a little bit too awkward to move around the table.

EDIT: Janson beat me to it.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Or they could go with one of the most iconic light Imperial ships out there that has also shown up in tons of places ;)
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_corvette

13. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Delving deeper into the EU, sure. And FFG has been known to do that. But the Assassin class is more recognizably "Star Wars" and has been seen in other FFG productions.

There is also the IPV-1 which I would expect before the Light Corvette.

14. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm really excited to see the Z-95 included in an upcoming wave! I wonder who the "character" cards for it will be, or if they'll have generic squadron designations instead.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    30cm?? Dang. I had no idea these things were designed to scale with one another.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

16. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Judging from the pictures, my best guess is:
    Airen Cracken
    Lieutenant Blount
    Tala Squadron pilot
    Bandit Squadron Pilot

Thumper09 likes this.
  17. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    A good idea tooling wise, as they could modify what they already have more easily than something new. The only question is if it would be too visually similar to the Corvette to be used?

I like seeing more stuff from X-wing/Tie Fighter though.

God I HATE the IPV design. I reallyh hope not. The Light Corvette I didn't even think of, and that would look great!!

You have great eyes!! Any luck on figuing out who for the Tie Defender? I would have expected Steele, but he's already in the advanced.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Can't think of many other TIE/D pilots, other than Countess Ryad and Red Star Squadron from the Starships of the Galaxy web enhancement.

19. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Can't tell the first one. Second is Colonel someone (Jendon is a shuttle pilot, Turr Phennir is an interceptor pilot) then you have Onyx and Delta Squadron as the generics.

20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Are pilots interchangeable between ships? I would hope so, since it would be kind of silly not to be able to use a pilot with a craft they were known for, just because they were released with another craft.

21. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Nope. The card has the stats for the ship and the pilot plus any special abilities they have and the cost.

22. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I think that it was done as a balance decision. The very similar Star Trek: Attack Wing allows you to pick any captain for any ship, and it's lead to Captain Picard being used pretty much exclusively. It would also be a lot harder to balance new craft if some of the crazier pilots from a previously released ship could hop into them.

23. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  24. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Looks like the Tie Phantom art from X-Wing is already spreading.

25. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm annoyed that they've announced all six Force packs before even releasing the first of the cycle.