main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm seriously tempted to buy the Age of Rebellion beta, but I figure I'll just wait for the final product- I don't RP, but FFG has so much fantastic art and pretty good lore too. I know there are a lot of differences between the Beta and the final product, but still, anybody know if the beta would be enough (for just the artwork and lore)? And buying both would be a bit too much for me though (Edge of the Empire core rulebook wasn't cheap, but was worth it).

Findswoman likes this.
  2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    If it's artwork and lore, I'd hold off. The Betas are mostly for RPG-testing and feedback, and tend to minimize the fluff. The core book shouldn't be too far off (although the Beginner game will be coming out first).

3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Ah, ok, thank you for the answer. Just really looking forward to their Rebellion core book- Edge of the Empire was good, just light on Rebel, so just eager to see how much they'll come up with for the Rebellion. At least it'll be this year.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  5. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    [​IMG]

"A long time ago, when I was in Burma, I saw a Dark Trooper...the size of a tangerine..."

6. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Darn it all... now I can picture how Mohc got the funding for the Dark Trooper project...
    Mohc: "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing all those incredible images, The Loyal Imperial. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I'm particularly loving these sources' depictions of A Certain Insectoid Species. (Put another way, I'm in Gand heaven! :D )

Which exact books are these from, by the way? Are they all form the core rulebook, or from other ones, too?

8. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The first set is from the Suns of Fortune sourcebook for the Edge of the Empire RPG. The cards are from the trading card game, while the last two are supplements for the aforementioned RPG.

Cronal likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Otters!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Actually, this fellow Mohc looks like a good candidate for that "How do you SAY these Star Wars words?" thread (in the SW Community forum). Does his name rhyme with "soak"? Or are we to pronounce the c according to the rules for a different language*—e.g., to rhyme with "coach" or even with "coats"? His name is "chom" backward—any Chomskian connection?

*Cf. the X of Xizor.

11. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005

Sounds like Lord Cronal and the Sorcerers of Rhand......

Revanfan1, Barriss_Coffee and Cronal like this.
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

Didn't Dark Forces have a cutscene where his name was spoken aloud? I seem to recall him talking to Vader, but it's been years.

If not, I've always just gone with an aspirated "mock" -- that is, mock with a hard "ch" like chlorophyll.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004

Heroes and Legends finally came out. =D= I wonder if anyone still plays the game locally.

The annotations for this Let's Play are pretty cool too, and Vader pronounces it "mock."

Revanfan1, TheRedBlade and IcePirate like this.
  14. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    somebody beat me to it.... I posted a link with the pronunciation of Mohc.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think it sounds more like Mok, as in

Wonder if they are related...

IcePirate likes this.
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh good, I wasn't imagining things.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, "Mock" or "Mohck." Got it. Thanks!

(What, incidentally, is his first name?)

Back to the images posted by The Loyal Imperial: What, if I might ask, is the story/lore behind the images from Suns of Fortune? E.g., why and under what exact circumstances is that Gand Findsman battling giant bugs? Just in a nutshell, of course.

Or is it a surprise, and I should just buy the book? :D

18. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Rom.

And there's no specific story to them, to my knowledge: just an illustration of a fefze beetle, and for some Selonians.

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Some Scans from Dangerous Covenants

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, yes, yes! Keep them coming, please! :D

Most. Badass. Aqualish. Ever. I could see him as a kind of GFFA equivalent of Captain Nemo.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I hope that Duros falls to his doom. I have it out for the entire species now. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Divinum Excrementum!

Those are awesome!

The Aqualish takes the lead, but just a bit. Can't decide between the cyborg lady or the swordswoman for second. Duros coes in last, but still a pretty good picture.

23. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Is it cause he is contradicting the entire EU through his presence? :p

The Aqualish indeed does look quite badass.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    He's contradicting my sanity! :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

25. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Geeze, what does the artist have against right eyes? I know eyepatches and scars can make someone look badass, but c'mon.